2021 DEs on Roster

Mackmiller974

All ACC
Should we be worried about our pass rush next year? Phillips and Roche will be gone next year and that leaves us with a ton of inexperience. I would imagine Harvey, Chantz and Cam will be the 3 Guys? Do you think we need to hit up the Portal?

Advertisement
I bet Blissett slides to DE. Roberts can play DE if needed. I’m sure we dip into the portal

I don't think they're going to do anything to jeopardize DE spots for the 22 class, so maybe a GT

So we have 6 DE's (Phillips, Roche, Cam Williams, Harvey, Chantz Williams, and Joyner) and 8 DT's (Nesta, Ford, Miller, JHH, Holley, Q. Williams, Blissett, and Roberts). I'd assume Roche, maybe Phillips, and Ford are gone next year. Could see a transfer from a guy like Joyner.

Thomas Davis, Ishmael, and I'd assume a portal DE will be the additions next year so 7 DE's and then add Taylor, Haye, and hopefully Smith and we will have 10 DT's next year. Does Blissett move back to DE and does Haye get dropped if Smith comes?

It's a legit concern. Cam, Chantz and Harvey are the 1-3. My guess is that Manny will go after a portal guy. Harvey and Cam have shown flashes, but not sure they are 1A material...just yet. This is one spot where portal can come in handy.

Advertisement
So we have 6 DE's (Phillips, Roche, Cam Williams, Harvey, Chantz Williams, and Joyner) and 8 DT's (Nesta, Ford, Miller, JHH, Holley, Q. Williams, Blissett, and Roberts). I'd assume Roche, maybe Phillips, and Ford are gone next year. Could see a transfer from a guy like Joyner.

Thomas Davis, Ishmael, and I'd assume a portal DE will be the additions next year so 7 DE's and then add Taylor, Haye, and hopefully Smith and we will have 10 DT's next year. Does Blissett move back to DE and does Haye get dropped if Smith comes?
Jaelan Phillips is 1,000% going to the draft.

& Maason Smith not coming.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Should we be worried about our pass rush next year? Phillips and Roche will be gone next year and that leaves us with a ton of inexperience. I would imagine Harvey, Chantz and Cam will be the 3 Guys? Do you think we need to hit up the Portal?
I don't think rushing the passer will be an issue with these Des. Setting the edge or playing the run at them may be. The portal wouldn't hurt

Advertisement
We will absolutely get a DE from the Portal next year.

If BJ Ojulari from LSU decides to enter the portal like he's been recently rumored to be, then he'll be a name to keep tabs on.

Jamari Stewart is a kid we recruited coming out of West Centennial who signed with Miss St but as already entered the portal, he wouldn't fit the mold of the experienced vet pass rusher we usually take, but he's talent, although I doubt we would take a developmental kid at DE out the Portal.

Durrell Johnson from Liberty could be a potential name to lookout for, he hasn't entered into the Portal yet, but he's a BMore kid that could want to increase his draft stock after having a good Junior season & would play in the same role as Roche.

Also, don't sleep on Jahfari Harvey, people seem to forget that everyone was in panic mode after Chad Thomas, DJax & Trent Haris left, then Joe Jackson & Garvin stepped up, then there were huge questions marks about Trevon Hill, Garvin & an unproven Rousseau until he had 15 sacks after coming back from an ACL tear his TF season. Even coming into this season there was questions about how we would survive without Rousseau & Phillips before the season had questions too because he hadn't played in 2 years & needed physical rebuilding.

Most Canes fans natural stasis is panic & worry about who will replace who the following year lol. People will write off Harvey completely overlooking that he wasn't a starter this year & will worry all offseason about DE until he balls out just like all the other "unknown" guys did once they finally became full time starters.

Jahfari Harvey & Cam Williams will be developed & play really well,I guarantee it. This Defensive system creates productive pass rushers.

Advertisement
Back