2020 Freshman 15: November Edition

View as article
We get Jalen Harrell 100%.

Diaz & Stroud need to hit a homerun on 12/13 & should be able to fight off Haggins for Jaylen Harrell.

Landing Douglas Emilien would be a great pickup by Stubbs, if he can keep the 3 we got & add Emilien that'll be a big + to his recruiting acumen.

I'm not gonna believe we get Francois until he signs on the dotted line.

The miss on Hyppolite is the most disappointing, don't care about Flowe not coming, I knew he wasn't for months. Diaz, Baker & Patke will have to work real hard to flip a Wakulla kid from FSU's grasp, but there's a clear issue with LB recruiting on this staff. Diaz should seriously consider hiring Devin Bush Sr as our LB coach because we can't keep missing this heavy on talented LB's.

I hope we get one of the JUCO CB's in either Ronald Williams or Jakorian Bennett, I don't mind the Davonte Brown take as long as he's accompanied with one of the JUCO's, because we need a game ready CB for depth next year, Brown is a developmental prospect that won't be ready for a year or two.

Overall this class can finish out good, just need to find a way to close on a 4-star LB.

El:

Can't fight you on anything you've said but I think our LB recruiting is less about missing on high caliber kids, and more about just not getting enough of them. I like the quality of the talent on the roster and in the (likely) recruiting pipeline, it's just the depth that scares me. Unless you were saying the same thing?

Advertisement
El:

Can't fight you on anything you've said but I think our LB recruiting is less about missing on high caliber kids, and more about just not getting enough of them. I like the quality of the talent on the roster and in the (likely) recruiting pipeline, it's just the depth that scares me. Unless you were saying the same thing?

You are wrong here, Cane brotha. The entire board is split on Flagg, nobody really likes Mathis, and I think we all can agree that TAC can be good with development. This LB class is really less then spectacular to say the least. If Brooks or Huff (or both..gulp..) bust, we are in deep ****. Thank god our DL quality depth and recruiting could mask this position group for the time being.

Dude you are reaching. Our Defense has been top notch every year Diaz has had his thumb on the pulse of it. Stop the nonsense. Talk about his recruiting all you want but hes the best DC we have had here since Randy Shannon.
Im reaching? The stats show he has had 1 top 15 defense and that was last year. He said diaz has had top 15 defenses every year and its false.

Im reaching? The stats show he has had 1 top 15 defense and that was last year. He said diaz has had top 15 defenses every year and its false.

Stats wise? Maybe. But in the last 3 years, you will be hard pressed to find any media member who would take 14 defenses over ours. This year is the only year I think we couldn't call ourselves a top 15 defense while Manny has been in charge.

Advertisement
Why do I find this hard to believe? Position in need and a solid player from what people say.

Honestly don’t know why it’s playing out the way that it is and I would love to add him to the class but that is what he said about it on the TOS board.

Advertisement
You're overestimating how good our defense is. Its good...not great.

His defense is predicated on sacks, TFL, and turnovers. The latter is a luck based metric and doesn't carry over and is at least in part a reason why our seasons have been doo doo the past two seasons...too many games where we don't get our way with a timely turnover and have been unable to do anything to sway our fortunes. Basically, our success over the past few years, however little, has been predicated on another team ******* up and missing an assignment...this is offense and defense...not like we are dictating games...its been quite the opposite.

Most of our players are incredibly overrated by our own fanbase. You listed plenty of players in a few posts on our defense on the DL and DB and outside of Greg Rousseau (a Mark Richt recruit), I'm not seeing any All-Conference players there yet. Maybe Nesta...but again, two players out of two whole rooms of players...nah man, he can't recruit. He had a pretty **** poor finish to last year - hence the need for the portal...and this year looks like ****, too.

Also, this is less a Manny issue, and more of an issue with the rest of the staff.

I've said numerous times...I dont care how "good" of a coach they are...Rumph, Banda, Hickson, and Stubblefield can all go. They can't recruit at the level needed and expected here. Sorry. I don't think any of them are particularly special as a coach either, but whatever. Butch Barry is getting close, IMO, to joining them. Our OL haul this year and nearly non-existent, and the first half of the year was so bad, its a fireable offense...but I do concede the OL has played better recently.

yeah his defense is predicated on.... the defense making good plays. is that your argument? lol. are you mark d'onofrio?

Advertisement
All facts here it’s the biggest problem with this staff is that they are all below average recruiters and the fear for me is that this might be the most talented team Diaz will have during his tenure and at best we will go 9-4. We better hope he is a great evaluator of talent.
Honestly it's about evaluation and development at Miami. They're a level below us, but UCF have shown what you can do if you recruit / develop talent smartly for a system.

We're simply not in the game for most of the SoFl 4 / 5 star guys that this board loses its **** over. They're cherry picked by the big, successful, bag dropping schools.

Until we win consistently, or until we find a booster network willing to match the payments these kids are receiving to go and play in the SEC, we don't have anything to offer these 'elite' players.

Most of that is down to the mercenary culture in SoFl that helps to make them great football players in the first place btw - live by the sword, die by the sword.

When did he say that??

He’s mentioned it a few times on their board.

This was last night:

946EFED7-2F52-4210-B314-58B2E8860044.png

Advertisement
Honestly it's about evaluation and development at Miami. They're a level below us, but UCF have shown what you can do if you recruit / develop talent smartly for a system.

We're simply not in the game for most of the SoFl 4 / 5 star guys that this board loses its **** over. They're cherry picked by the big, successful, bag dropping schools.

Until we win consistently, or until we find a booster network willing to match the payments these kids are receiving to go and play in the SEC, we don't have anything to offer these 'elite' players.

Most of that is down to the mercenary culture in SoFl that helps to make them great football players in the first place btw - live by the sword, die by the sword.
Can’t argue with anything to said here. Here’s to hoping he hits these evaluations.

Man if the hottest chick in the club wanted to holla at you are you gonna say Nah I’m good , and tell her to go holla at another dude. The number five prospect in the nation puts us in his top four and wants to visit are we supposed to tell him no. I think there is something going on with Hypolite behind the scenes and he ends up in this class whether we get Flowe or not. But Flowe does seem interested so we gotta give it a chance to play out. As much love as I got for Stefan he has been wrong before. Go Canes!!!!!
i agree i think the staff told him chill,we have a spot for you.

Advertisement
Back