2020 wide receivers

Advertisement
Advertisement
what you’re missing about the top 4 guys is having a go to guy much like we had with KJO and to a lesser extent, JT. Someone out of wiggs and pope needs to step up to be that #1 option in the spring

Agreed. Hoping Brevin can be that guy and maybe even Payton

That’s fair for Harley since he’s starting and getting the 3rd most reps but not fair for the others guys due to the limited reps they get. Can’t write those guys off

Cager loss ain’t hurt nothing, he wasn’t catching passes like that at Miami and Osborn has been an upgrade
i didnt write them off im just saying lets not get our hopes up...just haven't seen enough to think they'll be good yet and im not going off what you've shown in hs guys havent made many plays or took advantage of their opportunities to this point... pope has been a flat out disappointment since he's been here.... and we have no one who's done what cager did last year with terrible qb play not saying he wouldve put up crazy numbers but he would've gave us more consistency and leadership especially with JT having his *** on his shoulders once again.

i didnt write them off im just saying lets not get our hopes up...just haven't seen enough to think they'll be good yet and im not going off what you've shown in hs guys havent made many plays or took advantage of their opportunities to this point... pope has been a flat out disappointment since he's been here.... and we have no one who's done what cager did last year with terrible qb play not saying he wouldve put up crazy numbers but he would've gave us more consistency and leadership especially with JT having his *** on his shoulders once again.
Pope may have not had a good freshman season as he wasn’t ready yet(him not early enrolling hurt him). But he has not been a flat out disappointment this year, he’s caught the ball majority of the time when it has come to him this year in his limited reps each game and showed somethings as well. He hasn’t broke out yet but he’s doing much better than he did as a freshman. Imo several times when he has had the ball he easily looked like the most explosive receiver we have on the roster and that’s up there even with Thomas.

Advertisement
Agreed but 1) if you are making those dumb decisions in the first place, I don't have much faith you wont make another bad one and 2) If he keeps getting in trouble and/or quitting, I wouldn't be surprised if he was encouraged to move on

Agree on your first point but don’t think the staff would encourage him to move on. He’s too talented and from a risk / benefit standpoint I think staff would feel its worth the risk (kind of like what they did getting him back this season).

We don't have an offense that's conducive to getting the ball out to multiple WR's a game, so if your not a starter you're not going to be very productive in terms of stats in this offense. Even KJ's numbers are down from his time at Buffalo & he's our most productive WR.

This offense has only produced three 300+ yard performances the entire season, in today's era of modern football that's extremely pedestrian. Enos didn't start going RPO & using the Pistol until 9 games in lol, you'd be insane to think the backup WR's like Pope, Wiggins, Harley & the rest would have crazy numbers this season. That's why you can't extrapolate how they'll play next year based on the limited reps they get this season, they don't get the same amount of opportunities as most WR's in modern college offenses & a lot of times they're in the game to just block.

With that being said, we absolutely have to hit the Portal for a Grad Transfer WR. Enos's offenses cant work without an experienced upperclassmen that can move the chains, he doesn't run an offense that can just plug & play a young guy & have him be impactful. This slow paced scheme is all about doing every single thing exactly correct every single snap or it will all fall apart. Its not like Lincoln Riley's/Josh Heupel's Air Raid style that can just take any player & insert them in & manufacture productivity.

I hope JT4 comes back next year, even if he came back just for the FSU game & then say out the rest of the season I would be happy lol. But Pope, Wiggins & Payton I believe will thrive with getting more reps next year in more of a starter role.

And when speaking about the WR group for 2020, a word of advice for yall, don't even bother mentioning the incoming TF's, they're not playing a lick next season outside of the game vs Wagner, expect all 3 to redshirt.

Jeff Thomas needs to stay another year. He will not be drafted.

Advertisement
We don't have an offense that's conducive to getting the ball out to multiple WR's a game, so if your not a starter you're not going to be very productive in terms of stats in this offense. Even KJ's numbers are down from his time at Buffalo & he's our most productive WR.

This offense has only produced three 300+ yard performances the entire season, in today's era of modern football that's extremely pedestrian. Enos didn't start going RPO & using the Pistol until 9 games in lol, you'd be insane to think the backup WR's like Pope, Wiggins, Harley & the rest would have crazy numbers this season. That's why you can't extrapolate how they'll play next year based on the limited reps they get this season, they don't get the same amount of opportunities as most WR's in modern college offenses & a lot of times they're in the game to just block.

With that being said, we absolutely have to hit the Portal for a Grad Transfer WR. Enos's offenses cant work without an experienced upperclassmen that can move the chains, he doesn't run an offense that can just plug & play a young guy & have him be impactful. This slow paced scheme is all about doing every single thing exactly correct every single snap or it will all fall apart. Its not like Lincoln Riley's/Josh Heupel's Air Raid style that can just take any player & insert them in & manufacture productivity.

I hope JT4 comes back next year, even if he came back just for the FSU game & then say out the rest of the season I would be happy lol. But Pope, Wiggins & Payton I believe will thrive with getting more reps next year in more of a starter role.

And when speaking about the WR group for 2020, a word of advice for yall, don't even bother mentioning the incoming TF's, they're not playing a lick next season outside of the game vs Wagner, expect all 3 to redshirt.
Smh all this just makes me want enos gone even more if that shìt is even possible.

Smh all this just makes me want enos gone even more if that shìt is even possible.
As I posted before the passing game is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. We SPREAD the ball out more to receivers other than our main starting group more than bama and ou does. Not having Jarren out there in the uva, Pitt, ga tech game hurt their numbers considering we only passed for 182 vs uva, 200 vs ga tech(12 from Jarren), 154 vs pitt( 50 from Jarren) which is reverting back to 2018 which we averaged just 165 yards passing a game.
DC5F8793-4BBC-40FB-8B26-65691A149116.jpeg

5EFF1C44-6AD2-48AF-B895-FE89DEC96D7C.jpeg

Attachments

• 9E9C77B8-679A-4619-BB1B-DF437ED1D46A.jpeg
    9E9C77B8-679A-4619-BB1B-DF437ED1D46A.jpeg
    776.8 KB · Views: 1
Advertisement
Are there any similar guys like Osborn on the portal market. That are older and not trash but looking to make the vertical movement from a small school.

Advertisement
Back