2021 ACC Kickoff - Wednesday & Thursday

Advertisement
Semenholes got 2 QB’s doing pressers. Lol

If I’m not mistaken, there will be replays the rest of the week at different times.

Advertisement
11:15 to 11:30 - Manny on with Packer & Durham

FSU taking 2 QB's hoping the other kid doesn't transfer when Milton named starter.

my favorite Canes ACC Day was when Orlando Alzugaray was axing Al Golden why the previous year his linebackers were 3 yards deep in the endzone when GT had the ball on the one yard line. Golden kept asking Alzugaray whether he knew the play call and Alzaugaray kept repeating it didn't matter since the linebackers were 3 yards deep anyways. Good times.

Advertisement
The attendees to the 2021 ACC Football Kickoff are:

Boston College
Head Coach Jeff Hafley
Zion Johnson, OL, Bowie, Maryland
Phil Jurkovec, QB, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Marcus Valdez, DE, Perth Amboy, New Jersey

Clemson
Head Coach Dabo Swinney
Matt Bockhorst, OG, Cincinnati, Ohio
James Skalski, LB, Sharpsburg, Georgia
D.J. Uiagalelei, QB, Inland Empire, California

Duke
Head Coach David Cutcliffe
DeWayne Carter, DT, Pickerington, Ohio
Mataeo Durant, RB, McCormick, South Carolina
Gunnar Holmberg, QB, Wake Forest, North Carolina

Florida State
Head Coach Mike Norvell
Jermaine Johnson II, DE, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
McKenzie Milton, QB, Kapolei, Hawaii
Jordan Travis, QB, West Palm Beach, Florida

Georgia Tech
Head Coach Geoff Collins
Ayinde Eley, LB, Olney, Maryland
Jeff Sims, QB, Jacksonville, Florida
Juanyeh Thomas, DB, Niceville, Florida

Louisville
Head Coach Scott Satterfield
C.J. Avery, LB, Grenada, Mississippi
Malik Cunningham, QB, Montgomery, Alabama
Marshon Ford, TE, Louisville, Kentucky

Miami
Head Coach Manny Diaz
Bubba Bolden, S, Las Vegas, Nevada
Michael Harley Jr., WR, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
D'Eriq King, QB, Manvel, Texas

North Carolina
Head Coach Mack Brown
Tomon Fox, LB, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Jeremiah Gemmel, LB, Newnan, Georgia
Sam Howell, QB, Indian Trail, North Carolina

NC State
Head Coach Dave Doeren
Grant Gibson, C, Charlotte, North Carolina
Devin Leary, QB, Sicklerville, New Jersey
Payton Wilson, LB, Hillsborough, North Carolina

Pitt
Head Coach Pat Narduzzi
Jordan Addison, WR, Frederick, Maryland
Deslin Alexandre, DL, Pompano Beach, Florida
Kenny Pickett, QB, Oakhurst, New Jersey

Syracuse
Head Coach Dino Babers
Josh Black, DL, Loves Park, Illinois
Taj Harris, WR, Beverly, New Jersey
Airon Servais, OL, Green Bay, Wisconsin

Virginia
Head Coach Bronco Mendenhall
Brennan Armstrong, QB, Shelby, Ohio
Joey Blount, S, Atlanta, Georgia
Keytaon Thompson, WR/QB, New Orleans, Louisiana

Virginia Tech
Head Coach Justin Fuente
Braxton Burmeister, QB, La Jolla, California
Chamarri Conner, DB, Jacksonville, Florida
James Mitchell, TE, Big Stone Gap, Virginia

Wake Forest
Head Coach Dave Clawson
Sam Hartman, QB, Charlotte, North Carolina
Luke Masterson, LB, Naples, Florida
Jaquarii Roberson, WR, Murfreesboro, North Carolina

• Among the offensive players in attendance at ACC Kickoff will be 15 quarterbacks, five wide receivers, four offensive linemen, two tight ends and one running back. Defensively, seven linebackers, five defensive linemen and four defensive backs will attend. Virginia’s Keytaon Thompson is listed as a QB/WR.
  • Thirteen teams will bring at least one quarterback with Florida State (McKenzie Milton and Jordan Travis) and Virginia (Brennan Armstrong and Keytaon Thompson) bringing two.
  • The ACC Kickoff student-athletes hail from 20 states with seven from Florida, six from North Carolina, four each from Georgia and New Jersey and three from Maryland and Ohio. There are two players from California, and one apiece from Alabama, Hawaii, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin.
  • Thirteen of 14 ACC teams will return a quarterback this season with starting experience led by Pitt’s Kenny Pickett with 36 career starts and Miami’s King with 33. FSU’s McKenzie Milton started 33 games at UCF before transferring to the Seminoles for the 2021 season.

Advertisement
Hopefully nobody refers to any of the coaches by their first name.

There’s a lot of ways to look at this, but the reporter is the supplicant. My opinion will probably not be a popular one, so people can criticize Deon if they want, but the reporter should’ve backed the fūck up and said “ok Mr. or Coach Sanders”

Instead, he acted like an aggressive little bltch when, in fact, the reporter was the lower status person in the exchange. The lower status person should always concede in that situation, and accede to the social norms of addressing him by his preferred title.

That was bullshlt and disrespectful. Hate to go here, possibly even perceived as racist. I can’t say what’s in that reporter’s heart, but at the very least he’s an asshòle.

Advertisement
Bubba and Harley on Joe Rose: Said the older guys - Harley, King and Bubba - got together and discussed coming back. They felt that Manny had a good thing set up with the team and they saw nothing but upside to coming back and working hard and leading the team to a great season. Bubba reminded Joe Rose that last season was the first season he played a full season as the starting Safety. Bubba said they knew last season that they had a good team and that by replacing the couple of guys they lost , they could come back and have the potential for a great season. Both Bubba and Harley noted there is a lot of competition behind them from the younger guys...

Bubba and Harley said they are not focusing on Bama right now; they are focusing on the team and getting things right in work habits and doing all the little things right. Focusing on themselves. They will start to focus on Bama when camp starts.

Bubba also said that Manny taking on the DC duties was big for the team. They see their HC is also their DC and totally invested in the team...

Bolden's goal is to become a first round NFL Draft pick and he thinks he can get there after a big fall.

"I'm never satisfied being in second place, third place. I want to be a first-round guy and I felt like coming back was the only way I can do that and accomplishing my goals. I had plenty of talks with [Manny Diaz], my family and we just felt like it was best for me to come back and I did it. I took advantage of this and I'm getting my body right, my mind right and I'm ready to go. A couple of weeks until fall camp," Bolden said.

Last edited:
God bless Richt. But I believe his media days are behind him given the current state.
Did you catch the beginning of the show? Richt talked about how he knew he likely had the condition, the doctor's official diagnosis at the end of May just confirmed it. He mentioned that once you actually know you have this disease, the likelihood is you probably had it for many years prior. He said he is in stage 1 and can pretty much do anything he wants, although some things may be slower...

There’s a lot of ways to look at this, but the reporter is the supplicant. My opinion will probably not be a popular one, so people can criticize Deon if they want, but the reporter should’ve backed the fūck up and said “ok Mr. or Coach Sanders”

Instead, he acted like an aggressive little bltch when, in fact, the reporter was the lower status person in the exchange. The lower status person should always concede in that situation, and accede to the social norms of addressing him by his preferred title.

That was bullshlt and disrespectful. Hate to go here, possibly even perceived as racist. I can’t say what’s in that reporter’s heart, but at the very least he’s an asshòle.
I think both were wrong. Plenty of reporters have called Saban "Nick", so Deion was probably just being a bit sensitive.

Likewise, the reporter continued to refer to him as Deion trying to provoke drama. That's what the media is now, more TMZ than trying to actually get an answer.

Meanwhile, not a single ACC coach cares what they're called and will give vanilla answers to boilerplate questions.

Advertisement
Back