2020 Recruiting.

As expected Devion Smith does not commit to Miami. He is a better fit for Mississipp St even though I thought he would commit to Georgia.

Andre Curbelo is still the best point guard fit for Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Barnes has visited us unofficially before.

That being said, is anyone actually surprised by him not coming here?

There was some late chatter about Kentucky but my guess is FSU.

Advertisement
Scottie don't need no visit, he's already coming here, done deal!

I have it on the HIGHEST (weed, coke, crack? not sure) authority:
Capturecxz.PNG

The FBI mess was bad but time to stop blaming all our recruiting difficulties on it.
How could you not ....
Let this sink in,MHB team played with 7 players
last season

Beside I love when Cane’s teams was older players Vs HS recruits ..
But now the transfer and graduate transfer market
Is super competitive ..

Last edited:
Advertisement
It is a disappointment that Scottie Barnes is not going to officially visit Miami per the latest news but recruiting is fluid so he could change his mind on tomorrow. We don't know until we find out more information.

At this moment, the focus needs to be on Earl Timberlake and Andre Curbelo. Getting those two guys to commit and adding them to Matt Cross is still a good class.

Let's wait and see how this plays out.

Victor Rosa is a 6'6 SG who would be a good option with the last scholarship for the 2020 recruiting class. He has a really good shooting stroke and he played on the Puerto Rican National Team with Andre Curbelo. He plays at Central Pointe Christian Academy in Kissimmee, FL.

Advertisement
Scottie don't need no visit, he's already coming here, done deal!

I have it on the HIGHEST (weed, coke, crack? not sure) authority:
View attachment 99291

SMH First of all you do not know the details in his recruiting. He has thrown Kentucky in the mix out of no where which no one close to him saw coming. 2nd of all i don't appreciate your slander. Act like an adult F***ck Boy I highly doubt you would approach me like this face to face in person blood. Believe that!

Coaching staff still making a push! Wait til all the details come out before you get in your feelings.

Extremely disappointing that Barnes won't even give us a visit. We've been recruiting this kid from day 1. Same story as Vernon Carey. We seem to have better luck recruiting out of state top prospects (Bruce Brown, Lonnie Walker) than we do in state.

Advertisement
Now that Scottie has committed to FSU, let's move on. The staff still has Earl Timberlake and Andre Curbelo to aggressively pursue for a commitment. Hopefully, the staff has turned up their efforts with those two now the Scottie and Niels have decided to play elsewhere.

Remember, the goal is still to fill out the four available scholarships. Adding Earl and Andre to Matt Cross would take care of 3 of the 4 scholarships and still give Miami a good class.

Advertisement
Back