2020 WR Jermaine Burton (IMG Academy) commits to Miami

Don't downplay the importance of 2020 kids committing 2 years in advance. It gives class momentum and kids wanting to be a part of it. Plus it allows the staff to use maintenance time to keep them while focusing more visits on uncommitted recruits.

Advertisement
One has to believe the 2018 reaining kids are also looking at the 2019 and 2020 class already shaping up. There's more ammunition on the way. It's all about the momentum.

[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] I don't know if you've commented on this already, and its pretty early, but from what you've seen in person at IMG of this Burton kid, what's your thoughts/outlook/comparisons etc?

[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] I don't know if you've commented on this already, and its pretty early, but from what you've seen in person at IMG of this Burton kid, what's your thoughts/outlook/comparisons etc?

Kid is gonna be a stud probably mainly in the slot. Hes very versatile & can do it all. Hes still developing hisnoverall game now but if i had to give a comparison for him now after alot of thought id probably say Golden Tate. Hes not a monster at any one particular thing but he excels at all aspects of the position & hes eager to learn blocking and the physical aspects of the game more as his body develops. Kid wants to be great & thats big for me.

Advertisement

Kid is gonna be a stud probably mainly in the slot. Hes very versatile & can do it all. Hes still developing hisnoverall game now but if i had to give a comparison for him now after alot of thought id probably say Golden Tate. Hes not a monster at any one particular thing but he excels at all aspects of the position & hes eager to learn blocking and the physical aspects of the game more as his body develops. Kid wants to be great & thats big for me.

How do you gauge his interest on being a cane. 2020 is a long way away so I know we’ll fight till the end but does he seem like UM is the place for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you gauge his interest on being a cane. 2020 is a long way away so I know we’ll fight till the end but does he seem like UM is the place for him?

Isn't he committed to us already?

Isn't he committed to us already?

He is but the context on my post was is this kid going to stick as a Commit since Dee knows these kids personally. He’s been pretty spot on with the assessment from a character standpoint. But QP, you’re right my post did seem like he’s not already a commit.

Word. All 3 of the 2020 WR commits seem like they have a unique skill set and I can see them all doing big things here. As I said, 2020 a long ways away but that's one **** of a trio.

Advertisement

Yeah. Hes all about us. Look n time came fan. Tae is his best friend. My nephew is his mentor & good friends. Loves what we do with wide outs. Hes also the quiet type. Doesnt like all the hype of recruiting. Wants to be left alone to grind and get better now that his commitment is out the way.

Yeah. Hes all about us. Look n time came fan. Tae is his best friend. My nephew is his mentor & good friends. Loves what we do with wide outs. Hes also the quiet type. Doesnt like all the hype of recruiting. Wants to be left alone to grind and get better now that his commitment is out the way.

**** bro.. based on that I think we all should be pretty stoked about this kid.

The dividends Lo & Hightower have given this program so far is unbelievable.

If people only knew. Plenty more to come. Strap up and enjoy the ride.

Advertisement

JRicht was out in Oregon today likely recruiting that other 2019 QB.

Honestly im just gonna keep any comments on lil richt to myself as i like him as a person. Hes a good dude. But for our teams sake i just hope johnson jr commits wherever hes going to so that richt will finally stop wasting time. You all know tai is where i think we should be focused and a good portion of our staff feels the same. But even if its not for tai this is the time of year when the high end qbs really zero in or commit to the schools of their choice. We cant waste all our energy on a kid who has no intention of ever coming here.(and we have several targets who are far better than as well)

Honestly im just gonna keep any comments on lil richt to myself as i like him as a person. Hes a good dude. But for our teams sake i just hope johnson jr commits wherever hes going to so that richt will finally stop wasting time. You all know tai is where i think we should be focused and a good portion of our staff feels the same. But even if its not for tai this is the time of year when the high end qbs really zero in or commit to the schools of their choice. We cant waste all our energy on a kid who has no intention of ever coming here.(and we have several targets who are far better than as well)

I like Tai as well but the Johnson kid's relative said that his interest went up a thousand after the season we just had and that JRicht saw him today and he was told not to say much but things are looking good so far. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Advertisement

[MENTION=12747]Dyalect79[/MENTION] is a family member of Johnson's and says the interest is there now. I agree with you tho, I really hope this isn't a wild goose chase

[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION]
Is there anybody on the staff who will fight for Tai to get the respect from lil richt he deserves?
Or do the position coaches kind of just let each other make the decisions for their respective positions and support their coworkers?
I don't know how that dynamic works so I'm curious if someone on the staff could go to him and say,
"Fam, you're stressin over Robin Givens when Halle Berry is RIGHT. THERE. And Halle is interested."
That's a question specific to the 2019 QB situation and just generally on coaches challenging other coaches on prospects.

[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION]
Is there anybody on the staff who will fight for Tai to get the respect from lil richt he deserves?
Or do the position coaches kind of just let each other make the decisions for their respective positions and support their coworkers?
I don't know how that dynamic works so I'm curious if someone on the staff could go to him and say,
"Fam, you're stressin over Robin Givens when Halle Berry is RIGHT. THERE. And Halle is interested."
That's a question specific to the 2019 QB situation and just generally on coaches challenging other coaches on prospects.
XS5LK.gif

Advertisement
Back