2021 DE Darrell Jackson receives offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Not sure if serious? lol..

You guys be expecting big production from freshman, not even a a 4 star and what do you want exactly, gusy have to develop.. Sometimes that takes time.. Dont even know this guys situation but I wouldnt even care of his freshman production
What are you not sure about?

I was genuinely asking a question as to why he was interested.

I never said he sucked. I dont know anything about him.

3 star that had zero sacks as a frosh. Geniune question, why? What has he shown?

Is it the size alone that intrigues you?

Personally I don’t care about the star rating or his lack of sack production. We need grown men inside to help stop the run. He is a run defender, not a pass rusher. We have enough of those and then we get bludgeoned every time we face a physical rushing offense.

I see a true freshman that played in 13 games at DT that had a 60 grade for run defense, which again, for a true freshman is good IMO. That on top of the fact that we are extremely thin there (have touched on this plenty), this kid has several years to play, and physically has tools that could really turn him into something special under our DL coaching = take. The upside there is tremendous.
With the current staff in place, you can afford to take guys like this. These guys (Steele, Strong, Big Joe, R. Wright, Stroud, JT, and etc.) will maximize his potential.

And he unlike Moultrie,Lichtestein,Mesidor and even Elijah Roberts is not a tweener we're hoping can hold up and help us inside.This is a 6-5,6-6 300 lb DT that is still lean and can still add another 15-20 lbs of muscle and be a real force for us in the middle.
Not so lean anymore but can get bigger with that 6'6 frame.
FI3--YtXoAo7Fim

Not so lean anymore but can get bigger with that 6'6 frame.
FI3--YtXoAo7Fim
Remember reading he was around 6-2 225 heading to his SR season and then hit a growth spurt and was 6-6 260 when we were recruiting him.Added another 40 lbs like Zion did for us,so we know he's a hard worker.Maryland fans are hurting now as they've lost most of their top young studs in T2,Jennings and Robinson and they feel Jackson might have been the best of the bunch.

Advertisement
Remember reading he was around 6-2 225 heading to his SR season and then hit a growth spurt and was 6-6 260 when we were recruiting him.Added another 40 lbs like Zion did for us,so we know he's a hard worker.Maryland fans are hurting now as they've lost most of their top young studs in T2,Jennings and Robinson and they feel Jackson might have been the best of the bunch.

Something is wrong up there. Locksley can croot but if he can’t keep them past their freshman year he ain’t gonna be there long

Hopefully Hyppolite hits the portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I like big country boys, but we got better prospects possible. If he was 275lbs+ then we could easily get him to a 295lbs DT. One of the innate traits of Elite Coaches is the ability to recognize a special talent. You have to realize their are only limited amount of 5*-4*DT's. Not all of them will pan out anyway. That's why it's so necessary to have a coach/staff member that can recognize that hidden gem. More of them out there than the total number of 5* prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back