2020 DL Simeon Barrow Jr | 28 TFLs 15 Sacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Got a feeling lsu gonna offer a better deal today if they miss out on barrow they in trouble not many DTs left

It’s gotta absolutely grind the **** out of these fanbases to see Miami in the mix when we have no business being there

sad woody harrelson GIF

Beating LSU for a stud DT is an amazing feat
Haven't been following this guy so basing comment on 247 ranking. Is he a stud? Harmon his teammate is rated much higher and the two portal DT's we have are rated higher. Great to have another body and we probably need another DT...

Haven't been following this guy so basing comment on 247 ranking. Is he a stud? Harmon his teammate is rated much higher and the two portal DT's we have are rated higher. Great to have another body and we probably need another DT...

Comparable to JHH…Gun to my head I'd take JHH and if you are asking which player has a better chance of sneaking into rds 5-7 of draft I'd say JHH with his athleticism. But this kid is more consistent and has had a really nice career at MSU. Definite quality replacement.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Harmon would be a great get and I’m not a person to make apologies for the staff but if you check into that kids recruitment the red flags are massive

Advertisement
Comparable to JHH…Gun to my head I'd take JHH and if you are asking which player has a better chance of sneaking into ads 5-7 of draft I'd say JHH with his athleticism. But this kid is more consistent and has had a really nice career at MSU. Definite quality replacement.
Not even close respectfully. The production of Barrow is light years ahead of what JHH produces. Look at the teams after Barrow compared to JHH,night and day.

Can anyone give me a breakdown of strengths and where he makes team better?

Advertisement
Not even close respectfully. The production of Barrow is light years ahead of what JHH produces. Look at the teams after Barrow compared to JHH,night and day.

Agree to disagree…I was a JHH fan though, albeit thru inconsistency.

I will agree, down to down and in terms of the more accomplished career it's Barrow.

Advertisement

Above average run defender, graded well there in a conference known to pound the rock. Heavier than JHH but is still a 3T that may be forced to play 0-1 here due to our lack of big bodies. Clark is heavier, but when Clark was brought here the whole deal was he wouldn’t have to play NT like he did for NCST in their whacky 3-3-5 and he would be able to penetrate and get up field more playing 3T so interested to see who they put at NT if Barrow does indeed come.

In a perfect world, Barrow is in your 2 deep but we are pretty desperate and lacking veteran depth so he will probably start alongside Clark if I had to bet.

PS - *whispers “we still need another DT, preferably a NT type*

Above average run defender, graded well there in a conference known to pound the rock. Heavier than JHH but is still a 3T that may be forced to play 0-1 here due to our lack of big bodies. Clark is heavier, but when Clark was brought here the whole deal was he wouldn’t have to play NT like he did for NCST in their whacky 3-3-5 and he would be able to penetrate and get up field more playing 3T so interested to see who they put at NT if Barrow does indeed come.

In a perfect world, Barrow is in your 2 deep but we are pretty desperate and lacking veteran depth so he will probably start alongside Clark if I had to bet.

Ya I didn't know that about Clark's preference, because imo he's the most natural nose on this team...

In a perfect world, I'd like this

3 Barrow, Scott/Horton, Scott/Horton, Campbell
0-1 Clark, Cook, Moten, Campbell

RS:
Blount (unless can help DE this year)
?Jones (play him if Cook/Moten are that bad)
Russell

And I'm sure we'll see a little Bain/Mesidor inside at times as well, passing downs

Grad transfers can still enter the portal in perpetuity so I wouldn't rule that out either in the months ahead. Outside of Harmon, there really wasn't a true NT available in the spring cycle.

For now, Barrow is a slight upgrade over JHH, who was going to start with Clark anyways. We'd then have guys like Horton, Cook, Moten, Campbell and Scott sharing backup reps and can also kick Bain/Mesidor insight in certain packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back