Commit:

SF/PF: Matt Cross 6'7

Targets:

PG: Devion Smith 5'11 [Visited on September 28th]
PG: Andre Curbelo 6'0 [Visit Scheduled for October 4th]

SG: Niels Lane 6'5 [Visited on September 13th]

SF: Earl Timberlake 6'6 [Visited on September 13th]

PF: Scottie Barnes 6'8 [Visit Scheduled for October 18th]

*Please note by "targets" I mean have come on a visit or are coming on a visit. Are there any other targets out there?

Advertisement
So essentially, here are the targets* and commit:

Commit:

Targets:

*Please note by "targets" I mean have come on a visit or are coming on a visit. Are there any other targets out there?

That is correct

So essentially, here are the targets* and commit:

Commit:

Targets:

Cliff Omoruyi?

Advertisement
Cliff Omoruyi still has 13 schools? Visiting with UCONN brain trust this week. Here's an excerpt from a UK board:

Rivals.com’s Corey Evans made a public prediction in favor of Arizona State last week. 247Sports national analyst Brian Snow made a Crystal Ball pick for the Sun Devils on Thursday.

“It’s just some rumors swirling right now,” Evans told the Herald-Leader. “But the thing is: he is not signing early. If he signs early, it’s going to take a lot for one specific program — they have to do some damage in the next few weeks. So there is going to be some time before a commitment happens.”

Evans noted that Omoruyi — ranked No. 54 by Rivals — took an official visit to Auburn last month, then canceled some of his other planned trips. UK assistant coach Tony Barbee recently visited his high school — the alma mater of Kahlil Whitney and Isaiah Briscoe — but there has been no confirmation that John Calipari has been there this fall.

“They want to see how the season plays out,” Evans said. “And they want to see — everyone is saying they want him, but who is really, really going to show it to them throughout the last five or six months before the late signing period?”

A good article with a couple of good points:

CE: Do you want to sign early?

SB: I am probably going to commit sometime in November, or even late October.

CE: Miami is home, so what do they mean to you?

SB: Yeah, that is home. They are basically an hour away from my house. (Jim) Larranaga is there, he is a good guy, him and (Chris) Caputo, I hear from all the time and I text hem a lot. They really show a lot of interest in me, but I know going there, it would be very special to play right by my home and my parents could be at all of my games, so that would be really special and also be different from other players to go there.

I will admit that I am all in on Scottie Barnes coming to Miami, even for 1 year as Miami needs to get the in-state 5 star kids on the roster. I thought I read that he was committing in the Spring of 2020 so to read that he will sign early is very interesting. Very interesting. It kills my Kam McGusty is turning pro so Scottie can take his scholarship theory. It would be great to have him in this class and Miami should make every effort they can to make it happen. So far, from what I have read, they have done that.

Let's review some scenarios and you decide which works for you:

Option A: So far Matt Cross is on board and if Miami adds Neils Lane, Earl Timberlake and Andre Curbelo, everyone should be happy with the class.

Option B: Matt Cross and add Earl Timberlake, Andre Curbelo and Scottie Barnes. Let's say Neils Lane goes to Florida. Still a great recruiting class.

Option C: Matt Cross, add Earl Timberlake, Andre Curbelo and SG Kerwin Walton. Barnes goes to FSU and Lane goes to UF. Still a very good class.

Option D: Matt Cross, add Earl Timberlake, Andre Curbelo and Cliff Omoruyi. A good recruiting class but a logjam at the 5 next season. Solid.

Option E: Matt Cross, add Earl Timberlake, Neils Lane, Andre Curbelo, Cliff Omoruyi and Scottie Barnes. Once a dream and still far from reality as Miami only has 4 scholarship. This only works if Nysier Brooks gets a waiver for this season and Kam McGusty turns pro after this season. Still possible but I am probably the only person thinking that far in advance. A 6 player class is extreme but Scottie is a one and done so technically it is only a 5 player class. People will frown on this option as they will argue there is not enough playing time but those same people don't want to see Rodney Miller and Sam Wardenburg on the court. You cannot please everyone.

What do you think, which option works for you?

Advertisement

A good article with a couple of good points:

CE: Do you want to sign early?

SB: I am probably going to commit sometime in November, or even late October.

CE: Miami is home, so what do they mean to you?

SB: Yeah, that is home. They are basically an hour away from my house. (Jim) Larranaga is there, he is a good guy, him and (Chris) Caputo, I hear from all the time and I text hem a lot. They really show a lot of interest in me, but I know going there, it would be very special to play right by my home and my parents could be at all of my games, so that would be really special and also be different from other players to go there.

I will admit that I am all in on Scottie Barnes coming to Miami, even for 1 year as Miami needs to get the in-state 5 star kids on the roster. I thought I read that he was committing in the Spring of 2020 so to read that he will sign early is very interesting. Very interesting. It kills my Kam McGusty is turning pro so Scottie can take his scholarship theory. It would be great to have him in this class and Miami should make every effort they can to make it happen. So far, from what I have read, they have done that.

Let's review some scenarios and you decide which works for you:

Option A: So far Matt Cross is on board and if Miami adds Neils Lane, Earl Timberlake and Andre Curbelo, everyone should be happy with the class.

Option B: Matt Cross and add Earl Timberlake, Andre Curbelo and Scottie Barnes. Let's say Neils Lane goes to Florida. Still a great recruiting class.

Option C: Matt Cross, add Earl Timberlake, Andre Curbelo and SG Kerwin Walton. Barnes goes to FSU and Lane goes to UF. Still a very good class.

Option D: Matt Cross, add Earl Timberlake, Andre Curbelo and Cliff Omoruyi. A good recruiting class but a logjam at the 5 next season. Solid.

Option E: Matt Cross, add Earl Timberlake, Neils Lane, Andre Curbelo, Cliff Omoruyi and Scottie Barnes. Once a dream and still far from reality as Miami only has 4 scholarship. This only works if Nysier Brooks gets a waiver for this season and Kam McGusty turns pro after this season. Still possible but I am probably the only person thinking that far in advance. A 6 player class is extreme but Scottie is a one and done so technically it is only a 5 player class. People will frown on this option as they will argue there is not enough playing time but those same people don't want to see Rodney Miller and Sam Wardenburg on the court. You cannot please everyone.

What do you think, which option works for you?

This is Gold great work bro! 🏅

Give me B or D.

We need a C in this class. I would take him.

I agree with you that Miami needs Cliff Omoruyi in the class. He is the only C I want. I will say that Cliff would start at the C if he commits. That would give Miami 4 C's on next season's roster. Rodney Miller, Nysier Brooks, Deng Gak and Cliff Omoruyi. Who plays and who sits?

Moving Gak to the 4 is not that easy as Sam Wardenberg and Anthony Walker are on the roster along with Matt Cross.

This only gets fixed if Cliff does not commit to Miami or Nysier Brooks gets a waiver to play this season and then Cliff signs with Miami.

Tell me what do you think? Am I looking at this from the wrong perspective?

Harland bannnng on Rodney lol This kid is so athletic.

I watched Harland Beverly alot last season as he played at Montverde with Cade Cunningham, Moses Moody and Precious Achiuwa. There were multiple games where I felt the was the best player on the floor. Go to the 2019 recruiting thread as I has posted some of his senior season highlights there. Harland is a player and let's enjoy his time at Miami.

Wong and Beverly are easily the best two guards Miami has ever recruited in one class. IMO.

Advertisement

Interesting development that helps Miami. Florida has 1 senior (Kerry Blackshear Jr) on their roster and most feel that freshman Scottie Lewis is a one and done player. I completely agree. Florida has filled their only two scholarships for next season with Samson Ruzhentsev and Osayi Osifo. Unless someone else is a walk-on that I don't see as they don't inform you who is on scholarship and who is walk-on.

That should eliminate them with Niels Lane, clearing the way for him to come to Miami. I know Evan Daniels has him trending to Florida but he is not always 100% correct.

FYI, Texas has 2 seniors on their roster and no one is projected to turn pro but I don't see Texas as a better option than Miami. Especially with the Miami connection with the Team Final basketball program. Remember, Davon Reed, Jaquan Newton and Lonnie Walker came from that program.

I feel good about Miami with Niels Lane.

Last edited:

Interesting development that helps Miami. Florida has 1 senior (Kerry Blackshear Jr) on their roster and most feel that freshman Scottie Lewis is a one and done player. I completely agree. Florida has filled their only two scholarships for next season with Samson Ruzhentsev and Osayi Osifo. Unless someone else is a walk-on that I don't see as they don't inform you who is on scholarship and who is walk-on.

That should eliminate them with Neils Lane, clearing the way for him to come to Miami. I know Evan Daniels has him trending to Florida but he is not always 100% correct.

FYI, Texas has 2 seniors on their roster and no one is projected to turn pro but I don't see Texas as a better option than Miami. Especially with the Miami connection with the Team Final basketball program. Remember, Davon Reed, Jaquan Newton and Lonnie Walker came from that program.

I feel good about Miami with Neils Lane.

Evan Daniels has been 100% correct so far for the 2020 cycle and Florida has more then 2 scholarships available. They are expecting a few to leave after this season. Niels Lane is 100% a take for them.

Advertisement
Lucky, How about an Option F (which is, unfortunately, possible): Matt Cross, and get none of the other players being mentioned.

What do you see as Plan B in that scenario? Go heavy on JuCos, Canadians and big men from Africa like FSU and other schools often do?

Lucky, How about an Option F (which is, unfortunately, possible): Matt Cross, and get none of the other players being mentioned.

What do you see as Plan B in that scenario? Go heavy on JuCos, Canadians and big men from Africa like FSU and other schools often do?

Grad transfers my friend. I no longer like regular transfers as they have to sit out one season. Grad transfers are a quick fix without holding the scholarship. A mulligan so to speak.

The needs in this class are perimeter players and one point guard. A center is not a must unless Nysier Brooks gets a waiver to play this season.

Truthfully, Matt Cross and no one else will not happen. I guarantee it.

Evan Daniels has been 100% correct so far for the 2020 cycle and Florida has more then 2 scholarships available. They are expecting a few to leave after this season. Niels Lane is 100% a take for them.

Key words: so far.

Lifetime Evan is 94% correct so he does miss on a few occasion. He is due to miss. Just wondering, how many scholarships does Florida have available since they only have one senior on the roster. Scottie Lewis is a one and done. They have some guys who may test the draft process but those are the only two players who will not be back for next season.

Who else do you think will turn pro off of the Florida roster?

For those interested, Roselle Catholic (Neils Lane and Cliff Omoruyi) play Roman Catholic (Jaren Duren "22 Miami target at 4 pm). This is the link if you are interest.

P.S. No, it is not free.

Advertisement
Back