2020 Recruiting.

Key words: so far.

Lifetime Evan is 94% correct so he does miss on a few occasion. He is due to miss. Just wondering, how many scholarships does Florida have available since they only have one senior on the roster. Scottie Lewis is a one and done. They have some guys who may test the draft process but those are the only two players who will not be back for next season.

Who else do you think will turn pro off of the Florida roster?

Nembhard is expected to leave after this year and potentially Tre Mann. Florida also forced kids out last year, they will do it again. Neils is a take for them and he is most likely going to commit to Florida on Tuesday

Advertisement
Nembhard is expected to leave after this year and potentially Tre Mann. Florida also forced kids out last year, they will do it again. Neils is a take for them and he is most likely going to commit to Florida on Tuesday

Ok. Kicking people off the team makes more sense by Florida standards. Deng Gak's brother may be one of those casualities. IMO, Nemhardt is ok but he is not a pro ready at this time. Same goes for Tre Mann. Both are good players but they are not 1st round draft picks. Not this season, maybe in a year or two.

Ok. Kicking people off the team makes more sense by Florida standards. Deng Gak's brother may be one of those casualities. IMO, Nemhardt is ok but he is not a pro ready at this time. Same goes for Tre Mann. Both are good players but they are not 1st round draft picks. Not this season, maybe in a year or two.

Nembhard was very close to leaving this year, it is expected he is going pro next year regardless.

1. INTEREST IN JUCO BALL RISING

zwl2eapzco5vgr6mlkcf

TYON
GRANT-FOSTER

6'6" | 190 LBS | SF
INDIAN HILLS C.C.
OTTUMWA, IA
CLASS OF 2020

Recent Louisville commit Jay Scrubb is the most discussed junior college recruit in a bit. But, he's only one of many junior college players drawing early high major attention as programs are getting involved with junior college prospects earlier than usual in the 2019-20 cycle.

I spent part of my weekend -- along with over 300 college coaches -- in Fort Worth, Tex., at the Mullens-Mitchell Juco Blowout so that I could check out for myself why interest seems to be ramping up for Juco transfers. I've always enjoyed watching that level because of the effort and sense of urgency that comes with it, but after seeing some of the country's top teams and players, I can say that the talent at the Juco level is as deep as I can remember it being in quite some time.

While I saw several standouts, I wanted to briefly spotlight the five who really caught my eye during my time there. I know that Scrubb has been given the title of best prospect in the Junior College ranks, but do-it-all wing Tyon Grant-Foster of Ottumwa (Iowa) Indiana Hills has to be in the conversation as well. A native of Kansas City, Kans., Grant-Foster is extremely versatile, athletic and still developing physically. There's a good reason that he's now racked up offers from Georgia, Kansas, Iowa State, LSU, Miami, Oklahoma State, Oregon, SMU, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech and others.

Advertisement

5. TIMBERLAKE'S RECRUITMENT REMAINS MYSTERIOUS

nrix1gnlbkzajsbunlje

NATIONAL
-
STATE
POSITION
EARL
TIMBERLAKE

6'5" | 205 LBS | SF
DEMATHA
HYATTSVILLE, MD
CLASS OF 2020

One of the hardest to call recruitments in the class of 2020 is that of five-star wing Earl Timberlake.

Reading his recruitment remains a tough task, but Timberlake has at least narrowed things down a bit now that Alabama and North Carolina are out and he's finished taking official visits.

That leaves a final group of Miami, Pittsburgh, Providence, Seton Hall and South Carolina contending for his services and he's seen all of them.
An instant contributor and big time pull for any of his finalists, Timberlake is one of the most physically imposing players in the class of 2020. He's a beast going to the rim as well as one of the top defenders in the senior class.

His decision should be coming before signing day and while he hasn't given up many clues on his recruitment, if I had to pick a favorite I would go with the Hurricanes. His actions and what his finalists look to be doing in 2020 recruiting should offer up some hints in the coming weeks.

His recruitment sounds similar to Bruce Brown in 2016.

I've been thinking. I've seen it mentioned on here that we have four scholarships available for this recruiting class. I assume that's from one open roster spot we have now, then DJ, Keith Stone and
The only problem with that is Miami only has 4 scholarship available. Let's say our class is Matt Cross, Neils Lane, Earl Timberlake and Andre Curbelo. Miami would then be out of scholarships for the 2020 recruiting class. Recruiting Cliff only makes sense if Nysier Brooks gets a waiver and he is eligible for this season. Then Miami would have a 5th scholarship available for Cliff Omoruyi and the 2020 recruiting class goes to another level.

If Cliff commits and Nysier sits out this season then next season, Miami has Rodney Miller, Nysier Brooks, Deng Gak and Cliff Omoruyi playing the 5 spot. That would be a logjam as no one could redshirt except Cliff, who is arguably the best 5 on the roster. This is with the assumption that Miami misses on Neils Lane or Earl Timberlake. Matt Cross has already committed and I feel Andre Curbelo is a lock for Miami.

That is why I have said for months that Nysier Brooks needs to get a waiver to play this season or his commitment to Miami was a bad move. I am trying not to use the term "roster management" because it makes some people upset.
I've been thinking about us only having 4 ships available.

Both Rodney Miller and Sam Waardenberg will be RS Juniors this year. Theoretically, both could have their degrees after this season and be encouraged to find greener pastures opening up a 5th scholarship if need be.

Not sure if L is savage enough to pull that, but it's a possibility.

Advertisement
Niels Lane committing tomorrow. Looks like all the experts' picks are in for UF.

We due for another surprise like Lonnie Walker?

I've been thinking. I've seen it mentioned on here that we have four scholarships available for this recruiting class. I assume that's from one open roster spot we have now, then DJ, Keith Stone and

Both Rodney Miller and Sam Waardenberg will be RS Juniors this year. Theoretically, both could have their degrees after this season and be encouraged to find greener pastures opening up a 5th scholarship if need be.

Didn’t someone say Rodney already had his degree?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Actually, Miami has 11 basketball players on scholarship at this moment. I fully expect Willie Herenton to be placed on scholarship in January 2020 for the rest of that semester. You are correct, Miami also has two seniors in DJ Vaseljevic and Keith Stone. That is how we get to the 4 available scholarship.

Could other scholarships become available, yes but only 4 are confirmed at this point.

That must be Manny and Banda's philosophy too.

Not at all. In baseball, most 300 hitters (along with some other stats and accomplishments) are Hall of Famers. Hitting 300 requires a player to get a hit 3 out of every 10 at-bats or 1 out of every 3 at-bats per game. It is a matter of perspective.

I like Manny but Mario Cristobal was my first choice. I still believe the football team will turn this season around. The first thing they have to do is stop beating themselves.

Thanks and now I will get back to basketball.

We need to turn up the heat and lock down Kerwin Walton 😤

Originally, I thought the same thing but I think he is going to Carolina if not somewhere like Creighton close to his home.

Right now, Miami is trending for Earl Timberlake and Andre Curbelo. Adding them to Matt Cross is a good class. Scottie Barnes has not said no nor has he said yes so he is still an option. Cliff Omoruyi requires Miami to wait until after the season but with Rodney Miller, Nysier Brooks and Deng Gak projected to be back next season, playing time could be an issue unless one of them leaves.

Miami has options but we are definitely in a wait and see period.

So essentially, here are the targets* and commit:

Commit:

SF/PF: Matt Cross 6'7

Targets:

PG: Devion Smith 5'11 [Visited on September 28th]
PG: Andre Curbelo 6'0 [Visit Scheduled for October 4th]

SF: Earl Timberlake 6'6 [Visited on September 13th]

PF: Scottie Barnes 6'8 [Visit Scheduled for October 18th]

*Please note by "targets" I mean have come on a visit or are coming on a visit. Are there any other targets out there?

Advertisement
Back