2021 New Unis

There is clearly a **** of a lot you don't understand about profit margin and debt service in the retail space (shoes in particular), but then again, you seem to think steamships are still a thing, so here's a cartoon I'm pretty sure you'd like.

mickey mouse disney GIF

Lots of people in the industry still call them steamlines because no one wants to talk about bunker fuel.

Advertisement
First of all, I laughed way too hard at that.

Second, I predict the only thing that will change (if something changes at all) will be the font on the jerseys. They used those for the recycled jerseys: View attachment 144314

and pretty much the same ones for the Miami Nights they released last year:

View attachment 144315

I do like the font. Unsure how others feel about it, taste always differs.
These jerseys make it look like we are "The V', not "The U"
Sad

First, Lets all take a second laugh at all the people coming here complaining about this thread and if Unis matter or not.

Okay back to my post. Would really love for this to happen, Has there been any word or any time frame that an announcement will come?
First, your young. You have not come to the realization that new doesn’t always mean better. Second, new jersey’s are fine but at the rate they come, it’s all about money. Third this new jersey every year bull**** in all sports started to gain steam in the mid 90’s and has gotten worse every year since. Fourth and most importantly 70 percent of them that have been released since then are ugly trash.

First, your young. You have not come to the realization that new doesn’t always mean better. Second, new jersey’s are fine but at the rate they come, it’s all about money. Third this new jersey every year bull**** in all sports started to gain steam in the mid 90’s and has gotten worse every year since. Fourth and most importantly 70 percent of them that have been released since then are ugly trash.
Actually they really.. I mean really are trash... Lol...🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement
Good lord, gramps, enough with the “get off my lawn” nonsense.

Get out of the rest home and take a field trip if your caretakers will let you. Ocean plastic pollution is a huge problem, as anybody that has spent any time on the ocean can tell you.

I realize your crepe-like skin is all old and wrinkly and weathered, but you can still get out and use sunscreen.

Also, old-timer, the last time steamships were a thing, Mark Twain was making the rounds.
Yo you finna do some whaling?

OF COURSE it's a marketing ploy. The only incentives corporations have to give about the environment are:

1) When we destroy the planet and everyone dies, it's going to be hard to get customers. But at the same time, there are no shareholders either, -OR-
2) When regulations dictate it, -OR-
3) When it's cheaper, which is pretty unusual.

But who cares if it's a marketing ploy if you're using recycled materials that would otherwise be garbage over new materials? People here talking about recycling like it's a bad thing.
I guess some of us just don't care about whatever these corporations shove down out throats in the name of saving the environment are any other moral cause de jour. Maybe there is a net benefit rather than a net detriment - I doubt it, but if it makes you feel good, so be it.

I don't want to see another Canes "Black Out" version jersey. It will forever be cemented in my mind what happened in those jerseys on Dec 12th 2020. Some books need to be closed forever and IMO that's one of them.

Advertisement
Just remember it could always be worse and we could be wearing some of the abominations Oregon wears. I have to turn off the game if I see that glow in the dark neon green shvt.

I guess some of us just don't care about whatever these corporations shove down out throats in the name of saving the environment are any other moral cause de jour. Maybe there is a net benefit rather than a net detriment - I doubt it, but if it makes you feel good, so be it.

I mean... seriously? How the **** could there be a net detriment from using recycled garbage vs. brand new materials?

Just because it's a marketing ploy doesn't mean it's inherently bad.

Just remember it could always be worse and we could be wearing some of the abominations Oregon wears. I have to turn off the game if I see that glow in the dark neon green shvt.

Yeah, Oregon goes wild w/ that chit. Lol. But literally that’s their market....what’s weird to us is cool to them. They wanted over the top to attract young kids to their program since they don’t have a natural recruiting ground. It actually worked. My little homie went on an OV there like 4 yrs ago, and he was all SC til he saw their facilities & the 100 different uniform combos. He committed & will be playing on Sundays soon.

Advertisement
Adidas is notorious for not making aesthetically sound jerseys. It’s not in their DNA.
2016 and beyond, Adidas has ****ted on Nike with everything Nike has given us after 2003. It’s not even close.

I’m a Jordan/UA guy, too. I give zero ***** about Adidas but our uniforms are light years better than the garbage we have had from 2004-2014. Baseball uniforms are by far the best in the country.

Advertisement
2016 and beyond, Adidas has ****ted on Nike with everything Nike has given us after 2003. It’s not even close.

Strongly disagree.

We’ve had strawberry patches
We currently have The V
We’ve the the maze numbers
We’ve had the soccer uniforms
We’ve had that bull chit against LSU in 2018 which I’m still not sure what “green” that was.

U wanna throw Nike out for that Pro Combat experiment chit we had, pls be my guest. The bra strap was a very dull jersey, as well. However, the 2014 jerseys were really, really nice. It was aesthetically pleasing in stitch & design, we got some homage helmets (although I agree the green & bronze helmets should’ve been matted vs. glossed like the originals). Why ppl hate the 2014 joints is b/c 1. Golden’s dumbass was responsible for the color combos & that FAMU & all orange combo fcked up everything & 2. We sucked mucho *** in them. Bad memories all around in them...but those were our best jerseys in a minute.

The only jerseys I roll w/ from Adidas are the Storm Troopers & the original Miami Nights (but they also gave that same name to FIU’s black jerseys when we played them in the OB, remember?). That Parley chit is dead af to me. Aqua for our color scheme? FOH.

Advertisement
Back