2021 CB Jordan Oladokun

He’s better than any cb we’ve signed the last 4 years. He would come here...our dumb *** DB coaches told him that he needed more speed. I was blown away by the BS.

Rump has to go. He is a liability just like our entire Offense last year. We need to continue to upgrade and Rump is the next step. If Tee says the kid is "better than any CB we've signed in the last 4 years" then let's get Banda up there to close the deal.

Advertisement
Rump has to go. He is a liability just like our entire Offense last year. We need to continue to upgrade and Rump is the next step. If Tee says the kid is "better than any CB we've signed in the last 4 years" then let's get Banda up there to close the deal.
Banda is one of our db coaches

I am going to guess that the 8 Iowa players that are suing never played. If it was 8 starters then you would see bigger headlines.

Iowa has put out some professional DB's. It is a strong school that sets up their former players for life.
It made ESPN headlines

Advertisement
see thats what i like to hear. Mario Williams can play. I want to know what you do against the big dogs...not in shirts and shorts against kid that play fortnite and are gonna work at chic fil a after graduation.

Can you say what his comparison is to the last Tampa cb we got out of Plant?.
Head & shoulders better than Antonio Crawford..two different worlds of athletes. Kid had to play QB bc the starter was out..completed 14/21, 200 plus yards & still played db all game. A real high level baller.

Advertisement
Tee, seriously, does Miami, if they get their act together, have a shot with the kid? Rumph is such a liability at this point, SHEESH
Look, Rumph has his issues. If he needs to be shielded from CB recruits, that is an issue alone. But if you don’t think Manny and Baker are equally, if not more, culpable then I don’t know what to tell you. It is a complete systemic failure.

Look, Rumph has his issues. If he needs to be shielded from CB recruits, that is an issue alone. But if you don’t think Manny and Baker are equally, if not more, culpable then I don’t know what to tell you. It is a complete systemic failure.
Not saying Manny is not part of the failure, but history has shown guys simply are not buying into what he is teaching/selling. Everyone always wants to point at the top and ignore the obvious....We somehow are able to recruit decently at EVERY position but CB....do you think thats merely coincidental?

Advertisement
Not saying Manny is not part of the failure, but history has shown guys simply are not buying into what he is teaching/selling. Everyone always wants to point at the top and ignore the obvious....We somehow are able to recruit decently at EVERY position but CB....do you think thats merely coincidental?
I think LB has been a weak point as well. To be clear, I think Rumph is not working and they need to move on. The CBs are not performing and it is clear he is not cutting it on the recruiting end and/or they don't trust him to run his board. Whatever it is, this is not sustainable. However, I also think Baker and Patke 100% need to go, and Manny needs to bring in a true outside voice who can challenge him and see things differently.

I think LB has been a weak point as well. To be clear, I think Rumph is not working and they need to move on. The CBs are not performing and it is clear he is not cutting it on the recruiting end and/or they don't trust him to run his board. Whatever it is, this is not sustainable. However, I also think Baker and Patke 100% need to go, and Manny needs to bring in a true outside voice who can challenge him and see things differently.
Not saying Patke and Baker aren't issues but we signed 2 promising LB'ers last year and have two more committed this year. We're cleaning up along the defensive line and at safety. CB recruiting is the clear outlier.

Not saying Patke and Baker aren't issues but we signed 2 promising LB'ers last year and have two more committed this year. We're cleaning up along the defensive line and at safety. CB recruiting is the clear outlier.
With LB, I am less concerned with the recruiting and more concerned with the development. I also do not like the defensive coaches overemphasizing experience. There is no reason under the sun to keep putting McCloud and Jennings out there to use their experience to run themselves out of plays, miss tackles, etc.

I like TAC and Flagg, and I think the guys this year can be good, but if we are comparing to S and DL, LB is still a step down from that level. It doesn't sound like it is going to happen, but we need a guy like T2 as a high-level prospect in the middle of the defense.

Advertisement

I know you are a good guy, but can we please stop on the "he needs to be shielded from CB recruits" nonsense?

Mike Rumph isn't walking into recruits' houses with his d!ck hanging out of his pants. He's not slobbering on recruits' moms and calling his CBs in the middle of the night for pillow talk. Rumph doesn't have overpowering body odor.

In the entire history of college football, there's been an abundance of coaches with crappy personalities. Let's not pretend that every recruit will turn around and run away just "because Rumph".

Now, if we need for Banda/Diaz to quietly tell recruits "hey, did you see who we hired on the O-side 10 months ago, we are going to perform some similar magic on the D-side", that's one thing.

And, let's not rule out the possibility that if we DO fire Rumph/hire someone else, that the "someone else" might be able to bring us a CB or two, based on pre-existing recruiting relationships.

Plus, 20% of all of college football players might be in the portal this year.

I know you are a good guy, but can we please stop on the "he needs to be shielded from CB recruits" nonsense?

Mike Rumph isn't walking into recruits' houses with his d!ck hanging out of his pants. He's not slobbering on recruits' moms and calling his CBs in the middle of the night for pillow talk. Rumph doesn't have overpowering body odor.

In the entire history of college football, there's been an abundance of coaches with crappy personalities. Let's not pretend that every recruit will turn around and run away just "because Rumph".

Now, if we need for Banda/Diaz to quietly tell recruits "hey, did you see who we hired on the O-side 10 months ago, we are going to perform some similar magic on the D-side", that's one thing.

And, let's not rule out the possibility that if we DO fire Rumph/hire someone else, that the "someone else" might be able to bring us a CB or two, based on pre-existing recruiting relationships.

Plus, 20% of all of college football players might be in the portal this year.
I am actually giving Rumph the benefit of the doubt in that. Some people are salesmen, some people are the numbers guys. It is fine if Rumph is the technical person and they successfully plan around it, but that is not happening.

Whether he is in charge of CB recruiting or they are having Banda/Patke/DVD take the lead is really irrelevant. We have a lack of numbers, talent, and development at the position. Looking at recruiting in a vacuum, either he is failing to get the results or they do not trust him to get those results, and neither is a good situation. Throwing the development side in, either he is teaching poor technique or the kids are tuning him out. Again, neither is a good situation. Sometimes qualified people are just not successful in certain companies or cultures and it is better for all parties to move to a better situation. In my opinion, I think that is the case with Rumph, as opposed to Baker and Patke who are not qualified to be here in the first place.

I am actually giving Rumph the benefit of the doubt in that. Some people are salesmen, some people are the numbers guys. It is fine if Rumph is the technical person and they successfully plan around it, but that is not happening.

Whether he is in charge of CB recruiting or they are having Banda/Patke/DVD take the lead is really irrelevant. We have a lack of numbers, talent, and development at the position. Looking at recruiting in a vacuum, either he is failing to get the results or they do not trust him to get those results, and neither is a good situation. Throwing the development side in, either he is teaching poor technique or the kids are tuning him out. Again, neither is a good situation. Sometimes qualified people are just not successful in certain companies or cultures and it is better for all parties to move to a better situation. In my opinion, I think that is the case with Rumph, as opposed to Baker and Patke who are not qualified to be here in the first place.

You are raising good points.

I would simply say this. I actually do think that Rumph teaches good technique (for the moment, setting aside the issue of "turn your head"), and I believe that many of the coverage problems have been more about the formations that Patke has called, rather than a deficit in teaching these kids how to cover WRs.

Having said that, I am fine if Rumph is fired, and I could accept it if Rumph is retained (assuming we sign a pair of good CBs and we get a better DC).

And, for the record, I wasn't criticizing you about the Rumph hate, it was more directed to the never-ending string of mopes.

Advertisement
Back