2021 DB Omarion Cooper

Advertisement
EPAmiP1WAAEceOv

Arms for days

One of the worst coaches teams in SWFL. Team always a lot of talent, yet consistently underachieves (same school as PBuch).

Omarian is a good player that will only get better in college. Needs an offer

Advertisement
@Official Cane Gang !!!

Keep killin'em familia!

Once this Covid-19 shutdown is over & we're allowed to reopen on/off campus recruiting again, I hope we get this kid on campus & start putting the full court press on him & Dawson.

This kid is really a nice high upside talent at CB, he's got a 76inch wingspan & uses that crazy arm length to his advantage to gain inside leverage & staying in phase through the route. Kid is straight dawg with good technique.

He's a FSU lean right now, but I think with a good season & if we recruit him hard enough we can get him.

@Official Cane Gang !!!

Keep killin'em familia!

Once this Covid-19 shutdown is over & we're allowed to reopen on/off campus recruiting again, I hope we get this kid on campus & start putting the full court press on him & Dawson.

This kid is really a nice high upside talent at CB, he's got a 76inch wingspan & uses that crazy arm length to his advantage to gain inside leverage & staying in phase through the route. Kid is straight dawg with good technique.

He's a FSU lean right now, but I think with a good season & if we recruit him hard enough we can get him.
I love kids who are technically sound at the high school level, combine that with the wingspan and you have a priority prospect. I feel good about our chances beating FSU in a recruiting battle, especially if we get Dawson to come aboard first.

@Official Cane Gang !!!

Keep killin'em familia!

What would be your order for the cb’s we r recruiting?

Advertisement
I love kids who are technically sound at the high school level, combine that with the wingspan and you have a priority prospect. I feel good about our chances beating FSU in a recruiting battle, especially if we get Dawson to come aboard first.
Miami recruiting CBS smartly wow this virus is life changing. Lol but hopefully going after teammates pays off

@Official Cane Gang !!!

Keep killin'em familia!

He did an interview last summer where he compared UM to FSU an sounds like he is gift wrapped to FSU courtesy of HS head coach and Deon Sanders. But as you mentioned it's still worth shooting our shot in recruiting.

Go Canes

Lehigh Acres (Fla.) Lehigh High School DB Omarion Cooper picked up a Miami Hurricanes scholarship offer Tuesday evening.

“I called coach (Jonathan) Patke,” Cooper said. “It was about 8 p.m. We got on a chill topic, just talking about everything that’s going on with the virus. We got on a topic about me, how long they’ve been recruiting me, how much they like my film and how he’s been fighting for me to get an offer for the longest. He said they had a little online meeting, chat on video with the coaches, so him, coach (Ephraim) Banda and coach (Mike) Rumph, they talked it over and said they’re offering me because they really like my film.”

Cooper is now up to 25 offers.

His interest level in UM?

“I am interested, “he said. “Me watching how they develop their corners like (Sheldrick) Redwine and Michael Jackson, etc., it’s a style of play I like, a lot of man. I feel it won’t be hard for me to fit in there.”

Cooper says he’s already visited Miami five times, starting with a camp his freshman year.

“It’s a blessing to get the offer- they’d been in touch with me before this for a very long time,” Cooper said.

Cooper says he’s not listing any favorites. “Everything is wide open right now,” he said.

His other offers include the likes of Florida, FSU, South Carolina, Michigan, Penn State and North Carolina.

Advertisement
This **** not hard... as of right now the priorities for the last CB should be Brown, Cooper, and Green. If you know what the **** your are doing you get at least 1 and if your actually good at what you are doing you get 2 out 3. I dont know if it is Manny and The DC, like some people say, but something needs to change.

Advertisement
This **** not hard... as of right now the priorities for the last CB should be Brown, Cooper, and Green. If you know what the **** your are doing you get at least 1 and if your actually good at what you are doing you get 2 out 3. I dont know if it is Manny and The DC, like some people say, but something needs to change.
And THIS is why Rumph gets hate. No one is expecting him to get 5-stars/top 100 CB prospects.

Just get the low 4-stars and the 3-stars that project well and/or have high athletic upside but he can’t even do that. The amount of quality DB prospects we’ve missed out on is painful.

With cooper essentially off the board. I hope miami turns the heat up on nyland green, markevious brown, and then to cover themselves even more start going after Nathaniel wiggins

Last edited:
It seems like we offered this kid very late. Who’s fault is that? Do we know if Rumph wanted him earlier or is it just a complete cluster there as usual?
JMO if you have to baby sit your CB coach then go hire a new CB coach. Bump Van dyke up or hire an up and comer like Jeff Burris from Louisiana Tech. Guy just put 2 CBs in the draft. Even Fran Brown is an improvement. He doesn’t have to be married to Rumph.

Advertisement
Back