2021 4-star CB Dawson rising on UM's board, addresses commitment rumors

View as article
Advertisement
I know how this goes. Miami is recruiting him honestly as a CB, which is his "money" position. Whereas the kid wants to play offense and have the ball in his hands. Whereever he ends up (not Miami), they'l let him do that for a year or two, and then convince the kid to flip to defense. Similar to what Auburn did with Noah Igbinoghene

Miami is often screwed in recruiting for being more honest than most. I didn't say "100% honest", just more honest than most.

Advertisement
Ivins has a update and basically it looks like a&m is the team he is looking at.

Miami is another school that has made contact with Dawson, but that same source felt like Texas A&M is giving Dawson more to think about at the moment.

Dawson committed to Auburn back in May. Some felt that he picked the Tigers because Malzahn's offensive staff viewed him as a wide receiver and not a defensive back at the next level. Jimbo Fisher's Aggies apparently see Dawson that side of the ball, as well. The in-state Hurricanes on the other hand have talked to Dawson about playing cornerback in college.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yep, been that way for years. Given this kid isn't from a local pipeline school, wish the coaches would just play the game in this case

Right. These days, you can lose kids to the Portal for just about any reason. Frankly, I don't give a **** if that reason is "coaches wouldn't let me play the position I wanted to play" or "coaches lied to me about the position I would play".

Don’t they know dude doesn’t want to play cb? They love wasting time

True. I'd also like to NOT waste an IC on a kid who doesn't stay at Miami. It's a tough call. You'd like to think the kid would accept logic and reason at some point, and make the effort to play CB in college before he gets all ****y about another position (though there is always the Lamar Jackson situation to consider too).

I don't know. I'd like to have the kid play CB at Miami. But if he is going to be so stubborn, it may not be worth the effort either.

With Miami's luck, we lie to the kid, we sign the kid, the kid transfers out, and then Miami fans blame Rumph for another late-in-the-recruiting-season-4-star-flip-who-never-pans-out mistake.

Advertisement
Speed is a problem. **** hasselbeck even said after the duke game he felt for miami to continue to improve they needed to get faster at DB and LB
Well the problem with our CB’s and LB’s isn’t their Personal speed has much as the technical aspects that keeps them from playing fast. 4.5-6 is plenty fast enough at DB if you know how to jam at los play the ball correctly and use the sideline as leverage. I don’t care how fast you are as a LB, if you hitting the wrong gap, over running the play, and taking bad angles, mis-diagnosing the play you’re not going to be effective. Yeah it never hurts to have a little more speed on both sides of the ball, but Miami’s supposed Speed issues are Coaching issues IMO!

Advertisement
Back