NFL 2021 NFL Draft Thread

Cecil Lammey thinks it's Lance. He's the same guy who reported they had an offer for Darnold in Feb. I have a source close to a lot of Niners who said Lance when the trade up happened but he could be full of it.

You can like Fields over Lance and still understand why Lance is a better scheme fit. More experience with hard play action under center, better in the underneath pass game and makes quicker decisions. Fields likes to sit in the pocket waiting for deep routes to uncover and he overhitches on timing routes. That's not a Shanahan QB.

Advertisement
It's not nothing but I'm pretty sure they did/would've done the same with Fields. Fields used to work with Avery and switched to Beck, he just did it a while ago.

Obviously I thought Lance is the guy all along but this doesn't rule out Fields.

It's not nothing but I'm pretty sure they did/would've done the same with Fields. Fields used to work with Avery and switched to Beck, he just did it a while ago.

Obviously I thought Lance is the guy all along but this doesn't rule out Fields.

Its a good position to be in...but you've got to do a lot of homework because you've got to get it right.

I do LOL @ the idea that John Beck has a key say in a pick of this magnitude for the 49ers.

I don't think Wilson plays at 210. The way he (mis)manages the pocket is concerning given his size.

Advertisement
Lot of 3,4, and 5 year guys are staying for their 4,5, and 6th year... do to this covid mess...

Advertisement
Lots of late smoke that we'll be seeing a ton of WRs in R1...I find it hard to believe that with all of the WRs going in R1, we won't be met with more CBs going off the board than you think...Caleb Farley's back issue is in play, too. No idea where he goes...but outside of Horn, Surtain, and Newsome...Eric Stokes and Asante Samuel Jr. are getting late R1 buzz now.

What y’all Dolphins fans trying to do?
Don't know, but I am sure whatever it is will go wrong.

But in all seriousness, I am ok if they go Pitts/Chase/Sewell at 6 or trade down again. 18 kind of depends on what they do with the first pick, but would go top player on their board at WR, OT, or rush end.

Lots of late smoke that we'll be seeing a ton of WRs in R1...I find it hard to believe that with all of the WRs going in R1, we won't be met with more CBs going off the board than you think...Caleb Farley's back issue is in play, too. No idea where he goes...but outside of Horn, Surtain, and Newsome...Eric Stokes and Asante Samuel Jr. are getting late R1 buzz now.
I think it will be a run on pass rushers 18-32. Too many teams need them.

I thought Stokes was sweet value when he was being mocked in the late R2 and early R3. Late first is a bit heavy. One of the most entertaining things about the draft is watching values change so quickly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's what I would do too. Take the more sure thing at a position you still need to fill.
If Sewell, I would like to see them get aggressive if Parsons falls. Need a top center. RB.

With Fuller now I think look for hidden WR gem later. But with top tackle and center...Our OL is set for 10 years and games are won in the trenches.

Now, if Pitts/Chase are available I rethink lol

If Sewell, I would like to see them get aggressive if Parsons falls. Need a top center. RB.

With Fuller now I think look for hidden WR gem later. But with top tackle and center...Our OL is set for 10 years and games are won in the trenches.

Now, if Pitts/Chase are available I rethink lol
I was texting with my brother and he said if you don't take that top WR, then you don't know what you have with Tua after this season. Granted the OL would be young, but if he can't start to figure it out with that talent on the OL and Fuller then I think it is pretty telling too.

I was texting with my brother and he said if you don't take that top WR, then you don't know what you have with Tua after this season. Granted the OL would be young, but if he can't start to figure it out with that talent on the OL and Fuller then I think it is pretty telling too.
At Bama, he had one heck of an OL and RB (plural). Tannehill became good at TN because of OL and RB.

Bengals see their QB with a broken knee and are going to go WR...Cracks me up really. Atlanta? I guess Jones, Ridley, et. al. just aren't enough and if they can score 60 they will win 60-59!

I could be wrong but I am a best player available if you have a need there. We have need at WR, RB, OL, and Edge so if Chase is gone that means Sewell steps up.

Advertisement
Back