2021 4-star CB Dawson rising on UM's board, addresses commitment rumors

View as article
Everybody that’s recruiting Dawson are not recruiting him at Corner, in fact part of the reason he committed to Auburn is because they planned on using him on Offense as a Slot-Back, he might’ve played Corner, but AU sold him on being an offensive weapon that they would get the ball to in packages.

Miami is one of the few teams that really sees him as a CB, everybody else just kinda sees him as a multipurpose ATH that you can use on offense, ST’s & possibly at CB if necessary.
And that's primarily the reason why we need to go ahead and move on to a kid like Jordan Oladokun. It is going to be hard as heck to get an OOS kid to commit to us and actually STAY with us at this point so honestly if a kid like Oladokun can't be a take for whatever reason, we just need to grab 1-2 portal CBs (kids that know the game already and are now ready to commit to the best team/location that fits them). I know there are kids like the 3*/4* CB Jay Jones from AL who decommitted from TENN (or was dropped idk exactly which) but after the Christian Williams situation idk if I want to go that route this year. About the CWilliams situation, I just don't get it, why would he transfer and not go back home, kid literally went about 2-3 hours north to Tampa, still a big city and still a long way from home...maybe I'll just drop it, just doesn't make any sense unless he was getting torched in practice and knew he'd be passed up by Clarke/Dunson. Anyway, back on topic, we've got 3 spots left and I don't have the SLIGHTEST clue will fill them at this point, because one thing to me is looking more and more like a sure bet, Dawson ain't coming unless we promise PT on OFF which IMO isn't willing to do, primarily due to the obvious needs we have at CB.

Advertisement
After everything that we've seen play out with battling for CBs, our staff is doing it again with this chase for Dawson when he CLEARLY has communicated that he wants to play OFF (not saying he wouldn't play DEF as well if needed but he wants OFF and the SEC is saying yeah sure whatever you want kid, just sign here, take thi$ and we'll get it all sorted out when you arrive on campus.....lol). So who's next at CB, Oladokun or portal is what it looks like to me

Didnt really work out for mar

I just know he's transferring, not sure of anything beyond that. Of course there are young men who are set in their mind to play a certain position and they'll transfer. I would hope he's not that hard headed, but then again maybe it works out for him somewhere else.

I wouldn't mind us kicking the tires here. Didn't sign with MSU.

Advertisement
Back