2021 Five Star Challenge - OL vs DL

Advertisement
I always say you have to take all these Ol vs DL 1 on 1s with a grain a salt and not put too much stock in it. Very different situation than what they will be in the game, especially for the OL, plus DL/OL are some of the players most transformed for good or bad in the weight room.

With that said:
- FSU commit Bah looked weak and intimidated
- Not too impressed with Beau nor Mario, strongly prefer our top targets of Stewart and Kelly quite a big drop after them
- Hood looks the part, but I worry about his footwork, can that be corrected or is he just too slow? May be a better fit for a guard position

Hood is a take just off his body and his stance. Guy is a monster, well-proportioned and can bend a bit. I don’t see a bad athlete, just someone who needs coaching.

There is a reason why his OVs have been Georgia and Auburn. He is a war daddy.

Hood is a take just off his body and his stance. Guy is a monster, well-proportioned and can bend a bit. I don’t see a bad athlete, just someone who needs coaching.

There is a reason why his OVs have been Georgia and Auburn. He is a war daddy.

Didnt mention him but his frame and proportions are elite. Not much bad weight at all.

If he can be coached to get down that pad level a bit he will be an all.conference ol because his size is so big guys are going to have a tough time with him.

Advertisement
Tawfiq and Atkinson were not impressive on the DL. Mario Eugenia looked much better.

At OT, I was impressed with TJ Shanahan. . Tough and relentles

Tawfiq Thomas just thinks he is Warren Sapp or something.
Hes 350 pounds and trying spins, twirls and everything else. He could've worked half a man with a bull and won every rep. Hes better than he showed here..just was being to cute for my liking.

Beau Atkinson got worked. Clear upgrade of talent from what he faces in Raleigh that he wasnt ready for.

Mario Eugenio is just textbook in this type of setting. He is real technical with his hands. He obviously is coached up real well. He reminds me of former underrated Camden nj goon Jamall Green that played De here. I'm obviously a fan of Eugenio

Tj shanahannis on a 5 star trajectory for next class

Advertisement
Usually the DL dominate this type of event but they were worked pretty good. Not sure if the OL were that good or DL were that bad.

Eugenio looked good as usual, he needs a second pass rushing move because if he can't beat with speed, he is not doing anything. I still would take him as the 3rd DE in this class.

The lineman that impressed me were Collin Sadler, TJ Shanahan, Cayden Green and Bradyn Joiner. Too bad none of these guys are coming here.

I don't know. I didn't like what I saw that much. Eugenio was small to me. I trust you Geta, but wasn't impressed.

Advertisement
Two guys I'm high on looked good here and every time I see them.

Trent Ramsay the OL

And Mario Eugenio. With Beau Atkinson off the market I would like to full press Eugenio along with the local De's ...his talents are obvious.

@DMoney @HighSeas @Ethnicsands
Spot on sir, Mario Eugenio this kid dam near won every dam rep. Hes got a real nice first step and hes beating all them dudes to the corner, but he also had some real nice moves cutting under when the OT thought he was going to speed rush him to the out side. Also thought the Ramsay kid really showed some toughness and he won a majority of his battles.

Yep.

He isnt on the level of the guys we hare after. In a normal class we would be on him more.

agree. Really liked Eugenio. The only nit I have is that he just gave up once his first move didn’t work. Rather than counter, he just stopped. But, I still really liked his active hands and quickness.

man, I really wish we had a chance at shanahan - kid is a straight bully.

Atkinson didn’t really impress me and he’s a tweener.

hood is a monster.

Advertisement
Some players had good performances

Go Canes

RyQueze McElderry....

download (3).jpg

Advertisement
Back