2020 Miami commit Avantae Williams talks Miami commitment

View as article

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
What seemed like a normal day Thursday, February 9th, turned into one of the most exciting recruiting days in recent memory. It started with 2018 RB Lorenzo Lingard committing to Miami, but right when we thought it was all over, Lingard's cousin — 2020 DB Avantae Williams committed to Miami

“I’ve been wanting to do it for sometime,” said Williams. “I almost committed when I got the offer, at Paradise Camp and the FSU game. When I saw Lo commit, I told myself…. What am i waiting for.”

On the 7v7 circuit this weekend in Orlando, Williams plays for the elite Pro Impact team, but you would expect Avantae who’s 15 years old to play for the 15u team right?

“It’s funny because I'm 15 and i’m playing on the varsity roster.” Williams said “It’s fun playing with all of the older guys and being the only young savage.”

This took place after the interview when I introduced Avantae to Josh Jobe, DJ Ivey and a special FaceTime call he took

“They’re all savages,” said Williams. “I love that savage mentally that Miami has.”

“Trajan Bandy man, I look up to him a lot.” — “Everyone compares my love for Miami to his love and they compare my game to Sean Taylor.”

With Avantae being three years away from stepping foot in a college campus, he has one school in particular after him

“Florida is after me hard and i just took a visit there.” said Williams “Honestly Gainesville is so boring, there’s really nothing for me up there. I wanted to leave so bad.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
“Florida is after me hard and i just took a visit there.” said Williams “Honestly Gainesville is so boring, there’s really nothing for me up there. i wanted to leave so bad.”

That's a Cane.

He's a goon and bonafide cane. This kid will see multiple Natty's here in Miami. Never been so excited for a prospect in my now 8 years of watching Miami.

4SETMGD.gif

Advertisement
“Florida is after me hard and i just took a visit there.” said Williams “Honestly Gainesville is so boring, there’s really nothing for me up there. i wanted to leave so bad.”

That's a Cane.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
I swear I want to adopt this kid lol he hates Gainesville like we all do at 15 years old. Look at him and compare him to the **** riders from down here who can't wait to go to that ****hole

Advertisement
“Honestly Gainesville is so boring, there’s really nothing for me up there. I wanted to leave so bad.”

28jjkm0.jpg

Advertisement
I swear I want to adopt this kid lol he hates Gainesville like we all do at 15 years old. Look at him and compare him to the **** riders from down here who can't wait to go to that ****hole

I'm telling you, South Florida is a cesspool of Queffin Trolls, Drama Queens, and Primadonnas. Along with assorted street agent and handler trash.

There is not another school in the universe that has to deal with as much BS from their own hometown areas as Richt and Miami have to deal with when it comes to the gang of degenerates running around down in Dade and Broward.

Does USC have to deal with scumbag Trojan haters in LA? Does the Gator have to deal with Gaytor haters in Gaynesville? Does FSU have to deal with Seminole haters in the Panhandle?

I am tempted to just say to **** with Dade and Broward and just focus on Palm, the Glades, Orange, Duval, and the rest of central and north Florida. We NEVER seem to get the same sort of late game theatrics and drama from the Darrion Owens, Shaq's, Norton's and McCloud's of the world.

Advertisement
Back