2020 Recruiting.

The only problem with that is Miami only has 4 scholarship available.

I wouldn't get hung up on this at all. We have 4 today. That doesn't mean we will only have 4 tomorrow or when next season starts (2020-21).

Coach is about to begin his 9th season at Miami. Since Coach has been here, the following players have transferred out/left or been booted:

- Gilmore
- Palmer
- Lecomte
- Sherman
- Daniels
- Burnett
- J. Kelly
- Muhammad
- Wilson
- A. Mack

That is more than 1.1 ships gone per season (and this season hasn't started yet). It should be expected, not just at Miami, that kids are going to leave before/during the season.

Combine that with other potential reasons a scholarship may open (e.g. injury) and our problems with roster management (i.e. using all our ships), we should recruit like we have more ships available until it is actually a problem.

With that said, I don't think it is wise to fill the class solely on 4-5 HS Seniors (obviously, I'd rather have all HS Seniors than not use the ships). This creates problems with spacing between the classes and ships. A glut of young kids. If we go this route, it would be helpful if 1-2 of these kids would redshirt.

Advertisement
By all means we have to close at least 2 of these four .... Curbelo, Timberlake, Lane, Omoruyi !
IT WOULD BE AMAZING IF WE LAND ALL FOUR!!! #BEST BBALL RECRUITING CLASS EVER AT THE U and maybe in Coach Larranaga tenure'.

With Cross locked in, Timberlake and 1 of Hughey/Omoruyi is the ideal scenario. Although I think a blue blood will sweep up Omoruyi while Hughey goes to Pitt. Curbelo would be a huge addition but could see going elsewhere because of Wong

With Cross locked in, Timberlake and 1 of Hughey/Omoruyi is the ideal scenario. Although I think a blue blood will sweep up Omoruyi while Hughey goes to Pitt. Curbelo would be a huge addition but could see going elsewhere because of Wong

We've gotten a couple of crystal balls for Timberlake today. I do think we lead for Curbelo, but have no problem taking Smith if he wants in before Curbelo is ready to commit. Omoruyi will be tough I agree, but a long way to go in that recruitment.

Advertisement
We've gotten a couple of crystal balls for Timberlake today. I do think we lead for Curbelo, but have no problem taking Smith if he wants in before Curbelo is ready to commit. Omoruyi will be tough I agree, but a long way to go in that recruitment.

Worried about Oregon with Curbelo’s recruitment because they haven’t taken a point guard in their last two classes. However, distance would be a huge factor there.

Curbelo is visiting this weekend so I doubt it’ll come down to an either or situation with him and Smith. Our staff will get a good read on him.

Timberlake + Curbelo/Smith + HS big + Cross = all needs filled

I wouldn't get hung up on this at all. We have 4 today. That doesn't mean we will only have 4 tomorrow or when next season starts (2020-21).

Coach is about to begin his 9th season at Miami. Since Coach has been here, the following players have transferred out/left or been booted:

- Gilmore
- Palmer
- Lecomte
- Sherman
- Daniels
- Burnett
- J. Kelly
- Muhammad
- Wilson
- A. Mack

That is more than 1.1 ships gone per season (and this season hasn't started yet). It should be expected, not just at Miami, that kids are going to leave before/during the season.

Combine that with other potential reasons a scholarship may open (e.g. injury) and our problems with roster management (i.e. using all our ships), we should recruit like we have more ships available until it is actually a problem.

With that said, I don't think it is wise to fill the class solely on 4-5 HS Seniors (obviously, I'd rather have all HS Seniors than not use the ships). This creates problems with spacing between the classes and ships. A glut of young kids. If we go this route, it would be helpful if 1-2 of these kids would redshirt.

As always, you make a valid point. The only issue I have is the notion of a 4 star player coming to your program to redshirt is a very hard sell. If he gets injured, I completely agree with that player taking a redshirt year. If that player is a better player than someone currently on the roster then that freshman should play.

For example, as I mentioned before. How can anyone justify Cliff Omoruyi coming to Miami and redshirting because Rodney Miller and Nysier Brooks are seniors? The minutes should go to the best player.

Iron sharpens iron and competition makes the entire team better.

Advertisement

**Andre Curbelo, the 6-foot point guard from Long Island (NY) Lutheran, trips to Miami this weekend (Oct. 4) for his first official visit. Curbelo, who is down to five schools, will also take official visits to Illinois (Oct. 18) and Oregon (Oct. 25). He is also considering Indiana and St. John’s.

**Dylan Cardwell, the 6-foot-10 center from McEachern (GA), will take his third official visit to UConn this weekend (Oct. 4). Cardwell has previously taken official visits to Vanderbilt (Aug. 30) and Georgia (Sept. 6).

Dylan has previous expressed interest in Miami but he has not setup a visit. I wonder if the 2020 big man recruiting is down to Cliff or no one?

By all means we have to close at least 2 of these four .... Curbelo, Timberlake, Lane, Omoruyi !
IT WOULD BE AMAZING IF WE LAND ALL FOUR!!! #BEST BBALL RECRUITING CLASS EVER AT THE U and maybe in Coach Larranaga tenure'.

Adding those 4 to Matt Cross would definitely be the best recruiting class in the history of Miami basketball. IMO, I hope I am not being a "prisoner of the moment".

Miami is trending for Earl and Florida is trending for Samson. Florida has two guards redshirting so that should work in Miami's favor for Neils Lane.

Advertisement
Maybe I'm alone, but of all the possibilities still out there I have the greatest affection for a Curbelo commit...

...so let's have a big game and rock the house vs the Hokies. (Curbelo will be there.) What the F is a hokie anyway?

I see Scottie Burns 5 star is visiting Miami officially on October 18th. You think we got a chance. Recruiting seems to be trending up for basketball again

Advertisement
Maybe I'm alone, but of all the possibilities still out there I have the greatest affection for a Curbelo commit...

...so let's have a big game and rock the house vs the Hokies. (Curbelo will be there.) What the F is a hokie anyway?
VT used to be known as The Gobblers. Think that changed around 1980. "Hokie-hokie-hi" is a long-time VT cheer.

Advertisement
Back