2020 LB Corey Flagg Jr OV

Advertisement
Yea thats what he is missing and I believe is because of his size

It's a solid tape. Kid has an excellent ability to diagnose the play and snake his way to the ball.

But I think there's more than pop missing. His closing speed isn't exceptional either. Totally different body types, but reminds me a little of Jennings in that he's a quality in-the-box type MLB. I wouldn't want him rushing the passer or covering crossing routes, though. Just my $0.02.

I have no issue if this Flagg is part of this class. But I would hope we also bring in another recruit with more speed and burst.

It's a solid tape. Kid has an excellent ability to diagnose the play and snake his way to the ball.

But I think there's more than pop missing. His closing speed isn't exceptional either. Totally different body types, but reminds me a little of Jennings in that he's a quality in-the-box type MLB. I wouldn't want him rushing the passer or covering crossing routes, though. Just my $0.02.

I have no issue if this Flagg is part of this class. But I would hope we also bring in another recruit with more speed and burst.
He is very instinctual and always seems to find the ball after the snap. I also love the way that he avoids blockers. He makes himself real skinny doesnt allow himself to get flat footed and eludes blockers consistently throughout the entire tape. Those things are coachable but sometimes its good to have a kid that has such good technique already. His tackling is coached up well as well. Keeps his legs moving his toes up wraps up well with his head up which is unusual at that level and finishes. He just lacks the size and strength to get guys on the ground in one fluid motion. Like u said I also dont think he is a very good pass coverage linebacker. He doesnt look stiff at all going backwards or even side to side although he does seem slow but when he back pedals he becomes a well below average athlete and looks stiff as ****. Also stays high which is weird because of how compact he is built. I think theres things to like and then there are things that concern u. Ill take him because I like his as a MLB prospect that isnt asked to cover much

My boy (Northshore alum), now coaches at Baytown Sterling, has been talking about this kid for months now. Northshore smashed them, but he always says the kid’s toughness and nose for the ball are next level. Supposedly the in state schools aren’t on him as much because of size.

Advertisement
i want this kid...just to get a foot in the door at that school and im guessing the Houston area.

Also kid seems like a leader and can definately play in the rotation in this Acc. Kid diagnoses real well...amd other than height his measurables are ok.

Maybe he is a Will spot (Pinkney) player he sifts through traffic real well. Perryman likely only has him by an inch. Could be a good mentor for him...he doesnt have the pop of Perryman though but sifts through like he did
That’s bigger picture thinking. If we land one of the better kids from one of the best high schools in Texas, that should open up good things moving forward. Spence was small too but made hella plays. Spence was faster tho.

He's a First team all-state LB at a powerhouse championship school in North Shore which is literally one of the top 3 schools in Texas, they're like the MNW/STA/Central of TX.

Kid has over 200tcks in 2 years as a starter & had 33TFL's as a Junior, again this against high level 6A comp at a school that produces NFL players.

What he lacks in raw athelticism he makes up for in high instincts & tackling ability, he's a football player not a track athlete.

I'm not saying the kid is a can't miss prospect I'm just saying don't let people's microwave opinions on player's persuade you. **** most of this board didn't like AJ Mathis & he's a prototype LB at 6'1 200+lbs good speed & very productive tackling machine.

The only thing people care about on here is 40 times lol
Bro all you need is a microphone and a pulpit.. and a collection plate 😂

Advertisement
This thread looks like it was hijacked so I apologize if I repeat anything.

Looks like Patke and Corey are really connecting. North Shore is loaded with young talent. I will definitely take a linebacker that has grown up trying to tackle Zach Evans.

A&M has been following Corey since before Jimbo came in. He has done very well at their camps. Not sure why there was never an offer.

FYI, Jimbo doesn’t seem too big on stars when it comes to LB

Texas Tech offered him after his freshman year.

This is not my opinion as I know very little about ILB, but I did hear something about him not having SEC speed, but would be perfect at Miami where we have a Striker

I trust Manny. He plays hard. Seems like a great kid. I love the idea of a North Shore pipeline.

F*ck it. Offer Zach Evans, too.
He already claimed he’s a package deal with the kid that committed to Baga..

Which is why its extremely difficult to take anything that the star whores say seriously. All they do is recycle the same tired rhetoric regarding recruiting rankings, combine ratings, & bags to ad-nauseam. They are trying to apply a rigid methodology to a process that is otherwise an inexact science. If talent evaluation & development was as simple as the star whores make it seem, wouldn't colleges be lining up to hire these morons?? Clearly it's a much more involved process, and whether they admit it or not, player intangibles are often times just as important, as raw athleticism.
McCloud is a clear cut example.

Advertisement
He is very instinctual and always seems to find the ball after the snap. I also love the way that he avoids blockers. He makes himself real skinny doesnt allow himself to get flat footed and eludes blockers consistently throughout the entire tape. Those things are coachable but sometimes its good to have a kid that has such good technique already. His tackling is coached up well as well. Keeps his legs moving his toes up wraps up well with his head up which is unusual at that level and finishes. He just lacks the size and strength to get guys on the ground in one fluid motion. Like u said I also dont think he is a very good pass coverage linebacker. He doesnt look stiff at all going backwards or even side to side although he does seem slow but when he back pedals he becomes a well below average athlete and looks stiff as ****. Also stays high which is weird because of how compact he is built. I think theres things to like and then there are things that concern u. Ill take him because I like his as a MLB prospect that isnt asked to cover much
What’s the difference in him and Steed when Steed came out of Central?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back