2021 DEs on Roster

Advertisement
Expect Elijah OR Blissett to work at End during spring.

Personally, I would like to see Elijah work on the strong side. He has a **** of a build and I don't think it's just exclusive to the 3 technique.

Advertisement
Maybe Blissett if he keeps struggling to put on weight but Elijah looks huge already.

I think it makes more sense for Blissett to go to End now,

I'm just envious of Iowa football always have 6 foot 6 defensive ends with weight on them. Elijah has the ability to stone wall one side of the line, while giving us something of a pass rush.

it also helps with the push we'll have inside with jhh and nesta ... i understand we gotta play games like bama to get back to where we want to be, but wish we had a game for our new guys to get their feet wet

Should we be worried about our pass rush next year? Phillips and Roche will be gone next year and that leaves us with a ton of inexperience. I would imagine Harvey, Chantz and Cam will be the 3 Guys? Do you think we need to hit up the Portal?
I'm very concerned. Last year, we came into the season knowing we had proven DE's in Rasueau and Phillips with Harvey on Deck. Then we picked up Roche which was a luxury. Well you know what happened from there. This year, no proven guy will be starting at DE. Young guys as starters and back ups. Not feeling to confident going up against the likes of Alabama the first game of the year. We have like 4 DEs coming back all frosh, soph, and Harvey with two new guys coming on deck. We really need to get 1 bonafide DE from the portal.

Advertisement
Keion White from Old Dominion is a name in the portal to look for. He was on the Bednarik watch list before the season started but they decided not to play this year. He had 19 tackles for a loss and 3.5 sacks, he only moved to DE last year after playing TE. 6'4 267lb and a Sophmore.

I think it makes more sense for Blissett to go to End now,

I'm just envious of Iowa football always have 6 foot 6 defensive ends with weight on them. Elijah has the ability to stone wall one side of the line, while giving us something of a pass rush.
Your envious of Iowa and we are about to have the most DE'S drafted and in the league?. sheesh.

But if one can play end ill go with Elijah over Blissett. Blisett has looked very active at the 3. I think Elijah can be a nice strong side end

Advertisement
Jaelan Phillips is 1,000% going to the draft.

& Maason Smith not coming.

probably true.

BUT ... he should take a breath. I'm not sure an early entry that's had a history of injuries, and basically put together (not even) one season of strong work, is going to go as high in the draft as people are speculating. Maybe. But it's not a given.

He's the kind of kid that if he comes back, plays himself into a top 10 pick, easy. Maybe top 5 given who else is out there.

So if I'm him, and the projection doesn't have me sniffing the top half of of the first round, then I might call Lloyd's of London, get the injury insurance policy, and sign up for another year.

Your envious of Iowa and we are about to have the most DE'S drafted and in the league?. sheesh.

But if one can play end ill go with Elijah over Blissett. Blisett has looked very active at the 3. I think Elijah can be a nice strong side end

Oh I'm thankful. We got ballers now, i should have ceded that.

Personally, I just like the profile of a big end that can slide inside of obvious passing downs. Rousseau and Phillips have both done that at the college level. You're right, I do have a lot to be thankful for.

Advertisement
Oh I'm thankful. We got ballers now, i should have ceded that.

Personally, I just like the profile of a big end that can slide inside of obvious passing downs. Rousseau and Phillips have both done that at the college level. You're right, I do have a lot to be thankful for.

Hey i like those types as well. Im glad they are recruiting dt's mostly in that range..Guys are like 265-285 range coming in. Started with RJ Mcintosh who was an end as well.
The old dominion kid in the portal seems like a fit at DE.

I was screaming it for years...focus on elite dl with motors...even more so over the skill guys..because honestly you can trip over skill guys here in south florida that can win in the acc. Every year we need to be fighting for big dogs on the OL and DL....nationally.

We are gonna luck up at DE next class...South Fla is LOADED.

Is that your way of saying, we have our guy just waiting for the show to drop.

probably true.

BUT ... he should take a breath. I'm not sure an early entry that's had a history of injuries, and basically put together (not even) one season of strong work, is going to go as high in the draft as people are speculating. Maybe. But it's not a given.

He's the kind of kid that if he comes back, plays himself into a top 10 pick, easy. Maybe top 5 given who else is out there.

So if I'm him, and the projection doesn't have me sniffing the top half of of the first round, then I might call Lloyd's of London, get the injury insurance policy, and sign up for another year.
His projection is 1st round right now, he could possibly go Top 15 as well. Dude was done with football after several injuries just two years ago and now he's a 1st round pick... He would be dumb to not enter the draft in my opinion.

Harvey and Cam Williams with one more off season under their belts are going to cause havoc

Advertisement
Back