2021 ATH Jaden Alexis Offered

I was just asking about Alexis in the 6 spots left thread. When there is no separation between Miami and Rutgers at this point with all the momentum we have right now and spots so tight, appears like this is a lost cause. Really wanted that speed in this class.

Advertisement
I read it. It says almost nothing. In summary, we are still in the running against all the schools we are in the running for and he likes Miami for all the normal reasons a kid likes Miami. Fluff.

I think it says a lot (implicitly). Kids that are interested in the Canes are moving in their commitments to lock in spots before we're out. Alexis has us even with Rutgers. There's no fire burning to be a Cane right now. Could that change? Possibly but its looking like this ship has unfortunately sailed unless the NCAA decides to relax the 25 IC limit and limit only 85 scholarships.

Was hoping for Alexis and Yul to find a way in.

I think it says a lot (implicitly). Kids that are interested in the Canes are moving in their commitments to lock in spots before we're out. Alexis has us even with Rutgers. There's no fire burning to be a Cane right now. Could that change? Possibly but its looking like this ship has unfortunately sailed unless the NCAA decides to relax the 25 IC limit and limit only 85 scholarships.

Was hoping for Alexis and Yul to find a way in.
Rutgers??

You mean Texas right?

Does this kid Still have a spot ?

tenor.gif

Advertisement
I have a couple of great options… Not in any particular order, Rutgers Miami, Penn State, Kentucky, Texas…Miami

Two of those names have no business being in the final list of schools with the others unless it's a smoke screen.

Wait: isn't Stubblefield PSU WR coach and as we learned last year literally can't recruit to save his life? How are they are finalist?

Advertisement
This was probably top 5 favorite recruit this cycle (I got a thing for speed man and we need impact players bad) .. When the texas smoke came up a few weeks ago, the staff seemed to lock some other guys in and though I like him better, cant fault them for getting super talented guys who were ready to get on board. Saw writing on wall and came to terms and moved on..

Bumping these threads aint gonna help man, lol.. We barely got room for 5 stars and legacy recruits..

Nope, his words, not mine.

I have a couple of great options… Not in any particular order, Rutgers Miami, Penn State, Kentucky, Texas…Miami
Rutgers isn't a legit option, he may be mentioning them but in no way is seriously considering going to no **** Rutgers lol.

This is a Texas vs Miami battle, UT had the early lead but due to no visits maybe things have changed.

I just wonder if the staff is still heavily pursuing Alexis & if we'll have enough room by the time he's ready to commit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Assuming they have one WR spot left for the right recruit (and that's a big assumption right now), if both Brooks and Alexis want in, who are you taking @Liberty City El ?
Alexis.

Brooks is good, but he has no real interest in Miami, all that stuff was just a rumor, he's Bama bound.

But even if he wasn't, I'm not passing up Alexis, he's my 2nd favorite WR in South FL for this class behind Brinson.

If Lashlee & Likens pull off snatching Alexis from UT & sneaking him in this class, I will personally fly down to Austin & slap Herman 3 times...

Slap him twice for missing on the Brockermeyer twins (I'm still shocked by that lol) & a slap him one good time for losing Alexis when we barely have any spots left & he was all but wrapped up to UT just 2 months ago in May.

And I'm not saying that we're getting him, I just love the fact that we're seemingly still in it when it felt like he was gonna be going elsewhere & maybe he still will.

So @gogeta4 and @Liberty City El have different views here. LCE's views seem to be based strictly on talent whereas gogeta is based on pipeline and protecting Dade for an elite receiver. There's no wrong answer to this hypothetical but after thinking about @DMoney top 10 breakdown where Alexis was #4 and LCE's pounding the table on Alexis upside, my gut tells me he's the superior recruit (ignoring the stars).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back