Official 2021 DL Darrell Jackson - COMMITS

Gabby right now after finally throwing out a crystal ball

Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU
Gaby trying to land this plane
Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

Advertisement
And kids from small southern towns will love being in small northern towns known for their cold weather and deep snow.

Don't forget about the Autumn leaves. College kids just can't say no to those Autumn leaves.
College football is in real trouble if the University of New Hampshire Wildcats ever get serious about football.

Not necessarily...

All he has to do is be thorough.

If he doesn’t know, all he has to say is, “I don’t know”; if he does know, all he has to do is explain what he knows.
(if he can’t explain what he knows because he was asked not to, just say, “I’ve been asked not to give detail on this”)
It’s very simple; his audience aren’t children, he doesn’t have to write for them as if they are & I say that having full understanding how incredibly insane & difficult Canes fans in general are...

If he decides to put in a CB he should explain his reasoning as to why, just say, “I’m logging in a CB based on the info I’ve received from a source”, but if he’s just guessing he can very easily say, “I have no specific intel, just my guess but I believe such & such is happening”.

It’s easy for him to qualify why he is or isn’t doing something, the reason why he finds himself in lose lose situations is because he puts himself in lose lose situations. He makes his job much harder than it actually has to be.

All he has to do is be clear & concise, no one is asking him to be a mind reader or a soothsayer.
He does say some of the examples u gave and people still clown him lol

Advertisement
Unless he spoke with someone directly on staff & they told him, “we got him”, he didn’t need to log in a CB.

I’m not saying it’s his fault if we don’t get him, but putting in a CB was premature & unnecessary.

If he logged in a CB just off a random & vague tweet from Pop Cooney, that’s pretty **** dumb tbh lol
on the contrary these guys don't only put crystal balls in when they know something for a fact. many times they are drawing inferences from the intel they have. people want them to make these assessments/inferences/predictions. he doesn't have to know for a fact we are getting the kid before he logs a crystal ball. absent actual factual information I for one want to continue to see crystal balls based on speculation or inferences. that's all part of following recruiting.

Last edited:
I mean he literally said he logged it because of how confident his sources felt after the visit. I don’t know what more people want him to say lol he didn’t say I logged it because I have a good feeling.

He literally did his job on this one. Sources tell Gaby we feel confident we’re going to land him. Gaby puts in a crystal ball. I’m not understanding where you’re coming from here.
Gaby‘s info was right , he just rushed It and was a tad reckless. There was still things that needed worked out. If he had more info he would’ve held off. This Portal / Nil stuff is too crazy and unpredictable. He’s still learning but as of right now he’s looking safe.

Advertisement
NIL is probably primary factor here, but I think Mario as a proven P5 coach is a big deal, too. The transfer destinations we are competing against--outside of USC for Messidor--don't have that. Sark at Texas...unproven and past failure. Norvell--demonstrative twerp with a worse record than Willy T. Bayou Billy--hasn't won squat yet at the highest level.

Gotta think dudes like Jackson understand and feel this.

Come on down, big fella. We need ya.

Advertisement
Don't forget about the Autumn leaves. College kids just can't say no to those Autumn leaves.
College football is in real trouble if the University of New Hampshire Wildcats ever get serious about football.
Chip Kelly was at UNH…. At least I think he was up in Durham.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back