Official 2021 DL Darrell Jackson - COMMITS

Not looking to bash the kid but why is he being sought after so heavily? Is it based purely on his size? The 247 ratings weren’t that high and his stats were ok.

Again not looking to bash the kid, genuinely trying to understand why he’s so valuable.
A true freshman, playing DL, the fact that he has any stats is a good sign.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Forgot the most important part.

We gave a top 5 recruiter, Bama level bags. It's over for these suckers
l0ErLeqamV3UOARsA.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
When is this official?
Is he taking a second visit to UF before making his final decision? My understanding is he was initially CB'd to UF, then visited UM and has UM currently as his leader. No plans to visit FSU period ... but maybe another UF visit? No source for that ... just a comment somebody made. Would love him to shut it down and commit to UM.

Advertisement
One thing that has always stood out about Jackson is his upside.

Even in his original offer thread I made, I pointed out back then that Darrell was a kid who had a huge growth spurt from his Sophomore to Junior year, he went from 6’2/3 & just a little over 200lbs to 6’5 240 in one year. He was an under the radar kid for the most part, but he performed well on the camp circuit. He initially committed to Tennessee really early on in his recruitment but in the Summertime of that recruiting year (which was in 2020) he decommitted from Tenn & was highly interested in Miami.

Coach Stroud was the main one recruiting him because he always recruited North FL due to his history & backgroud with the region, but Stroud was super high on Darrell because he saw him as a big country strong kid who despite his size carried his weight very well & could move like DE even as an interior lineman.

He plays with good leverage & balance to go along with his natural strength at the point of attack & he has quick agile feet for a guy his size. He’s not just a typical fat NT that’s a run stuffer, he carries his 300 like it’s 240 & has a physical frame like Michael Brockers. He’s a DT that plays like a DE, he’s not a giant bowling ball of lard that will be tasked to just get in the way of the A-gap & take on 2 blockers, he has legit pass rushing skills & can be a 3-down lineman in this Defense.

He only played in 8 games last year as a TF & wasn’t a starter, but he played very well against VA Tech & Illinois. He’s not a 5th year Senior finished product, he’s a kid that made an impact as a TF at DL which is very hard to do, especially playing DT & did so in a Defensive scheme that wasn’t even beneficial to his skill set.

This would be a big time get if we can land him, I really hope we got this transfer 🙏🏽

One thing that has always stood out about Jackson is his upside.

Even in his original offer thread I made, I pointed out back then that Darrell was a kid who had a huge growth spurt from his Sophomore to Junior year, he went from 6’2/3 & just a little over 200lbs to 6’5 240 in one year. He was an under the radar kid for the most part, but he performed well on the camp circuit. He initially committed to Tennessee really early on in his recruitment but in the Summertime of that recruiting year (which was in 2020) he decommitted from Tenn & was highly interested in Miami.

Coach Stroud was the main one recruiting him because he always recruited North FL due to his history & backgroud with the region, but Stroud was super high on Darrell because he saw him as a big country strong kid who despite his size carried his weight very well & could move like DE even as an interior lineman.

He plays with good leverage & balance to go along with his natural strength at the point of attack & he has quick agile feet for a guy his size. He’s not just a typical fat NT that’s a run stuffer, he carries his 300 like it’s 240 & has a physical frame like Michael Brockers. He’s a DT that plays like a DE, he’s not a giant bowling ball of lard that will be tasked to just get in the way of the A-gap & take on 2 blockers, he has legit pass rushing skills & can be a 3-down lineman in this Defense.

He only played in 8 games last year as a TF & wasn’t a starter, but he played very well against VA Tech & Illinois. He’s not a 5th year Senior finished product, he’s a kid that made an impact as a TF at DL which is very hard to do, especially playing DT & did so in a Defensive scheme that wasn’t even beneficial to his skill set.

This would be a big time get if we can land him, I really hope we got this transfer 🙏🏽
Appreciate the info. Got me hype for this kid. Love the upside of these guys that are not 1 year rentals. Were building something!!!

Advertisement
Back