2021 QB Jay Allen

Advertisement
It's a highlight vid. Of course the passes are going to be dead on the money. He's largely a one read QB in that video and he takes a number of high risk throws that could be problematic in college. There's also a number of plays where he misses a much higher percentage throw on the same side of the field.

His stat production isn't that great, pretty average really. Completion percentage is around 60 percent.
32 TD's to 17 INT's suggests his coaches aren't incredibly confident in him.

If you want a project, he could do in that role. I would be happier if he was a baseball recruit. The Lamar comparison is crazy though.

You might be the first person on this site to admit that watching a kid's highlights on youtube isn't the same thing as "watching his film."

I don’t follow HS baseball/MLB draft at all....this kid is considered a first round pick possibly next summer in baseball??
He's a really really good Baseball player bro.

He's the 11th ranked overall & 4th ranked OF by Perfect Game USA (Baseball prospect publication). He was 1st team all-state & the #1 ranked OF in Florida, kid batted .394 with a .532 on Base & .507 slugging, 28 hits & 34 runs (in 25 games) plus had a perfect 1.000 Fielding % (which means he didn't make any errors).

He has an 91mph exist velocity & is in the 88th percentile in FB Velo.

He's a highly atheltic kid that excelled in 3 sports, averaged 12.5 PPG 4.8 RPG & 1.4 SPG in Basketball while shooting 48%'from the field, as a 6'3 180lbs Guard. In Baseball he's described by scouts as a super athletic CF with very good Defensive fielding & idk if you keep up with Baseball but the CF is usually the best OF on the team, because they have to have the most range to cover the largest area of the field & have to have the best combination of speed & arm strength.

He's much taller & not physically comparable, but Andrew McCutchen was a big time athlete in HS (from Ft. Meade FL) that played Football, Baseball & ran track & actually had a full ride Football scholly offer from Miami too.

Idk what his draft slot would be exactly, but I'm certain he would go no later than mid 2nd round.

He's the 11th ranked overall & 4th ranked OF by Perfect Game USA (Baseball prospect publication). He was 1st team all-state & the #1 ranked OF in Florida, kid batted .394 with a .532 on Base & .507 slugging, 28 hits & 34 runs (in 25 games) plus had a perfect 1.000 Fielding % (which means he didn't make any errors).

He's a highly atheltic kid that excelled in 3 sports, averaged 12.5 PPG 4.8 RPG & 1.4 SPG in Basketball while shooting 48%'from the field, as a 6'3 180lbs Guard. In Baseball he's described by scouts as a super athletic CF with very good Defensive fielding & idk if you keep up with Baseball but the CF is usually the best OF on the team, because they have to have the most range to cover the largest area of the field & have to have the best combination of speed & arm strength.

He's much taller & not physically comparable, but Andrew McCutchen was a big time athlete in HS (from Ft. Meade FL) that played Football, Baseball & ran track & actually had a full ride Football scholly offer from Miami too.

Idk what his draft slot would be exactly, but I'm certain he would go no later than mid 2nd round.
Correct. He’s going really high. I’m concerned the football stuff is a leverage play for that.

Advertisement
Correct. He’s going really high. I’m concerned the football stuff is a leverage play for that.
That said, if he really wants to play football instead, he can and we should take a commitment immediately. I just don’t see that happening.

Good ****. Was he officially committed to UF to play baseball? That’s a **** of an athletic profile.

I thought Jackson’s issues were grades which is why UF and others were not on him and Strong struck gold. If i’m thinking of someone else i apologize but i thought that was the issue?

I thought Jackson’s issues were grades which is why UF and others were not on him and Strong struck gold. If i’m thinking of someone else i apologize but i thought that was the issue?
My recollection as to Lamar was that Miami, under Fat Al, actually liked him. However, Miami had Kaaya starting as a freshman during Lamar’s senior season. That said, Jackson’s path to qb was very cloudy with Kaaya in place possibly for 3 years.

Louisville was open and Petrino did a great job with his skill set. It worked out really well. It’s shame he didn’t end up at Miami but it is what it is.

Advertisement
Let me refresh some memories here. Lamar Jackson? We sound like gator fans. I’m not saying the kid can’t play. But Lamar Jackson??!!!
If we would’ve had a spread offense back then and we land Lamar Jackson our team and college football in general would be very different indeed.

Had to go back and introduce us to Lamar Jackson...lol.....I like Allen as a prospect but IMO Lamar had another gear that I'm not seeing with Allen....peep the 1min 55 sec TD run....

I'd take Allen given the circumstances, but let's bee eezy with the Lamar Jackson comparisons lol

Good ****. Was he officially committed to UF to play baseball? That’s a **** of an athletic profile.
Yeah, he's committed to UF for Baseball, but he's receiving interest from some programs that will let him play both Football & Baseball, because UF isn't going to allow him to play FBall & the only person he ever talked to at UF about the possibility of playing FBall was Jamar Chaney (one of their recruiting directors) who just left for a job at Miss St.

But he's as legit as a Baseball player as he is as a Football player, ever more so actually, he could start from day 1 in our Outfield.

Yeah, he's committed to UF for Baseball, but he's receiving interest from some programs that will let him play both Football & Baseball, because UF isn't going to allow him to play FBall & the only person he ever talked to at UF about the possibility of playing FBall was Jamar Chaney (one of their recruiting directors) who just left for a job at Miss St.

But he's as legit as a Baseball player as he is as a Football player, ever more so actually, he could start from day 1 in our Outfield.

This kid is absolutely a day 1 starter in our outfield and probably hits second. Gino is probably in Manny’s ear more about this kid than Lashlee. Either way I can’t see him ever stepping on a college campus. He’s most likely got a 7 figure bonus waiting on him next June.

My recollection as to Lamar was that Miami, under Fat Al, actually liked him. However, Miami had Kaaya starting as a freshman during Lamar’s senior season. That said, Jackson’s path to qb was very cloudy with Kaaya in place possibly for 3 years.

Louisville was open and Petrino did a great job with his skill set. It worked out really well. It’s shame he didn’t end up at Miami but it is what it is.

My recollection is that they liked him. A lot. At WR.

Advertisement
You might be the first person on this site to admit that watching a kid's highlights on youtube isn't the same thing as "watching his film."
Film is unavailable for the most part regarding recuits. Fans on here use highlight videos to try a project what kind of upside the recuits will have more then anything.

I’d normally agree but we could lose 3 QBs next year. We need to take one this year.

I know people aren't going to like this, but I think next year's depth chart looks like this:

1. Perry
2. TVD
3. Matocha
4. Rizk or Martell

Jay Allen would just take a spot and then head off to baseball so there is no real point in adding him to this class. Especially if he won't be our successor.

Advertisement
Seen the kid play baseball multiple times...he isn't playing college football. He played for the top travel team in the nation last summer and he was the only one who really stood out. We played against him two times and he was the only kid who really balled each time....

I know people aren't going to like this, but I think next year's depth chart looks like this:

1. Perry
2. TVD
3. Matocha
4. Rizk or Martell

Jay Allen would just take a spot and then head off to baseball so there is no real point in adding him to this class. Especially if he won't be our successor.
Why is Martell still **** bent on playing a position, QB, that he has no long term future in? He should move to a slot WR. Is it him or the coaches I wonder....

Advertisement
Back