2021 Miami Pro Day

Rousseau is a Calais Campbell type freak athlete. He ran an amazing 40 given his other attributes. I was ****ed at the kid for skipping 2020. But he is a monster and will go very high in the draft. I could see him being a future pro bowler along with Phillips. 2 first rounders at DE? Then a 3rd/4th rounder in Roche? Wouldn't surprise me.

Jordan is such a stud. He probably won't go before late 2nd. But whoever gets him will have a franchise TE. Whoever said he isn't good at inline blocking didn't see the tape last year. He is better than many pro TEs at inline blocking, and his route running and hands (for a TE) are next level.

Our talent level is probably higher across the team in 2021. But we're are going to miss those guys. I still smh thinking about the "what ifs" of having Rousseau playing.

Advertisement
Guaranteed alot of them woulda been HUMBLED at the combine.

Kyle pitts ran a 4.4 and didnt even run in a straight line...ninja wavered off like a drunkd river at the start of the run. So basically he would of clocked **** near a 4.3??

Chase popped right up on his run and ran a 4.3? who tf is timing these kids lol

giphy.gif
Normally I would agree, but pro scouts are at these pro days timing these 40s & they're getting the same time or FASTER.

Normally I would agree, but pro scouts are at these pro days timing these 40s & they're getting the same time or FASTER.
Naw,b

If you follow these things no one ever has a worse time or worse testing at their PRO DAY than at the combine. Its for a reason.

Its essentially like in high school every single s.fla wr or db runs a 4.4. Even gets it timed by their "coaches"....go to camps and run off those high 4.6-4.7 times and get it scratched.

These are "unofficial" times for the most part anyway, butlike i said had there been a real combine...most of these guys wouldnt be putting up these type of times and numbers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@gogeta4

I posted in the Dolphins thread in the Sports Forum, as did High Seas. Usually, UF track is slower than the combine (srs) and a tweet was followed up posting the splits and he's more like a 4.53. Whichever...he's ******* RUNNING.

Chase when evaluating the splits was a 4.40 guy flat. Makes sense since Justin Jefferson was a 4.43 guy last year at the combine and they are v similar in the speed department.

I agree. He doesn't stand out physically...but he's got all the tools. Has tons of game tape that support him being a guy that can do a little bit of everything both at the G5 level and P5 level.

I've said it before, but I think Roche and Rousseau are closer to prospect grade than most give Roche credit for. But I might be the high man on Roche as a prospect.

@BoxingRobes - appreciate your takes and you have a better knowledge than me, but wanted to get you thoughts on this.....

Would you you grade on a curve, and how much of a curve, given Roche lined up over LT's all year while Phillips lined up over RT's?

Seems like that would mean Roche had much tougher sledding, but not sure how much that should factor in to an evaluation.

@gogeta4

I posted in the Dolphins thread in the Sports Forum, as did High Seas. Usually, UF track is slower than the combine (srs) and a tweet was followed up posting the splits and he's more like a 4.53. Whichever...he's ******* RUNNING.

Chase when evaluating the splits was a 4.40 guy flat. Makes sense since Justin Jefferson was a 4.43 guy last year at the combine and they are v similar in the speed department.
Yup on Pitts if you see i always state that cat can run...i just dont think 4.4....but he is likely is a legit sub 4.55 guy at the combine and that is moving.

The Penn state times are b.s. Theres a few questionable for me...those just sticked out as ive seen guys run some times up close and before and those 2 in particular didnt look like the times presented.

That bein said if my dolphins draft a wr i want Chase.lol I wa shoping he ran a 4.6 got****.

Advertisement
@BoxingRobes - appreciate your takes and you have a better knowledge than me, but wanted to get you thoughts on this.....

Would you you grade on a curve, and how much of a curve, given Roche lined up over LT's all year while Phillips lined up over RT's?

Seems like that would mean Roche had much tougher sledding, but not sure how much that should factor in to an evaluation.

Roche went to the SR BOWL and did work on multiple guys...that should be enough to boost his value...they were raving about him there...and thats going against guys that likely start as rookies. Guys like Leatherwood from Bama who ppl fawn on here was FOOD for Roche honestly.

He's a mid round steal

Why would a pro scout, who works for one pro team, ever come out publicly saying he had a different time and the advertised time was BS? If I was a scout for, say, the Dolfinas (sad work, but at least I'm not homeless) and I clocked a kid at a 4.6 but E$PN and $EC network were reproting a 4.4, why would I say anything to anyone other than Flores and Grier? Isn't it strategically beneficial to me to keep quiet and pretend the kid is fast?

Advertisement
u have a better knowledge than me, but wanted to get you thoughts on this.....

idk about grading on a curve. Where a guy is lining up is mostly scheme related. You're still looking for the traits.

Imagine Phillips on the left side where he would have saw less snaps with a TE or shifted protections against him though? Jesus.

As for Roche...while the raw sack totals were down...I thought he showed a lot of everything over ACC quality LTs...but also you could pick apart his game a little more. Was a non-factor v. Darrisaw, for example. However, I believe he was our highest rated player against Jackson Carmen and I thought that was a good game for him despite no sacks. Lots of pressure and showed he could do work in a game against a solid collegiate tackle. Roche's game v Ekwonu (NC State) was one of the best games you'll see all year in the ACC. Ekwonu will be a future pro.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Chris Simms has Phillips as his top edge defender and potential top-10 overall prospect, and says Rousseau "is all length and that's it" and "has 3rd round tape but probably goes in the 2nd".

i'll be rooting for both to go in the first, but Simms is a solid evaluator.

Chris Simms has Phillips as his top edge defender and potential top-10 overall prospect, and says Rousseau "is all length and that's it" and "has 3rd round tape but probably goes in the 2nd".

i'll be rooting for both to go in the first, but Simms is a solid evaluator.
Phillips is that guy.

As for Rousseau, we heard the same takes about Calais Campbell. I called them dumb then, and I’ll call them dumb now.

I've never trusted hand timed track results for good reason.

Becoming a Pro scout requires decades of experience. That means for the most part, these are upper middle aged men or older.

Don't know about you guys but the older people get the more they try to anticipate (due to uncertainty about their reflexes)

That is the major reason why hand timed sprints consistently show much better times than electronically timed sprints. Want proof watch these guys NFL combine times vs. Pro day times

Home cooked faster times speak for themselves

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back