2020 wide receivers

Advertisement
I'm going to miss KJO. Wish he was recruited to play here from the start. That kid has a lot of heart.

this wr core will need some help is we are relying on harley to be the vet and leader of this group dude avg is 11.8 in his career

we won’t have to rely on Harley to lead the others because pope and Wiggins will be third years while Payton was a freshman EE. I don’t see a true #1 in that group, but a lot of talent and different skillsets. I think not having a logjam at WR in the first time in a while will be a boost to our passing game as a whole

we won’t have to rely on Harley to lead the others because pope and Wiggins will be third years while Payton was a freshman EE. I don’t see a true #1 in that group, but a lot of talent and different skillsets. I think not having a logjam at WR in the first time in a while will be a boost to our passing game as a whole
Yep, just look at the passing games of Ou and bama compared to ours, those teams primarily use 3 receivers and sparingly play the others behind them . It put things in perspective but it seems like we play our backup receivers more than most teams around the country which is good to see the young players but doesn’t necessarily allow you to build continuity with a specific set of receivers that play majority of the snaps in a game. So it’s give and a take with that. Will say I like The way our passing game is going this year attempting to feed the ball to everyone.

F1A4F2F4-EE5A-403E-B3FE-EA5AFD8FA1BD.jpeg

7584B288-E21B-4F79-B4AF-AA93AE6EBC6F.jpeg

6EF8C852-D6C0-4DCE-A49A-0DEA5D340917.jpeg

Advertisement
thats what im saying we dont have a true 1 or even 2....unless pope/Wiggins/Payton take their game to the next level and JT leaves we'll be hurting at wr position.

thats what im saying we dont have a true 1 or even 2....unless pope/Wiggins/Payton take their game to the next level and JT leaves we'll be hurting at wr position.
We won’t be hurting, those kids have talent too and will be more experienced players and will be able to step up. Lots of intriguing talents prime to break out. About time we let these guys get a bulk of the reps next year so they CAN develop

Pope
Harley
Payton
Wiggins
Fleming
Redding
Restrepo

Yep, just look at the passing games of Ou and bama compared to ours, those teams primarily use 3 receivers and sparingly play the others behind them . It put things in perspective but it seems like we play our backup receivers more than most teams around the country which is good to see the young players but doesn’t necessarily allow you to build continuity with a specific set of receivers that play majority of the snaps in a game. So it’s give and a take with that. Will say I like The way our passing game is going this year attempting to feed the ball to everyone.

View attachment 101215

View attachment 101216

View attachment 101217
we dont have ceede or jeudy or even ruggs or smith coming back.... we dont have guys close to those in talent level lol

Advertisement
we dont have ceede or jeudy or even ruggs or smith coming back.... we dont have guys close to those in talent level lol
Thomas in terms of talent is. But that’s not even my point, what are you even talking about lol? I was pointing out how their passing game is distributed in terms of production among their pass catchers. Miami’s offense uses more guys frequently in their passing game compared to either bama or ou and doesn’t just use 3-4 guys most of the time.

As usual, there's no chance anybody gets better over the next 9 months. What we have now is exactly what we'll have next season.
not saying that, they will but we cant act like we got guys who are going to take us to the next level at wr....

Thomas in terms of talent is. But that’s not even my point, what are you even talking about lol? I was pointing out how their passing game is distributed in terms of production among their pass catchers. Miami’s group uses more guys frequently in their passing game compared to either bama or ou and doesn’t just use 3-4 guys most of the time.
they use 3-4 guys becuz those guys are dogs we dont have the same caliber is the point.... if we have to trout out harley pope wiggins/payton next szn none of those guys have shown the ability to play at a high level we will be hurting at wr is all im saying....

they use 3-4 guys becuz those guys are dogs we dont have the same caliber is the point.... if we have to trout out harley pope wiggins/payton next szn none of those guys have shown the ability to play at a high level we will be hurting at wr is all im saying....
We won’t be hurting, all of those had the major offers and are pretty talented players in their own right . They just haven’t had the opportunity to be THE guy so to speak. Let’s see what they look like with getting a bulk of the reps which we haven’t seen yet.

and it’s not true that they use the same 3-4 guys because they are dogs. Ou got 2 of the 3 5stars they signed at receiver barley even playing. Does that imply that they aren’t good? No that’s just how Lincoln Riley system is, they use 3 main receivers and don’t play much of the other guys

Advertisement
We won’t be hurting, all of those had the major offers and are pretty talented players in their own right . They just haven’t had the opportunity to be THE guy so to speak. Let’s see what they look like with getting a bulk of the reps which we haven’t seen yet.

and it’s not true that they use the same 3-4 guys because they are dogs. Ou got 2 of the 3 5stars they signed at receiver barley even playing. Does that imply that they aren’t good? No that’s just how Lincoln Riley system is, they use 3 main receivers and don’t play much of the other guys
weve seen pope harley and wiggins get more reps this szn..... all of those guys play have been avg all szn with no consistency it hasnt been all on them but i expected more from our wr core this season. i didnt say they arent good but how many more years do we have to see harley to think we're going to get something different out of him.... think it's the same thing how last year guys thought we'd be better off without Cager and look how that hurt us.... Cager would have definitely been a game changer in a couple of games for us.

weve seen pope harley and wiggins get more reps this szn..... all of those guys play have been avg all szn with no consistency it hasnt been all on them but i expected more from our wr core this season. i didnt say they arent good but how many more years do we have to see harley to think we're going to get something different out of him.... think it's the same thing how last year guys thought we'd be better off without Cager and look how that hurt us.... Cager would have definitely been a game changer in a couple of games for us.
That’s fair for Harley since he’s starting and getting the 3rd most reps but not fair for the others guys due to the limited reps they get. Can’t write those guys off

Cager loss ain’t hurt nothing, he wasn’t catching passes like that at Miami and Osborn has been an upgrade

Advertisement
If they keep improving I really like the dynamic of the 4 returning WRs

Harley - good blocker, veteran
Wiggins - Speed for days, if he can be more consistent catching, and add more weight, he's very solid
Pope - Replacement for JT. If he keeps getting in the rotation and gets more experience this year, I can see him taking a leap next year
Payton - I can see him being reliable and consistent (kinda like KJ)

Other than that - Next year should be about the TEs - Brevin should be an All American, and Mallory can start to blossom too

If they keep improving I really like the dynamic of the 4 returning WRs

Harley - good blocker, veteran
Wiggins - Speed for days, if he can be more consistent catching, and add more weight, he's very solid
Pope - Replacement for JT. If he keeps getting in the rotation and gets more experience this year, I can see him taking a leap next year
Payton - I can see him being reliable and consistent (kinda like KJ)

Other than that - Next year should be about the TEs - Brevin should be an All American, and Mallory can start to blossom too

what you’re missing about the top 4 guys is having a go to guy much like we had with KJO and to a lesser extent, JT. Someone out of wiggs and pope needs to step up to be that #1 option in the spring

Advertisement
Back