Official 2021 DL Darrell Jackson - COMMITS

Are you assuming that we are not already doing that?

I have no clue. There is ZERO reason for any kid to pick Gainesville over Miami. We have better coaching, better NIL, Coral Gables is a far better place to live, Miami’s campus is nicer and the school is private, and the NFL exposure is much higher.

So I figure if if we lose a recruit we want to the Gators, we just didn’t communicate that fact to him well enough.

Advertisement
Lol crystal balls don’t mean **** in recruiting. Gaby making a prediction holds no weight on this decision. The staff put out the bat signal but No one should be overly confident about pulling panhandle Florida kids to Miami. If we get him awesome but it’s best to have 0 expectations with a kid who grew up 20 minutes from Tallahassee. Probably had warchant playing in his crib lmao
Yes I realize that friend. Was directed at LCE and was tongue in cheek. Thanks for the tip though.

I have no clue. There is ZERO reason for any kid to pick Gainesville over Miami. We have better coaching, better NIL, Coral Gables is a far better place to live, Miami’s campus is nicer and the school is private, and the NFL exposure is much higher.

So I figure if if we lose a recruit we want to the Gators, we just didn’t communicate that fact to him well enough.
Ooooor, maybe something else factors in. Location, culture, relationships, conference, etc. Stop assuming that when we don't get a kid it's because we f'd up. By all accounts we have done nothing but impress every single recruit since Mario stepped foot on campus; effort and preparation aren't going to be the reason someone goes elsewhere. Sometimes kids may just want something else and there is not anything that anyone can do to change their mind.

If Jackson comes here, great. But, chasing the small town kids always seems like a waste of time.

Deejay Dallas was a small town kid. Allen Bailey was a small town kid. I could list 100 examples. People really have to stop painting recruiting with the same brush. Every kid is different. Every situation is different. Every single one.

Advertisement
Deejay Dallas was a small town kid. Allen Bailey was a small town kid. I could list 100 examples. People really have to stop painting recruiting with the same brush. Every kid is different. Every situation is different. Every single one.

You are right but you also point out the exception to the rule. For the most part, getting small town kids to come, especially if they are highly rated, is challenging. They have not been as much as you think.

You are right but you also point out the exception to the rule. For the most part, getting small town kids to come, especially if they are highly rated. They have not been as much as you think.,

His comment was “chasing small town kids always seems like a waste of time.” No. It’s not. You recruit every kid who you feel can improve your football team. We got kids on the team from ******* Australia. Every kid is different. Every kid’s priorities are unique. People can’t grasp that around here, and we’ve been following this stuff intensely for going on 2 decades now.

Hopefully im wrong but his likes and retweets are all gator stuff . But im sure ur a insider and already know were he is going lol .. i just hope we get players that wanna be canes and not just for ruiz money 💰
Really? Does it matter? So we get players that wanna be canes but can’t play? Amazing.

1650910459492.png

Advertisement
His comment was “chasing small town kids always seems like a waste of time.” No. It’s not. You recruit every kid who you feel can improve your football team. We got kids on the team from ******* Australia. Every kid is different. Every kid’s priorities are unique. People can’t grasp that around here, and we’ve been following this stuff intensely for going on 2 decades now.

Oh, I'm with you. I'm just pointing out that the likelihood of success has historically been very low - for a number of reasons. But of course, go after everyone. That's a great aspect about Mario - he casts such a wide net that he's really increasing his chances in landing these types of kids in the future.

I’m not yet 2 decades but close and the one thing I learned is to settle the *** down about everything until they sign on signing day or in the case of a transfer enroll in classes. No one kid makes or breaks anything. They often times lack a good support system. They frequently change their minds. Their priorities don’t always align with mine.

I enjoy college football much more now than I did when I was distraught losing Ermon Lane to FSU.

That Gaby is a twink, but not sure what him providing an update does to this situation. If Jackson was going to use UM for a pay raise at UF it was going to happen regardless, just all behind closed doors. Thats good business by Jackson. Dont hate the player hate the game

Advertisement
Our odds to pull N. FL kids will improve when we win. We already seen what a Big Time staff can do attracting top recruits. We gotta stop with this immediate gratification crap when all we have done is hired a new staff. We'll win and our recruiting fortunes will improve and in the Portal too.

I'm not sure we can get more wins on the field in late April. If Mario pulls that off then he already deserves a raise

I know these kids dont always make the most sound decisions, but man hes got to see with all these new additions by way of the portal that his addition would really solidify our defense.

I would also think hes got to take a look at this coaching staff and have to think thats got to weigh heavy on him. Our coaching staff really checks off all the boxes.

Advertisement

You're fast ascending as one of the worst posters on the site

Ooooor, maybe something else factors in. Location, culture, relationships, conference, etc. Stop assuming that when we don't get a kid it's because we f'd up. By all accounts we have done nothing but impress every single recruit since Mario stepped foot on campus; effort and preparation aren't going to be the reason someone goes elsewhere. Sometimes kids may just want something else and there is not anything that anyone can do to change their mind.

What the **** is “by all accounts?”

The only account that matters is did the kid sign and enroll here, yes or no.

What the **** is “by all accounts?”

The only account that matters is did the kid sign and enroll here, yes or no.
You totally missed the point of my post. The accounts are all the interviews done by every single recruit, coach, and parent that has done nothing but rave about how professional, organized, and impressive our new staff is, that they leave no stone unturned. That's documented. Those are the accounts.

But we're going to miss on kids. Saban missed on kids. Kirby misses on kids. The ENTIRE point of my statement was that we won't miss on kids because of lack of preparation and not properly selling the program like the previous regimes did. You can have the best presentation on earth and present every conceivable advantage to coming to Miami, and a kid STILL signs elsewhere. That's not because we were unprepared, but just that sometimes kids aren't feeling Miami. Miami isn't for everyone. Alabama isn't for everyone. Ohio State isn't for everyone.

Stop blaming people—for things that haven't even happened yet—when you don't even know what is being pitched. You just assume that because a kid signs elsewhere that we did something wrong. These kids are not robots. They have emotions, passions, pressures, fears, insecurities, ignorance, and are easily swayed or don't think things through. Sometimes they make decisions that don't make sense to you and me—sometimes they're bad decisions, sometimes not—but that doesn't mean we didn't pull out all the stops.

Any summary or news on where things stand with the kid (Darrell Jackson, not Malik Rosier)? Thanks.

Advertisement
Back