2020 Freshman 15: November Edition

View as article
Advertisement
Manny better stay Portal King at this point. HS recruiting is seriously lacking and has been for most of his tenure. We are literally everyone’s back up option. Even the non elite blue chip kids.

But, but, we have the #1 class in 2021!

Mallory regressed..really..what did he do last year? Nothing..he redshirted..kid was open multiple times early in the year & he dropped sure TD’s & two point conversion...

That's coaching. LOL. Mallory is a thoroughbred. A TE body with track speed. If Fields cant turn him into a first round pick, he needs to go! That's his pet project. Why the **** would 5* TE Darnell Washington come here if he cant turn a specimen like Mallory into a first rounder?

That and I still go back to the video that was on CIS where Larry Hodges was apparently doing something wrong and Enos yelled out, "Is anyone going to coach this kid??!?!"... I started looking at Fields side-eyed after that.

@Jassid82 so should he still decommit from maryland?

Depends on who you really believe.. Stefan said the staff thinks Hypolite is FOS and is all MD and is playing games. (paraphrasing) Ivins said staff doesn't want him and doesn't have a commitable offer.

Our LB class isn't so elite (or even very good and some think its downright just average at best) for us to turn down Hypolite. Sorry I like Ivins but I'm rolling with Stefan here. I think the staff smells a rat and isn't going to play the game with this kid.

Advertisement
Depends on who you really believe.. Stefan said the staff thinks Hypolite is FOS and is all MD and is playing games. (paraphrasing) Ivins said staff doesn't want him and doesn't have a commitable offer.

Our LB class isn't so elite (or even very good and some think its downright just average at best) for us to turn down Hypolite. Sorry I like Ivins but I'm rolling with Stefan here. I think the staff smells a rat and isn't going to play the game with this kid.
I think he wants in and isnt playing the rat game. I think the staff is just trying to land a bigger fish first and keeping him as a fall back. Not sure if thats a good thing in this situation.

Advertisement

Stefan didn't say he was playing at all. He basically said he isn't a take right now too.

Here is what stefan said, If Miami decides to move on from Flowe, maybe things change here, but it’s looking more and more like Hyppolite will stick with Maryland.

the people who say manny's recruiting has always been bad here need to explain how he keeps putting up top 15 defenses every season
He hasn't done it every season. Only had 1 top 15 defense since he has been here.

would also like the manny is a bad recruiter crowd to explain greg rousseau, jon garvin, nesta silvera, jon ford, jordan miller, and jahfari harvey, who were all 3 stars when they committed to and/or signed with miami
So you really using 3 stars as a example that he can recruit? And let's not act like he was responsible for those guys. Kool actually got all those guys except for miller and harvey.

Advertisement
Man, I tell you....I can't help being depressed watching our recruiting situation deteriorate every **** year now over ******* financials.

:crying-2::crownpour:

**My apologies in advance to the "there are no payments in college recruiting" crowd....I know that it's just kids, mainly the highest ranked ones, wanting to experience college life elsewhere....I know it's all coincidence.**

Advertisement
yes, i'm using 3 stars who turned into studs in the most important position group on defense as evidence that he can recruit
He didn't recruit those guys. Kool had the power to offer and recruit any d-linemen he wanted. Diaz has never been a good recruiter. Just look at his horrible recruiting at LB.

Folks crowned manny for his portal use.

martin came and went. Traore eh. Kennedy haha. Martel not.

Phillips we’ll see. Hill, nnoruka ok. Bolden got it.

osborn, hedley, yes.

that is a lot of roster spits and new counters for a few years of overall contributions.

I dont think Traore is a portal guy.

The Portal has been pretty good for us.

Advertisement
Back