2021 4-star CB Dawson rising on UM's board, addresses commitment rumors

View as article
Advertisement
Well the problem with our CB’s and LB’s isn’t their Personal speed has much as the technical aspects that keeps them from playing fast. 4.5-6 is plenty fast enough at DB if you know how to jam at los play the ball correctly and use the sideline as leverage. I don’t care how fast you are as a LB, if you hitting the wrong gap, over running the play, and taking bad angles, mis-diagnosing the play you’re not going to be effective. Yeah it never hurts to have a little more speed on both sides of the ball, but Miami’s supposed Speed issues are Coaching issues IMO!

I don't care how fast our LBs can run in a straight line, I just want them to be able to not run into the backside of our DL and then get blocked or screened out of the play.

It doesn't seem like I'm asking for too much.

when can we expect some of the portal names to be announced

Guys need to stop bugging Cribby on this.

Read between the lines. Anyone who has not yet put his name in the portal is likely to play in a bowl game.

Early January.

And who knows what the "announcement" will be? We don't even have any official action by the NCAA on whether we will get extra ICs. Once THAT happens, the "announcement" game will pick up steam.

Advertisement
I know how this goes. Miami is recruiting him honestly as a CB, which is his "money" position. Whereas the kid wants to play offense and have the ball in his hands. Whereever he ends up (not Miami), they'l let him do that for a year or two, and then convince the kid to flip to defense. Similar to what Auburn did with Noah Igbinoghene
Just happened with MAR too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
be careful. they'll say youre clueless
Facts. I’ve been the recipient of their brutality like when I defended Banda for not being as much to blame as Rumph for the CB’s recruiting fail. They remind my of the old Brock Brigade on here.

Facts. I’ve been the recipient of their brutality like when I defended Banda for not being as much to blame as Rumph for the CB’s recruiting fail. They remind my of the old Brock Brigade on here.

kinda amazing where we got guys at every spot here this cycle but CB.

Advertisement
Kids who aren't sure of their position or you see them in a different position, tell them whatever and get them on campus. When they get there, they may see themselves as something, you give them the opportunity, and maybe you're wrong. The field will almost always show a player where they can succeed and play. Let them figure it out if you've got the depth to do so.

kinda amazing where we got guys at every spot here this cycle but CB.
Like we just said in another thread - he doesn’t recruit well. Even if he doesn’t pick who he targets he doesn’t get anyone really who they target and assign him on the CB side.

Let him try elsewhere where he can go after who and what he wants and see how it goes. I know how it ended up here at that position‘s recruiting.

I see posters are saying to tell Dawson what he wants to hear and then get him on campus and move him to corner. I disagree and here's why: with how the transfer portal works now, if you do tell him he can play WR and then get him to Coral Gables and put him at corner soon thereafter, I feel like there's a good chance he's gonna be ****ed and inevitably want to leave (Christian Williams left Miami and would have easily gotten more playing time this season). Is corner probably a better route for him to get to the league? Probably. Could he see time at corner at UM faster than he could see time as a WR at Auburn/Texas A&M? I think so. But that's what we as adults think. Dawson thinks he can ball as a WR and it doesn't seem like anyone has swayed him yet.

At this point, what's losing out on one more corner gonna hurt. Find a corner that wants to be a corner and be at Miami, and then find one in the portal, and move on with business. Just my 2 cents.

Kids who aren't sure of their position or you see them in a different position, tell them whatever and get them on campus. When they get there, they may see themselves as something, you give them the opportunity, and maybe you're wrong. The field will almost always show a player where they can succeed and play. Let them figure it out if you've got the depth to do so.
Didnt really work out for mar

Advertisement
Back