2021 MLB Draft Discussion

Round 2 is complete and Del watch continues. Have to wonder if signability is a) the reason he’s falling and b) an issue for anyone that would want him going forward with slot down to just over $1 million. He’ll probably be the first pick of Comp B now that I’ve typed this.

Advertisement
You have to wonder at this point if he signaled a bonus amount that MLB teams are balking at? He's looking at well under $1MM IMO if he signs.
That’s what I’m starting to think this far below his draft rankings.

A friend of mine just texted that people in Miami are suggesting he is coming back. Hope I didn't just jinx it also.

A friend of mine just texted that people in Miami are suggesting he is coming back. Hope I didn't just jinx it also.
The definition of big if true. Gino said last week they found a mechanical issue late that they didn’t get fixed (cough Lopez cough).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m going to operate on the base assumption that they wouldn’t pick him without a deal but we’ll see.
If they don't sign him, they cannot reallocate that pool money to their other picks, correct (since it's a 1 - 10 round pick)?

If they don't sign him, they cannot reallocate that pool money to their other picks, correct (since it's a 1 - 10 round pick)?
Correct. Don’t sign the pick and lose the full slot value. Only two of the picks in the first 10 rounds didn’t sign in 2019.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back