2020 Spring Practice Summary - 3/3

View as article
Love everything I'm hearing, and been told yall King was the truth.

The only thing that I hope to God gets worked out is that **** OL.

I read that Zion got abused all day by Rousseau & Phillips, they obviously moved him to RT but the problem is his backup Herbert is drastically worse.

We got 1 scholly left, need to bring in an OT, our season can't hinge on Zion or Herbert, the two of them need to sit their asses on the bench for the whole year, can't fck this year up waiting on these dudes to learn how to get their feet urnder them.

Oh and the Deep ball at CB is gonna be a problem too, gotta play a lot of Double High this year lol.

Aside from that, I'm excited.

Advertisement
Watch all these QBs get significantly better under Lashlee. I don't think any of them were good fits for Richt's or Enos' system. King is going to make our offense fun again. And we're finally going to make use of our speedy receivers.

OT is biggest concern and it's not even close. Nelson whiffing again even in helmets and shorts. Bleh. Scaife paying at guard is where he naturally should be. But assuming Donaldson returns over the summer, coaches will probably bump him back to tackle since we have no other good options.

Will Burns put together his first good season since his Sophomore year in HS? If he keeps this up in Spring Ball, I'm going to vote for him as the potential breakout player of the year. ... No injuries, Bobby!

McCloud becoming the featured leader of the defense is nice to see. Return for you final year and we build the brand around you. I like it. And it looks like he's embracing his role.

Which QBs are you saying will get significantly better? I think Martell is who he is. Perry too. The system will make Perry look better than he really is. He can be a solid backup maybe. King and TVD are the 2 I am expecting to make leaps in this system but its because they already had big time talent to begin with.

I read that Zion got abused all day by Rousseau & Phillips, they obviously moved him to RT but the problem is his backup Herbert is drastically worse.

We got 1 scholly left, need to bring in an OT, our season can't hinge on Zion or Herbert, the two of them need to sit their asses on the bench for the whole year, can't fck this year up waiting on these dudes to learn how to get their feet urnder them.

Oh and the Deep ball at CB is gonna be a problem too, gotta play a lot of Double High this year lol.

I'm sure they will eventually bring someone in. The problem is we need 3 more Transfers. OT,LB and CB and we only have one spot to give. I would take one spot for the 2021 class and add an extra spot so we can get two transfers in.

Advertisement

Play a lot of Double High? Enter Bubba Bolden.

I am not ready to give up on Zion just yet. Call me crazy. He has the natural physical tools and he showed flashes last year of what he could become. (FSU game, UL game)

For this one year, King will make our OL look better than it did last year but than we will run into the same issue in 2021 if we don't get it squared away.

It's awesome were already hearing the king is proving he's the real deal. We all were waiting for that to come from Martell when he transfered last year and it never came. In just two days king is already proving he's legit. I would let the QBs compete until the end of spring football and then name one of them the Starter at the end. It would be huge for team chemistry to have our starting QB leading the team through the summer.

I am not ready to give up on Zion just yet. Call me crazy. He has the natural physical tools and he showed flashes last year of what he could become. (FSU game, UL game)

For this one year, King will make our OL look better than it did last year but than we will run into the same issue in 2021 if we don't get it squared away.
Zion may have some tools but he needs a red shirt year.

Advertisement

Zion would of redshirted at App st. He shouldnt even have the wrappings pulled off of him until his redshirt soph. The fact we threw him out there as a true freshman is a pending lawsuit, lol..

Can we please try Scaife at one of the tackle spots? I feel like you can hide an average guard much better than you can hide an average tackle. We need Scaife to sure up one of the edges.

He needed to be redshirted his Freshman season & he simply has no idea what to do with his feet.

He gets beat so easily because as soon as the ball is snapped he just standing there like he's waiting in line at the bank, kid can't anchor to save his life.

He was a huge liability at LT & if he's being moved to RT & still getting speed rushed it's pretty clear OT just ain't for him.

Zion would of redshirted at App st. He shouldnt even have the wrappings pulled off of him until his redshirt soph. The fact we threw him out there as a true freshman is a pending lawsuit, lol..

I agree. At this point, if our only other option is Herbert who is worse, he might be all we have. I am not up on who is in the portal but people keep pointing to that but is there any OT in the portal worth getting?

Advertisement
Can we please try Scaife at one of the tackle spots? I feel like you can hide an average guard much better than you can hide an average tackle. We need Scaife to sure up one of the edges.
Scaife is probably the best RT we have, the problem is his absolute best upside is as a Guard.

Scaife will probably end up at Tackle eventually due to the fact none of our Tackles have good enough footwork to sustain a full season lol.

It's awesome were already hearing the king is proving he's the real deal. We all were waiting for that to come from Martell when he transfered last year and it never came. In just two days king is already proving he's legit. I would let the QBs compete until the end of spring football and then name one of them the Starter at the end. It would be huge for team chemistry to have our starting QB leading the team through the summer.

Whether the staff has said it or not, I'd bet it's pretty much acknowledged by the team that King is the starter... Sure seems that way from the interviews we've heard.

He needed to be redshirted his Freshman season & he simply has no idea what to do with his feet.

He gets beat so easily because as soon as the ball is snapped he just standing there like he's waiting in line at the bank, kid can't anchor to save his life.

He was a huge liability at LT & if he's being moved to RT & still getting speed rushed it's pretty clear OT just ain't for him.

Agree. Its crazy how this has turned into a 3 year issue because I don't see things getting any better next year either at OT especially LT.

Advertisement
*****ing is in mid season form.

Nice work fellas.

I don't see anyone bytching. Just things that we have seen before that have lead to our eventual downfall when the season starts. (bad OL play, No chemistry at the S spot, WRs dropping balls, etc) We are smart enough now not to ignore this stuff.

Isn't King a lefty, wouldn't that necessitate having a good RT?

Advertisement
Back