Official 2021 DL Darrell Jackson - COMMITS

Advertisement
gainesville sells a different experience ... i true rock star environment and college town ... city wise wise it's improved it's infrastructure, but it has NO culture, NO diversity (outside of UF students), NO night life ... however football players are kings and the ratio of women to men is like 4:1
snow-bunny-swamp-rabbit.jpg

Coral Gables vs Gainesville hmm is definitely a different experience to sell.

Go Canes

Respectfully disagree. It will absolutely be tough to grab those kids, just like it always has been - but with that logic we should stop recruiting LeBlanc, McClain, Bryant etc.

Nothing stops Bama, UGA, Ohio St, etc. From stepping into anyone’s backyard for recruits - why should we? That’s the new standard.
You never stop recruiting the best talent regardless of where it’s at. But I posted on the Cormani thread that just because Mario is here we got this great staff, these north fla kids still grow up as fans of those schools and the south Florida kids still grow up wanting to go to the front runners and not Miami. Our perception of what this program is isn’t the same as a 16 year old kid from north Florida or even south Florida.

There is a lot of of ground that Mario has to gain when it come to what this generation thinks about Miami. Mario has been here several months and we aren’t all of the sudden going to be favorites for dudes from up there.

Now don’t get me wrong, what he’s done so far is downright incredible. But there is still a lot of ground to make up.
Imo Mario has to recruit more like Howard than Butch. Easier to land a dude like Shemar then trying to sway a kid like a Jackson.

It’s already hard enough to recruit elite dudes close to campus so imagine how difficult it is to try to get some North Florida kids and some out-of-state kids. Not saying we’re gonna lose all of those battles, but again, our perception is way different. It’s amazing we’re even in play for these players from up there and oos. Once we start winning then the odds will tip in our favor dramatically.

Advertisement
Miami needs to start highlighting the NFL exposure angle more, especially to these transfers. This city is home to many NFL scouts, NFL trainers who work with NFL players in the offseason, and many agents.

That should be part of the pitch, IMO. Ypu can’t play pro ball in the country, son. Come here and get exposed to the league.

Just what I think.

Miami needs to start highlighting the NFL exposure angle more, especially to these transfers. This city is home to many NFL scouts, NFL trainers who work with NFL players in the offseason, and many agents.

That should be part of the pitch, IMO. Ypu can’t play pro ball in the country, son. Come here and get exposed to the league.

Just what I think.
Are you assuming that we are not already doing that?

Advertisement
Once again this is why I always drop posts like this when dealing with North Florida kids when Fsu / UF are involved. It’s a battle and is never easy. I’m not saying he’s gone I’m just saying.

View attachment 183481
Starting to get vibes of Pyburn Part II complete with the exact same warning from Cribby to not get too excited by us being in a strong position with a kid from up North. Hoping this isn't a sequel given @LeedsCane words of advice.

Starting to get vibes of Pyburn Part II complete with the exact same warning from Cribby to not get too excited by us being in a strong position with a kid from up North. Hoping this isn't a sequel given @LeedsCane words of advice.
Until he takes another visit i‘d calm my ****. Both sides are trying , UF wants another visit before he goes public and Miami wants him to shut it down and go public. At this point that’s the only card UF has to play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why do you all love this kid, Jackson is a completely different player.

It's really weird and likely just a combo of familiarity + UO connection.

Dorlus is a 3T and as a junior last season his stats were nearly identical to Taylor's as a TF (despite playing more snaps than Taylor). But I'd bet some of the same people calling for Dorlus as savior are casting doubt on Taylor. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Back