NFL 2021 NFL Draft Thread

BoxingRobes

Junior
For all the hottest takes and news updates you want to share around the world of football.

Will start the thread with the second throw from this quarterback on this IG Live.

Advertisement
Some spider graphs of Miami players from mockdraftable after athletic testing. Some interesting comps come out.

Greg Rousseau - notable comps: Carl Nassib, Quinton Coples, Carlos Dunlap, JPP

Jaelan Phillips - notable comps: Gaines Adams, Jadaveon Clowney, Robert Quinn, Dion Jordan, Mathias Kiwanuka

Quincy Roche - notable comps: Oshane Ximines, Yannick Ngakoue

Brevin Jordan - notable comps: Tony Moeaki, Ed ****son

Saw another dude (Eric Edholm?) compare GR to David Irving smh how many CIS lurkers are there?

Advertisement
Saw another dude (Eric Edholm?) compare GR to David Irving smh how many CIS lurkers are there?
Bottom left of the main forum page. 355 right now.

1618588439063.png

So, 49ers picking Fields? Is the secret now out? I've always thought this was the pick for them as soon as they traded up. It's no secret that Shanahan LOVED the skills of RG3 when he was OC with the skins. However, RG3's attitude got in the way.

So, 49ers picking Fields? Is the secret now out? I've always thought this was the pick for them as soon as they traded up. It's no secret that Shanahan LOVED the skills of RG3 when he was OC with the skins. However, RG3's attitude got in the way.

I'm a believer that they moved up to 3 with no plan...loved Mac...now love Fields...and they are just happy to be there.

Not taking Fields seems silly, IMO, but we'll see.

Top 5 picks rn...1. Lawrence 2. Wilson 3. Fields 4. Pitts 5. Chase and that brings us to the Dolphins...thinking they go Waddle.

Advertisement
Trey Lance

Would be a mistake to pick him over fields, imo
Cecil Lammey thinks it's Lance. He's the same guy who reported they had an offer for Darnold in Feb. I have a source close to a lot of Niners who said Lance when the trade up happened but he could be full of it.

You can like Fields over Lance and still understand why Lance is a better scheme fit. More experience with hard play action under center, better in the underneath pass game and makes quicker decisions. Fields likes to sit in the pocket waiting for deep routes to uncover and he overhitches on timing routes. That's not a Shanahan QB.

Advertisement
Wonder if it’s possible to do a CIS NFL draft. 32 posters, 32 teams, 7 rounds lol randomly select the names and teams and see who has the best draft.

Wonder if it’s possible to do a CIS NFL draft. 32 posters, 32 teams, 7 rounds lol randomly select the names and teams and see who has the best draft.
We're doing one on the WEZ right now. Sign up and check it out.

I got the Chiefs and took:

Teven Jenkins
Dyami Brown
Trey Sermon

so far

Advertisement
Chase or Pitts gone we need to take Sewell or trade down with Denver and maybe get another future 1st rounder. If I am Atlanta I am trading out of 4 if not picking a QB. Too many needs. Of course, the Falcons will just continue losing 45-41 by picking Pitts.

I would take Fields over Lance just because of the competition faced, but Lance produced and has some good measurables.

Chase or Pitts gone we need to take Sewell or trade down with Denver and maybe get another future 1st rounder. If I am Atlanta I am trading out of 4 if not picking a QB. Too many needs. Of course, the Falcons will just continue losing 45-41 by picking Pitts.

I would take Fields over Lance just because of the competition faced, but Lance produced and has some good measurables.
Yes

Kyle Shanahan calls John Beck all the time these days. It’s not to catch up on old times.

Beck, 39, was a backup quarterback in Washington in 2010-11 when Shanahan ran the team’s offense and the two have remained close. These days, Beck is better known as the private quarterbacks coach for Ohio State’s Justin Fields and, as of a few weeks ago, North Dakota State’s Trey Lance, who along with Alabama’s Mac Jones are in the running to go to the 49ers with the No. 3 pick. He also works with BYU’s Zach Wilson.
Would be hilarious if Shanahan outsmarts himself with this one

Advertisement
Back