2021 DT Maason Smith receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Maason-Smith-120988/RecruitInterests/

6'5 300lbs 4-star DT from Houma Louisiana, goes to 5A school Terrebonne (same school as 2020 WR Ja'khi Douglas)

Big strong kid with NFL upside, had 59tcks 12TFL's & 2 sacks his Sophomore year. Had a good 4.69 shuttle, is an absolute 2-gap lineman & is scheme versatile being a fit in both 3-4 as a NT or in 4-3 as a traditional DT.

Holds offers from LSU, Bama, Auburn, Oklahoma, TAMU, UF, Tenn, Miss St & Penn St.

Advertisement
1578343332082.png

Advertisement
Just looked at his offer list , there ain't no way he wants to come here with all those BAG teams , I'm pretty sure he's trying to get the auction warmed up.
You would think the top BAG teams would be wise to it by now and not bid so early , we will see.

Advertisement
Need to get back to competing for championships to go after the top DTs out of state.

We did get Pat Riley from St. Augstine HS in New Orleans during the Erickson years and he was a top 5 DT or so in the country the year we got him - may have been the top DT, but I didn't follow recruiting as closely back then (and there wasn't much info like there is now).

Unless there is a situation we are unaware of, our coaching staff suffers from situational awareness.

I know, but the kid put us in his top 4 lol.

Smith indicated that right now, LSU, Georgia, Miami and Alabama have positioned themselves well to receive official visits this fall whenever the dead period is lifted.

"Those four are the teams that have stuck out the most to me so far and are recruiting me the hardest," Smith said. "I'm trying to figure out the fifth. It depends ... some of the schools I haven't been to, so I'll see how I like it or the feel for it whenever I'm there."

ON MIAMI
"It's beautiful down there. Talking to Coach (Blake) Baker and Coach (Todd) Stroud and Coach (Manny) Diaz. We talk over the phone all the time. The relationship is definitely there. The last time I went there I had so much fun. It's a really good place to be at. South Beach is right there. So is Miami, but Miami is in Coral Gables, so it's close to all the fun."

0% chance is probably being generous and I’m honestly surprised that we are even still recruiting him.

Advertisement

Smith indicated that right now, LSU, Georgia, Miami and Alabama have positioned themselves well to receive official visits this fall whenever the dead period is lifted.

"Those four are the teams that have stuck out the most to me so far and are recruiting me the hardest," Smith said. "I'm trying to figure out the fifth. It depends ... some of the schools I haven't been to, so I'll see how I like it or the feel for it whenever I'm there."

ON MIAMI
"It's beautiful down there. Talking to Coach (Blake) Baker and Coach (Todd) Stroud and Coach (Manny) Diaz. We talk over the phone all the time. The relationship is definitely there. The last time I went there I had so much fun. It's a really good place to be at. South Beach is right there. So is Miami, but Miami is in Coral Gables, so it's close to all the fun."

0% chance is probably being generous and I’m honestly surprised that we are even still recruiting him.
Sounds like a free trip based on the fact that he said how fun it is three times in two sentences... but hope that’s not the case.

ON MIAMI

So nothing to do with football...

ON MIAMI

Sounds like a kid that really likes going to South Beach for vacay lol.

Advertisement

ON MIAMI

When did he say the above?

This kid is supposedly the best DT from Louisiana since Glenn Dorsey.

I have 99.9% faith we won't get him, the 0.1 chance is our location & the turnover chain lol

Manny capitalized on the portal right away. Hopefully be has something up his sleeve with the NIL.

Advertisement
Back