2021 ATH Jaden Alexis Offered

Brooks all day, I’ll take both, drop someone else

Who are you dropping for Alexis? Hopefully you don't say Curtis LOL, that seems to be the default answer to make room, staff seems to differ.

Advertisement
I agree with LCE. Alexis’s upside is out of this world.

The fact that he’s already good and is a model student tells me has a great chance to meet that physical potential.
Alexis has Desean Jackson type world class speed & elite change of direction, he can cut on dime & runs smooth routes.

Brooks oddly enough doesn't really fit the profile of the typical South FL WR that Bama usually gets, he doesn't have Cooper, Ridley or Jeudy's speed, he's a big more physical possession WR type but has great hands & YAC ability.

Alexis in Lashlee's offense with Brashard, Romello & Jacolby George with the TE's is an insanely dangerous group that can score from anywhere on the field. That's the Chiefs offense right there.

If Lashlee & Likens pull off snatching Alexis from UT & sneaking him in this class, I will personally fly down to Austin & slap Herman 3 times...

Is Herman a poor recruiter? Why are locks spurning him and going out of state? Any rumblings of Milroe getting wobbly?

Not sure I'd put Alexis in the same category of miss as the twins since he isn't local or a legacy but from your comments, sounds like Herman should've been able to close this one out a while back.

Is Herman a poor recruiter? Why are locks spurning him and going out of state? Any rumblings of Milroe getting wobbly?

Not sure I'd put Alexis in the same category of miss as the twins since he isn't local or a legacy but from your comments, sounds like Herman should've been able to close this one out a while back.
No, he's actually a very good recruiter, but there's some rumblings that the upper brass amongst the boosters at UT are getting antsy with him & if he don't win the Big XII & make it to the playoffs his seat could start heating up.

Advertisement
I'm all for stacking talent but we'd have 9 freshmen and sophmore WR's on the roster. That almost guarantees transfers and wasted IC's in this day and age. Personally i'd rather have another OL where RS are actually needed and utilized.

You'd think were building a 7 on 7 team with all these safties, strikers, and wr's.

Last edited:
No, he's actually a very good recruiter, but there's some rumblings that the upper brass amongst the boosters at UT are getting antsy with him & if he don't win the Big XII & make it to the playoffs his seat could start heating up.
Could? His seat is already hot the way last year went down. Best believe that if he doesn’t capitalize on Ehlinger’s last year than he probably gone.

Advertisement
Could? His seat is already hot the way last year went down. Best believe that if he doesn’t capitalize on Ehlinger’s last year than he probably gone.

They'd fire him just for the embarrassment of Mack Brown reviving UNC.

I think it says a lot (implicitly). Kids that are interested in the Canes are moving in their commitments to lock in spots before we're out. Alexis has us even with Rutgers. There's no fire burning to be a Cane right now. Could that change? Possibly but its looking like this ship has unfortunately sailed unless the NCAA decides to relax the 25 IC limit and limit only 85 scholarships.

Was hoping for Alexis and Yul to find a way in.

Yeah I just meant that there is no new news. Pretty much status quo with him.

Alexis is the better prospect, in my opinion. Not disrespecting Brooks, but I agree with LCE. Alexis has future NFL star written all over him.

I think that many people are following stars on this one. If you watch both player’s film, it’s Alexis by a long shot.

Brooks is definitely more of a possession receiver, while Alexis is a lighting bolt that can change a game in a hurry.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm all for stacking talent but we'd have 9 freshmen and sophmore WR's on the roster. That almost guarantees transfers and wasted IC's in this day and age. Personally i'd rather have another OL where RS are actually needed and utilized.

You'd think were building a 7 on 7 team with all these safties, strikers, and wr's.
8 freshman and sophomores...tempo spread offense usually require you take 3-4 per year because you'll need fresh legs...same thing applies to DBs.

Take Alexis over Brooks? I say no, and I think most say no.... but I think this is the year where we don't wait until NSD, if Alexis wants in and Brooks reopens his recruitment but wants to wait, I say take Alexis and close WR recruiting.
Some, not most. Actually quite a few people would take Alexis over Brooks.

But Brooks is not a realistic option for Miam & he's not reopening his recruitment, he's going to Bama.

And go watch Alexis's film, he's not no slouch, his speed is uncanny & his route running is already college level.

Advertisement
Some, not most. Actually quite a few people would take Alexis over Brooks.

But Brooks is not a realistic option for Miam & he's not reopening his recruitment, he's going to Bama.

And go watch Alexis's film, he's not no slouch, his speed is uncanny & his route running is already college level.
Thoughts about a commit like Brashard compared to Alexis?

Advertisement
Back