2020 DL Simeon Barrow Jr | 28 TFLs 15 Sacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunte's production in 40 games less sacks and significantly less tackles than Barrow Jr. Also ended up in SMU. Why not Texas? why not LSU who is struggling for DT help?

Nah those cats went after Simeon Barrow and Damonic Williams for a reason.

Advertisement
UHealth got us. Ready to go by fall camp.

IMG_5526.gif

Hunte's production in 40 games less sacks and significantly less tackles than Barrow Jr. Also ended up in SMU. Why not Texas? why not LSU who is struggling for DT help?

Hunte didn't want to compete for snaps. He saw how Roberts popped at SMU and thought he could do the same. May have ultimately been better for him even if he is capable of playing at UT and LSU. ... That said, I agree Barrow is clearly the more productive in comparison. If we land him, it will be an upgrade.

Hunte didn't want to compete for snaps. He saw how Roberts popped at SMU and thought he could do the same. May have ultimately been better for him even if he is capable of playing at UT and LSU. ... That said, I agree Barrow is clearly the more productive in comparison. If we land him, it will be an upgrade.
Exactly at the end of the day what matters is production.

Why would LSU go out and try to throw a huge bag at Barrow when they could have had Hunte who is equal to or better for possibly half?

Same goes for Texas...

But guys; he’s played better than Barrow!

Advertisement
Clark is 305, with Barrow and Cook around 295. I think Justin Scott is our biggest DT around 310-315, so it will be interesting to see if he's ready to contribute early in the season. I personally don't care if we land a 320 pound guy unless he is good.

Doubt Scott does much as he is a late enrollee. If he enrolled in January then possibly but don’t expect any of the new young DT to provide anything year 1

Don’t talk facts bruh uga wanted JHH they did

Not even close respectfully. The production of Barrow is light years ahead of what JHH produces. Look at the teams after Barrow compared to JHH,night and day.
Exactly. The only p4 program that pushed for JHH was FSU and they wanted him as a reserve. Miami is fighting off SEC schools for Barrow. There’s a significant difference between the two.

Advertisement
I believe they do see clark as a 3T who can play NT if need be. He played NT in ncst 3-3-5 and he was asked to mostly just eat up blocks. Here he would be in a 1 gap system
This!

Don’t talk facts bruh uga wanted JHH they did
And Im not saying this guy is all world ELITE .

But to compare this dude to JHH who did jack 💩 here is crazy to me. This dude out produced BOTH our starters and had SEC and the ULTIMATE bag school ( Texas) going after him.

He is GOOD. He is an SEC level DT and an upgrade over everyone we had last year and blows the two dudes we got in the last portal window out of the water:

C.J Clark- 32 games
73 tackles 4 sacks

Marley Cook Stats- 28 games
65 tackles 10.5 sacks

Again does that mean we still need a 1tech yes... Did we upgrade from last year at a top -3 position?

We sure did.

Advertisement
There's just nothing there…Can't make it appear. Burroughs could have played that role, Harmon could have but he's headed elsewhere.

I think whether Clark likes it or not, he will be more than adequate nose in this 4-3

Soooo many pages...sooo many people have missed the mark...

We are NOT GOING TO NEED a nose-tackle/run-stopper...because we are going to score so many goddamned points on offense that every one of our opponents is going to be chucking the ball downfield every play like Uncle Rico...

Big fan of Scott but I expect Jones to make an impact sooner

But have to see the work he puts in this summer of course
In conversations with Geo he has told me to tamper expectations on Scott making an immediate impact. Like Samson he played below average comp and he will need to adjust to the Speed and Power of college ball.

I am with you that Jones will be more impactful early on.

What we really need is Moten to man up and become our Derrick Harmon tbh.

Advertisement
In conversations with Geo he has told me to tamper expectations on Scott making an immediate impact. Like Samson he played below average comp and he will need to adjust to the Speed and Power of college ball.

I am with you that Jones will be more impactful early on.

What we really need is Moten to man up and become our Derrick Harmon tbh.
IMG_4490.jpeg

That’s the neck of a kid ready to make an impact

And Im not saying this guy is all world ELITE .

But to compare this dude to JHH who did jack 💩 here is crazy to me. This dude out produced BOTH our starters and had SEC and the ULTIMATE bag school ( Texas) going after him.

He is GOOD. He is an SEC level DT and an upgrade over everyone we had last year and blows the two dudes we got in the last portal window out of the water:

C.J Clark- 32 games
73 tackles 4 sacks

Marley Cook Stats- 28 games
65 tackles 10.5 sacks

Again does that mean we still need a 1tech yes... Did we upgrade from last year at a top -3 position?

We sure did.
I was being sarcastic I know he’s better than JHH. CIS over hyping our portal’d out guys like always.

Unless i am reading this wrong I agree with u fam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back