2020 WR Jermaine Burton (IMG Academy) commits to Miami

Kid is gonna be a stud probably mainly in the slot. Hes very versatile & can do it all. Hes still developing hisnoverall game now but if i had to give a comparison for him now after alot of thought id probably say Golden Tate. Hes not a monster at any one particular thing but he excels at all aspects of the position & hes eager to learn blocking and the physical aspects of the game more as his body develops. Kid wants to be great & thats big for me.

How do you gauge his interest on being a cane. 2020 is a long way away so I know we’ll fight till the end but does he seem like UM is the place for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. Hes all about us. Look n time came fan. Tae is his best friend. My nephew is his mentor & good friends. Loves what we do with wide outs. Hes also the quiet type. Doesnt like all the hype of recruiting. Wants to be left alone to grind and get better now that his commitment is out the way.

**** bro.. based on that I think we all should be pretty stoked about this kid.

The dividends Lo & Hightower have given this program so far is unbelievable.

If people only knew. Plenty more to come. Strap up and enjoy the ride.

anything left for 2018 thats gonna excite us?

Advertisement
How do you gauge his interest on being a cane. 2020 is a long way away so I know we’ll fight till the end but does he seem like UM is the place for him?

Yeah. Hes all about us. Look n time came fan. Tae is his best friend. My nephew is his mentor & good friends. Loves what we do with wide outs. Hes also the quiet type. Doesnt like all the hype of recruiting. Wants to be left alone to grind and get better now that his commitment is out the way.

If the Canes are able to steal DT Oromo Ojomo from the State of Texas.

JRicht was out in Oregon today likely recruiting that other 2019 QB.

Honestly im just gonna keep any comments on lil richt to myself as i like him as a person. Hes a good dude. But for our teams sake i just hope johnson jr commits wherever hes going to so that richt will finally stop wasting time. You all know tai is where i think we should be focused and a good portion of our staff feels the same. But even if its not for tai this is the time of year when the high end qbs really zero in or commit to the schools of their choice. We cant waste all our energy on a kid who has no intention of ever coming here.(and we have several targets who are far better than as well)

I like Tai as well but the Johnson kid's relative said that his interest went up a thousand after the season we just had and that JRicht saw him today and he was told not to say much but things are looking good so far. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

I know dialect is his people. I know his father as well. My understanding though & outs not from any insider thing etc. But i believe the interest is real however were still trailing several other schools. My belief personally is still I'd far rather tai because he's a playmaker also but first and foremost hes a qb who can make all the throws. Im tired of our offense and thus our team and expectations being limited by a qb who physically is incapable of doing everything the position calls for. We have all these playmakers now. I wanna be able to let em loose and watch every team in the country run scared again from having to play us.

Honestly im just gonna keep any comments on lil richt to myself as i like him as a person. Hes a good dude. But for our teams sake i just hope johnson jr commits wherever hes going to so that richt will finally stop wasting time. You all know tai is where i think we should be focused and a good portion of our staff feels the same. But even if its not for tai this is the time of year when the high end qbs really zero in or commit to the schools of their choice. We cant waste all our energy on a kid who has no intention of ever coming here.(and we have several targets who are far better than as well)
[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION]
Is there anybody on the staff who will fight for Tai to get the respect from lil richt he deserves?
Or do the position coaches kind of just let each other make the decisions for their respective positions and support their coworkers?
I don't know how that dynamic works so I'm curious if someone on the staff could go to him and say,
"Fam, you're stressin over Robin Givens when Halle Berry is RIGHT. THERE. And Halle is interested."
That's a question specific to the 2019 QB situation and just generally on coaches challenging other coaches on prospects.
From whay I've seen generally position coaches have most say so but it is a pooled opinion. However outside of closed doors richt lets it be known just like kool is end all with dlineman richt is the same for the qb room. He has atleast two coaches that im aware of who tell him the same opinion of tai. Tai in most people i knows opinions is like getting willie wonkas golden ticket. We can all tell little richt these schnauseberries taste like schnauseberries till our faces turn blue but if he insists on blueberries instead what can we do?

Advertisement

It's gonna sound stupid but it should be obvious. We're still in it(lead group) for alot of stars. Thats the ah4 that's Michael Thompson, coburn etc. Im not saying we've got them rapped up. But the coaches feel good about where were at with all of them. Thompson we have a very good shot at. Add I've been said for those that haven't seen ezzard told us more than a month ago that he's coming to us. Kid is very impressive as a possession reciever at the least.

[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION]
Is there anybody on the staff who will fight for Tai to get the respect from lil richt he deserves?
Or do the position coaches kind of just let each other make the decisions for their respective positions and support their coworkers?
I don't know how that dynamic works so I'm curious if someone on the staff could go to him and say,
"Fam, you're stressin over Robin Givens when Halle Berry is RIGHT. THERE. And Halle is interested."
That's a question specific to the 2019 QB situation and just generally on coaches challenging other coaches on prospects.
From whay I've seen generally position coaches have most say so but it is a pooled opinion. However outside of closed doors richt lets it be known just like kool is end all with dlineman richt is the same for the qb room. He has atleast two coaches that im aware of who tell him the same opinion of tai. Tai in most people i knows opinions is like getting willie wonkas golden ticket. We can all tell little richt these schnauseberries taste like schnauseberries till our faces turn blue but if he insists on blueberries instead what can we do?

Scary. Seems like amateur hour. This is something I would have expected to hear from the last 3 idiots who coached here before coach Richt arrived. I guess this explains why were on Sitkowski for so long and only got on Jarren Williams very late when it was obvious that Sits wasn't UM caliber. Frustrating that we still have coaches who are so stubborn and closed minded.

It's gonna sound stupid but it should be obvious. We're still in it(lead group) for alot of stars. Thats the ah4 that's Michael Thompson, coburn etc. Im not saying we've got them rapped up. But the coaches feel good about where were at with all of them. Thompson we have a very good shot at. Add I've been said for those that haven't seen ezzard told us more than a month ago that he's coming to us. Kid is very impressive as a possession reciever at the least.
[MENTION=13955]Zbrod95[/MENTION]

I like Tai as well but the Johnson kid's relative said that his interest went up a thousand after the season we just had and that JRicht saw him today and he was told not to say much but things are looking good so far. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

I know dialect is his people. I know his father as well. My understanding though & outs not from any insider thing etc. But i believe the interest is real however were still trailing several other schools. My belief personally is still I'd far rather tai because he's a playmaker also but first and foremost hes a qb who can make all the throws. Im tired of our offense and thus our team and expectations being limited by a qb who physically is incapable of doing everything the position calls for. We have all these playmakers now. I wanna be able to let em loose and watch every team in the country run scared again from having to play us.

I know I sound crazy but Tai's frame to me at least resembles that of a Cam Newton big QB and like you mention can make all the throws. Would not mind seeing that kid in Orange and Green at all.

Advertisement

Let is play out jesus christ this is like the 10th time you've brought this up. I like Taisun too but a 3star QB from CT isn't going to inspire any of our other targets in that class. There is no point in giving him a committable offer right now. Kid still has a lot to prove. Let's see if he shows out in Paradise camp again before you throw a pity party.

Last edited:

So we can expect a nice finish. Thanks Bk.

Let is play out jesus christ this is like the 10th time you've brought this up. I like Taisun too but a 3star QB from CT isn't going to inspire any of our other targets in that class. There is no point in giving him a committable offer right now. Kid still has a lot to prove. Let's see if he shows out in Paradise camp again before you throw a pity party.

the point is if you want a guy you should offer him, regardless what the scouting services say.
And if you bs recruiting, especially at the qb spot, you can really **** yourself. QBs typically commit early on in the process.

Now personally I think its clear the staff has that Oregon qb #1 on their board. That much is pretty obvious. So I understand them going for him. But that can also be bad if we don't even have a good shot at landing him, and we spend a **** load of time focused on him but kinda ignore anyone else at the position.

Now who knows if Tai would even commit if he was given a commitable offer. Basically I think Paradise Camp will be the point we want to have a qb by.

the point is if you want a guy you should offer him, regardless what the scouting services say.
And if you bs recruiting, especially at the qb spot, you can really **** yourself. QBs typically commit early on in the process.

Now personally I think its clear the staff has that Oregon qb #1 on their board. That much is pretty obvious. So I understand them going for him. But that can also be bad if we don't even have a good shot at landing him, and we spend a **** load of time focused on him but kinda ignore anyone else at the position.

Now who knows if Tai would even commit if he was given a commitable offer. Basically I think Paradise Camp will be the point we want to have a qb by.

It's not that serious. The QB situation isn't so dire we need to rush offers in January. This staff got Kosi to recommit and flipped Williams in back to back classes. My only point regarding the ranking is that when you land a top10 QB is has an effect on the perception of your class and obviously helps sway other targets. If you land a 3 star QB from CT no matter how talented no one blinks an eye outside of the UM circle. We know Michael Johson will be competing in camps against top flight competition around the US. If Tai doesn't get that ratings bump and get's overlooked for camps he could be stuck in CT all off season and playing inferior competition his senior Year. This is where ratings come into play. Tai needs that rating to showcase and test himself against premier comp. He's got a huge jump to make.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I know I sound crazy but Tai's frame to me at least resembles that of a Cam Newton big QB and like you mention can make all the throws. Would not mind seeing that kid in Orange and Green at all.

Where tai stays aft in conneticut that's what they all call him. Baby cam. Since 8th grade hes started varsity & improves every year. Wait till you see his littler brother. He worked out at paradise last year too

Woosa...i was answering a question. Sorry thats not acceptable to you. Thats the problem on here. Not many people bother to read before they run their mouths. Feel free to talk crap about that 3 star. Remember how stupid you sound a few years from now when hes a monster wherever hes at. Lastly he had nothing left to prove. Hes done everything he can against whats put In front of him. He can gain your approval since you're clearly a star chaser if he accepts the offer from img to transfer there & start. Than you'll love him cause he'll be highly ranked since img gets attention & rankings on average. Paradise hes already done and excelled at. You want him to do that again too?

It looks like they like Johnson in Oregon. And they've offered him and are recruiting the **** out of him. Just because you and Dee prefer the kid in CT doesn't mean Rick does.

If Johnson's their guy, and he's showing interest, which, according to his own family is very legitimate, then you go to battle for him. UM shouldn't bow out of recruiting battles for guys they really want unless it's clear there's no chance.

Advertisement

Now personally I think its clear the staff has that Oregon qb [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] on their board. That much is pretty obvious. So I understand them going for him. But that can also be bad if we don't even have a good shot at landing him, and we spend a **** load of time focused on him but kinda ignore anyone else at the position.

It's not that serious. The QB situation isn't so dire we need to rush offers in January. This staff got Kosi to recommit and flipped Williams in back to back classes. My only point regarding the ranking is that when you land a top10 QB is has an effect on the perception of your class and obviously helps sway other targets. If you land a 3 star QB from CT no matter how talented no one blinks an eye outside of the UM circle. We know Michael Johson will be competing in camps against top flight competition around the US. If Tai doesn't get that ratings bump and get's overlooked for camps he could be stuck in CT all off season and playing inferior competition his senior Year. This is where ratings come into play. Tai needs that rating to showcase and test himself against premier comp. He's got a huge jump to make.

#1 I said its irrelevant if its for tai or any other qb. The point was this is the time of year premier qbs start to make decisions. We need to focus our energy on qbs we have legitimate chances to land. Johnson jr. From whay I've heard is a serious longshot with us. Yes,my prefence is tai. But thats irrelevant for now. We got very lucky with jarren that we were able to salvage our class with the position so late in the cycle... now do you c my point. We need to stop wasting time on one kid unless we know that one kid is who we want and hes definitely coming. Otherwise do like last year & do due dillegence on multiple targets before you zero in on one. I dont know why anyone could argue that unless it's just because you wanna have some issue just because I'm saying it. #2 tai has played plenty of elite camps. Hes stood out in those as well. Not all kids want that attention either. Hes a laid back kid which is why he hasn't been at img or bishop gorman for two years. Both have offered him the qb for two years. If he accepted you wouldve never have even heard of sitkowski or dtr. Sleep on him all you want but dont try to take the credit from him that he deserves just because youre not informed enough about him.

It looks like they like Johnson in Oregon. And they've offered him and are recruiting the **** out of him. Just because you and Dee prefer the kid in CT doesn't mean Rick does.

If Johnson's their guy, and he's showing interest, which, according to his own family is very legitimate, then you go to battle for him. UM shouldn't bow out of recruiting battles for guys they really want unless it's clear there's no chance.

Thats not what im saying chise. Its not relevant how much of a chance we actually have (& whos right on that point or not) its unless hes told us hes coming period than we need to have other options we do our dillegence on as well. Thats the problem everyone had with coker is he only recruited the one kid everyone wanted who was the star & he never had a back up in case that didnt work out. Now everyone is supportive of doing that exact thing for some reason & it makes no sense.

Now personally I think its clear the staff has that Oregon qb [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] on their board. That much is pretty obvious. So I understand them going for him. But that can also be bad if we don't even have a good shot at landing him, and we spend a **** load of time focused on him but kinda ignore anyone else at the position.

Thats not what im saying chise. Its not relevant how much of a chance we actually have (& whos right on that point or not) its unless hes told us hes coming period than we need to have other options we do our dillegence on as well. Thats the problem everyone had with coker is he only recruited the one kid everyone wanted who was the star & he never had a back up in case that didnt work out. Now everyone is supportive of doing that exact thing for some reason & it makes no sense.

You've mad a ton of assumptions. Just because they've made it clear Johnson is the #1 target doesn't mean they aren't working behind the scenes on backup plans. Jarren Williams silently committed 10 days after they pushed Sits out. Do not compare this staff to Coker. We've already got 2 talented young QB's on the roster if we start throwing multiple public QB offers you're likely going to turn some kids off. That's the nature of recruiting QB's. Make them feel like they're the only one.

If you want a staff that's going to waste their 1st few days coming off the dead period flying to visit 3star QB's in CT you're rooting for the wrong team.

Last edited:

#1 I said its irrelevant if its for tai or any other qb. The point was this is the time of year premier qbs start to make decisions. We need to focus our energy on qbs we have legitimate chances to land. Johnson jr. From whay I've heard is a serious longshot with us. Yes,my prefence is tai. But thats irrelevant for now. We got very lucky with jarren that we were able to salvage our class with the position so late in the cycle... now do you c my point. We need to stop wasting time on one kid unless we know that one kid is who we want and hes definitely coming. Otherwise do like last year & do due dillegence on multiple targets before you zero in on one. I dont know why anyone could argue that unless it's just because you wanna have some issue just because I'm saying it. #2 tai has played plenty of elite camps. Hes stood out in those as well. Not all kids want that attention either. Hes a laid back kid which is why he hasn't been at img or bishop gorman for two years. Both have offered him the qb for two years. If he accepted you wouldve never have even heard of sitkowski or dtr. Sleep on him all you want but dont try to take the credit from him that he deserves just because youre not informed enough about him.
Dee come on now. Dtr is a beast now. He has a stronger arm and is faster than tai

Advertisement
Back