2021 ACC Kickoff - Wednesday & Thursday

D'Eriq on Joe Rose:

close to 100%.

He felt it was important for him to make a decision quickly last winter about coming back. He wanted it out for the rest of the team as they individually made decisions.

Said he feels good about the WR group. He saw alot of development throughout spring practice.

Lashlee is one of the best coaches he ever played for. Feels Lashlee is really good at making adjustments if things show up in games that they did not plan for.

King said he is going to focus on pass first this season. If there is nothing there, he will take off and run. Doesn't anticipate his game changing a whole lot.

D'Eriq said he throws with the receivers every day.

Speaks really highly of TVD and Jake Garcia. Feels UM is in good shape for the next few years..

Advertisement
D'Eriq feels good about the OL. Feels there are 10-11 guys who can play.

The offense all works out together. DEriq calls the content of the workouts. He makes the calls on what they are going to do during that session.
Keyshawn Smith and X Restrepo are pushing to play. King singled them out as having a really good spring. He also mentioned Deonte Johnson...

He said he's watched a lot of film on Bama.

I think both were wrong. Plenty of reporters have called Saban "Nick", so Deion was probably just being a bit sensitive.

Likewise, the reporter continued to refer to him as Deion trying to provoke drama. That's what the media is now, more TMZ than trying to actually get an answer.

Meanwhile, not a single ACC coach cares what they're called and will give vanilla answers to boilerplate questions.

You’re right in terms of reporters calling coaches by their first name. That really wasn’t my point, and that doesn’t change the fact that in that relationship the reporter was the supplicant.

In every social exchange there is the person that has the power and the one that doesn’t. I’m not trying to get too deep on this, or too transactional analysis on this, but that’s how human relationships work.

A salesman walking into a place to sell something doesn’t act like he owns the place, he’s deferential.

Likewise, a reporter talking to someone is not the person in power, he’s not the person in authority. The person he’s interviewing is the person that’s in authority. Therefore there are certain societal norms that must be adhered to.

Advertisement
Did you catch the beginning of the show? Richt talked about how he knew he likely had the condition, the doctor's official diagnosis at the end of May just confirmed it. He mentioned that once you actually know you have this disease, the likelihood is you probably had it for many years prior. He said he is in stage 1 and can pretty much do anything he wants, although some things may be slower...
Incredible that many of us pointed out in 18 that something was off. Fast forward 4 years later and I assume it started around that time

ACC Commissioner Jim Phillips on name, image, and likeness (NIL): “I think it makes all of us feel a sense of gratification that we can do this thing. But we have real challenges ahead if we don’t get national legislation."
https://twitter.com/Warchant

ACC Commissioner Jim Phillips on the current state of the NCAA: "This is the right time to have a complete, holistic review of the NCAA.”

Advertisement
D'Eriq on Joe Rose:

close to 100%.

He felt it was important for him to make a decision quickly last winter about coming back. He wanted it out for the rest of the team as they individually made decisions.

Said he feels good about the WR group. He saw alot of development throughout spring practice.

Lashlee is one of the best coaches he ever played for. Feels Lashlee is really good at making adjustments if things show up in games that they did not plan for.

King said he is going to focus on pass first this season. If there is nothing there, he will take off and run. Doesn't anticipate his game changing a whole lot.

D'Eriq said he throws with the receivers every day.

Speaks really highly of TVD and Jake Garcia. Feels UM is in good shape for the next few years..
The more I hear from this young man, the more impressed I am with him. No matter how this season ends, Kings legacy will have positive impacts for years to come.

Advertisement
Advertisement
my favorite Canes ACC Day was when Orlando Alzugaray was axing Al Golden why the previous year his linebackers were 3 yards deep in the endzone when GT had the ball on the one yard line. Golden kept asking Alzugaray whether he knew the play call and Alzaugaray kept repeating it didn't matter since the linebackers were 3 yards deep anyways. Good times.
Would love to see this video.

Bubba says the biggest thing for James Williams will movement because he is such a big player physically. He also says the playbook will be an adjustment and he plans to help him with that.

Bubba on NIL: "It is a great opportunity for every college athlete. We have been talking about it since the spring at Miami. We keep football the main thing and then the deals come."

Advertisement
Back