2020: Do or Die For Manny Diaz

Problems last year were Kicking, QB and offensive line. Defense was good enough to win the coastal and lose to Clemson.
We have a culture problem. Team was horrible after bye weeks. Looked unprepared and uninterested at times. Couple that with the alleged drug problem documented in the media. Those things need to be fixed before any X's and O's. They should have been handled from day 1 not festered over the season into 2020.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We have a culture problem. Team was horrible after bye weeks. Looked unprepared and uninterested at times. Couple that with the alleged drug problem documented in the media. Those things needs to be fixed before any X's and O's. They should have been handled from day 1 not festered over the season into 2020.
Definitely. Not going to be relevant nationally until they fix the culture. But they could have still won 9 games just with better kicking fwiw. Maybe better to lose those games and change things up more

9 - 3 regular season or BUST. We will have more talent than at least 10 of the 12 teams we play if not ALL of he teams we play

Advertisement
I agree with the OP & this.... Our 2020 schedule is ultra trash. 10 wins would show an improvement - but those 10 wins may be just as cosmetic as Richt’s 10. The entire staff is still unproven (of course) as a cohesive unit. And we still have way too many low hanging fruit corching our kids.

With that said - I’m excited about the changes that have been made. New K, DE, and QB. Pumped. Cause I’m a CANE. Excited to see Da Kang. Cause I’m a CANE. Excited to see how our OL plays under Lashee & Co.’s tutelage. Cause I’m a CANE.

But I know this - we didn’t need all of the above in order to beat GT, FIU, Duke, and LT in 2019. Not with the right Captain. With the right Captain all of the above would have been - just gravy.

Manure still doesn’t know how to prepare an entire team to play ball. That’s still our reality. Manure is on the clock. No excuses.

10 wins is practically the peak of our program nowadays.

If Manny ever goes 10-3 it’ll involve a lot of luck. And there probably won’t even be one particularly impressive performance, like there was vs ND in 2017.

Furthermore, it would probably mean he went 9-3 and beat a #20 type team in a bowl like the Camping World. Rather than going 10-2 and losing a Big Six Bowl to a top 10 team.

Last edited:
He will either be Dabo in the making or Taggart at season's end.

There is no in between.

Underrated post. I COMPLETELY AGREE.

We could pop off, win 10 or 11 and be the toast of college football.

He could also lose this team and be fired mid season.

Manny is treading on dangerous ground. People are once again singing his praises as the champion of the offseason. ****, I’m excited about the potential of the team myself.

But beneath the surface of high fives and back pats is some VERY, VERY disturbing hoe **** going on that is what you would expect from the child of a politicians. Problem for Manny is is that this is football and not the homecoming king election.

He may get away with the subtle hoe **** he is doing and win games. But there is a very good chance it will blow up in his face and cause meltdown on this team that makes 2019 feel like 2017.

He better be careful.

Underrated post. I COMPLETELY AGREE.

We could pop off, win 10 or 11 and be the toast of college football.

He could also lose this team and be fired mid season.

Manny is treading on dangerous ground. People are once again singing his praises as the champion of the offseason. ****, I’m excited about the potential of the team myself.

But beneath the surface of high fives and back pats is some VERY, VERY disturbing hoe **** going on that is what you would expect from the child of a politicians. Problem for Manny is is that this is football and not the homecoming king election.

He may get away with the subtle hoe **** he is doing and win games. But there is a very good chance it will blow up in his face and cause meltdown on this team that makes 2019 feel like 2017.

He better be careful.
Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?

It shamed me to say, but I was an Al Golden apologist that parroted all the excuses slurpers use to prop up trash coaches. I knew the ineptitude I was witnessing meant the regime was doomed and we had hired another failure but my mind didn’t want to accept it. But all of my football experience dealing with coaches and players would not allow me to ignore the truth.

I have been around championship leaders and perpetrating frauds. X’s and o’s are the least thing that separates them. The primary tell is body language, tone, and leadership skills that expose the reality of their character in everything they do. Their behavior over time shows without a doubt if they have the fortitude, authenticity, and confidence to inspire volatile young men to follow them and perform at their peak.

Dan Enos is a hoe and Manny should have sniffed it out. Throwing Jarren under the bus was a huge red flag. He refused to take ANY responsibility for the performance of his offense and it was a harbinger of very bad things to come.

He stands on the sideline looking like a kindergartner who just got his lunch money took by a 6th grader when facing adversity during winnable games. His hand shake with Butch is the definition of a picture being worth a thousand words.

Manny came in with hype and bravado, then tried to pull the “this is a rebuild “ when it blew up in his face.

He threw shade at Richt on the sly, blaming his offense for the team’s problems and making himself the knight in shining armor. All that to come out with an even worse offense and record.

Now all of a sudden there are all these leaks about players not being dedicated. People are eating it up, but the million dollar questions are why now and why didn’t he fix it in his first offseason, or at least address it?

What we are seeing is a guy who is politically savvy and knows how to play “the game”, but lacks true leadership, fortitude and authenticity. It works in corporate America, but will OBLITERATE the trust and chemistry necessary to play good football.

I personally hope he can pull it off because I am tired of losing and don’t want to start from scratch once again. These issues led to the horrible losses of 2019 and were the result of the culture that MANNY DIAZ HIMSELF CREATED. If he is not careful, it can get a whole lot worse.

Advertisement
He isn't going anywhere after year two unless he does worse this year than last. The schedule is much more favorable this year than in 2019 and we actually have a QB, stud DE, and a stud OC. I don't see a 5-7 or worse team next year. Feeling 8-4/9-3--10-2 is ambitious considering recent performance but we'll see.

Advertisement
Back