2021 ATH Jaden Alexis Offered

Advertisement
We definitely taking Tim Burns, under no circumstances will he be dropped.

Depending on what happens with Collins we could still have 4-5 spots left.

I don’t understand how people claim to follow recruiting, follow college football programs, be from SFL etc and think there’s a snowball’s chance in **** that a staff is gonna put all this work into a class, specifically at one school like the west and at the 11th hour drop a kid (in the middle of a pandemic where he can’t even visit other schools) when you’ve recruited the **** out of him and just as importantly ALL HIS BOYS for literally years. People really think the world is XBox, it’s so strange to me. Yes, it’s a business. But good lord have an ounce of perspective.

I like Curtis, especially his speed, I would take a good look Mclaughlin 1st.....

Mclaughlin? Really? As desperate as we are for tackles and one that has a ton of potential and fits the mold of what we're trying to recruit?

I'm trying to compile a list of uncommited players (or those committed elsewhere) that get in regardless of open slots (i.e. they figure out the room)

QB: Stone/Vandergriff/Milroe (1 of the 3 and as of now, there's nothing public that would indicate interest by any of them)
Tackle: Tate (I'd add Leigh here but he eliminated us. No evidence of interest by Tate as much as I'm hoping for it to happen)
WR: Alexis(?)
DT: Smith and Sapp (both get in if they want)

Am I missing anyone?

Doesn’t look like the WR class down here is very strong for next year either. Alexis is my favorite receiver down here for this year, dude just very smooth. He’s definitely a take for this year for sure.
This is a really good point.

The 2022 class at WR in South FL is weaker than usual crop, depending on how many WR's we want in that class I suspect we'll be going OOS to TX at WR next year or going after kids up north like Kareem Burke from Jacksonville or Speedster Erriyon Knighton from Tampa.

There's also Jalil Tucker from San Diego he went to Lincoln & his former teammates with Keyshawn Smith, he has us in his early top 3 but he may actually be being recruited as a DB though.

Syveion Ellis is a big WR at Edison (originally from Georgia) he has real interest in us, but I think his upside is best at TE rather than being a full time WR. Zaylan Reese at MNW is a good WR as well & could be a kid we offer for the 22 class.

But in comparison to the 21 class South FL's 22 WR group just doesn't stack up. Texas & Louisiana is deep AF at WR for 22. South FL is deep at DE, Safety, LB & has good group of RB's too.

Advertisement
Nobody in this class is getting dropped except maybe Collins. So just stop already. Curtis is a KEY piece. ***** & moan about return men not doing anything then you grab an electric one & want to drop him. Idc if he plays a down at corner.

We don't randomly drop kids. If they start looking, or want to play a different position, we may exploit a crack in the conversation, but we are loyal to kids who are loyal to us. And thank god.

Nobody in this class is getting dropped except maybe Collins. So just stop already. Curtis is a KEY piece. ***** & moan about return men not doing anything then you grab an electric one & want to drop him. Idc if he plays a down at corner.
I think Collins is grades. No info, just makes sense. I don’t see us dropping anybody else

This is a really good point.

The 2022 class at WR in South FL is weaker than usual crop, depending on how many WR's we want in that class I suspect we'll be going OOS to TX at WR next year or going after kids up north like Kareem Burke from Jacksonville or Speedster Erriyon Knighton from Tampa.

There's also Jalil Tucker from San Diego he went to Lincoln & his former teammates with Keyshawn Smith, he has us in his early top 3 but he may actually be being recruited as a DB though.

Syveion Ellis is a big WR at Edison (originally from Georgia) he has real interest in us, but I think his upside is best at TE rather than being a full time WR. Zaylan Reese at MNW is a good WR as well & could be a kid we offer for the 22 class.

But in comparison to the 21 class South FL's 22 WR group just doesn't stack up. Texas & Louisiana is deep AF at WR for 22. South FL is deep at DE, Safety, LB & has good group of RB's too.

It’s weird, maybe one pops up but I dont think I’ve seen this weak if WR class down here before. Luckily, Likens and Lashlee have connections outside of South Florida to make some in roads elsewhere and snag one .

Advertisement
I don’t understand how people claim to follow recruiting, follow college football programs, be from SFL etc and think there’s a snowball’s chance in **** that a staff is gonna put all this work into a class, specifically at one school like the west and at the 11th hour drop a kid (in the middle of a pandemic where he can’t even visit other schools) when you’ve recruited the **** out of him and just as importantly ALL HIS BOYS for literally years. People really think the world is XBox, it’s so strange to me. Yes, it’s a business. But good lord have an ounce of perspective.
And he’s a good player!

We definitely taking Tim Burns, under no circumstances will he be dropped.

Depending on what happens with Collins we could still have 4-5 spots left.
You high on Tim burns like that or is it the MNW/legacy connections? If a kid like brown wants in at CB someone gotta get the pink slip🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
So @gogeta4 and @Liberty City El have different views here. LCE's views seem to be based strictly on talent whereas gogeta is based on pipeline and protecting Dade for an elite receiver. There's no wrong answer to this hypothetical but after thinking about @DMoney top 10 breakdown where Alexis was #4 and LCE's pounding the table on Alexis upside, my gut tells me he's the superior recruit (ignoring the stars).

yup u got it.

Its at the point now where are elite wrs seem to think they HAVE to go to Bama to get to the league. I would like to box them out of that. But i love both kids as prospects. Think both are all conference wrs barring injury or hiccups

The growth from his Sophomore season is insane. Coached at Taravella 2 yrs ago and he was just another guy. We didn’t game plan for 15. Now, he’s a top 2 or 3 wideout in his class down here.

I think it says a lot (implicitly). Kids that are interested in the Canes are moving in their commitments to lock in spots before we're out. Alexis has us even with Rutgers. There's no fire burning to be a Cane right now. Could that change? Possibly but its looking like this ship has unfortunately sailed unless the NCAA decides to relax the 25 IC limit and limit only 85 scholarships.

Was hoping for Alexis and Yul to find a way in.

What?
Rutgers?! Wtf?!
I thought it was Texas?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back