2020 LB Corey Flagg Jr OV

Advertisement
Cool, but just for the record, if Miami winds up with an LB class in the mold of Corey Flagg, AJ Mathis, Tirek Austin-Cave and Choe Bryant-Strother, then Jon Patke should be fired minutes after NSD just like Doherty was.
Agreed. I'm good with Mathis and Austin-Cave but there's no point in having slow af LB's in today's college football. Bring me Mathis, Austin-Cave, Hyppolite, and continue to go all out of Flowe.

Advertisement
Cool, but just for the record, if Miami winds up with an LB class in the mold of Corey Flagg, AJ Mathis, Tirek Austin-Cave and Choe Bryant-Strother, then Jon Patke should be fired minutes after NSD just like Doherty was.
Agree, I like Austin-Cave, but u have players like Cody Simon, Kourt William, Rubwn Hyppolite, Trent Simpson and Justin Flowe. If we don't get a combination of any them then the recruiting and evaluation at ths LB position is terrible.

More importantly, what's his 10 yard and Short Shuttle. 40s are nice but its not often they are dealt wit that role unless your playing Sam/Striker, which he would not be.
His shuttle is straight, 4.43. But u Can find guys who are faster and have the same shuttle and better.

Advertisement
His shuttle is straight, 4.43. But u Can find guys who are faster and have the same shuttle and better.

You're very likely, not saying his a stud, but it's good have him in the and see where the cards fall.
Can never have enough LBs, DEs and DBs, that's the home for STs.

Why Patke? Baker is the inside linebackers coach Patke coaches strikers. U guys just throw out names for no reason

I would prefer Miami take 2020 LB Tyler Berrong from Port Orange, FL before this Flagg kid from Texas, if we are tacking a slow LB, not to mention Berrong has a faster shuttle tim at 4.32 seconds. Berrong also gives UM a leg up with his TE cousin in 2021.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why Patke? Baker is the inside linebackers coach Patke coaches strikers. U guys just throw out names for no reason

To maybe hire someone who can coach an entire position group instead of 4 kids? Oh, and maybe recruit? Fire Baker's *** too. LB recruiting has been comical at best and traumatizing at worst. Any staff worth a puddle of **** recruits a top 5 national LB class with the ammo they have to do so. IMMEDIATE playing time, prior history of playing and starting freshmen, evidence of a fast, aggressive scheme which allows you to showcase an entire skill-set, world-class education, preeminent city in the country, tradition, pedigree, Ray Lewis smacking you on the sidelines....I could go on forever. Put proven recruiters on the defensive side of the staff and I GUARANTEE you this is one of the best LB classes in the country.

It's only May. No time to jump off a cliff. But let's go already. We're in the game for some top kids, but I have a very bad feeling we're gonna wind up with a class of "diamond in the rough" kids.

I hope we can get a couple of those top tier LBs like Flowe and Simpson but this guy's tape is really good. I think he's faster than the 4.92 even if he's not a blazer. If he was 3-4 inches taller I think his recruitment would blow up. Super instinctive, good mover, sifts through traffic very well he does a lot of great things especially for a highschool kid. He is much better imo than Mccluster or even Mathis

Advertisement
To maybe hire someone who can coach an entire position group instead of 4 kids? Oh, and maybe recruit? Fire Baker's *** too. LB recruiting has been comical at best and traumatizing at worst. Any staff worth a puddle of **** recruits a top 5 national LB class with the ammo they have to do so. IMMEDIATE playing time, prior history of playing and starting freshmen, evidence of a fast, aggressive scheme which allows you to showcase an entire skill-set, world-class education, preeminent city in the country, tradition, pedigree, Ray Lewis smacking you on the sidelines....I could go on forever. Put proven recruiters on the defensive side of the staff and I GUARANTEE you this is one of the best LB classes in the country.

It's only May. No time to jump off a cliff. But let's go already. We're in the game for some top kids, but I have a very bad feeling we're gonna wind up with a class of "diamond in the rough" kids.
Its an 11th coach. There is no other position group he can coach. Everyone position group already has a coach.

Advertisement
Back