2020 DL Simeon Barrow Jr | 28 TFLs 15 Sacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
good points.

LT didn't register a tackle against Loserville and BC (i don't remember if he played). at that point we were trotting out a nicked up Deen/JHH/LIchtenstein/Gore/Moten at DT. not great.

now with just the DTs we have on the rooster right now i don't think it's unreasonable to think that C+C Music Factory can do what LT and JHH/Deen did last year at DT or better, which wasn't awful when they were all healthy. Not cause the new guys r world beaters but cause the other 3 r two undrafted guys and a guy who just went SMU when all the big boy progrums were DT shopping. low bars and all.

get this guy barrow and our top3 is better than it was last year. moten either gets better or he doesn't. and as long as campbell doesnt portal my assumption is they view him as a rotation piece (or he's the unwelcome guest who wont leave). he doesn't have to be jerome brown, just be better than Gore/Lichtenstein were for 10-20 snaps a game.

we'll need at least 1 of the freshman to play significant minutes by the end of the year i think, but i think we'll be alright at DT, and definitely will be if we get barrow.

LT went down in the FSU game. Not sure why but we held up well vs. BC without him. But we really struggled v Louisville and Rutgers because he was out.

I'm higher on Taylor and Hunte than you. I don't think you can categorically say that Barrow + Cook are better than those two, probably a wash.

And I don't even know who our third guy is right now. Deen was better than everyone else at DT last season and he is gone. Horton still injured. Moten has yet to step up. Some people who saw Cook hated him, others said he beat up on Carpenter, so is that pro-Cook or anti-Carpenter?

Net/net, even if we land Barrow, we need ANOTHER quality DT to be confident we'll be better than last year's group. I know people will point to the true freshmen, or having Bain or Mesidor move inside on certain snaps. But that's relying on hope.

Advertisement
LT went down in the FSU game. Not sure why but we held up well vs. BC without him. But we really struggled v Louisville and Rutgers because he was out.

I'm higher on Taylor and Hunte than you. I don't think you can categorically say that Barrow + Cook are better than those two, probably a wash.

And I don't even know who our third guy is right now. Deen was better than everyone else at DT last season and he is gone. Horton still injured. Moten has yet to step up. Some people who saw Cook hated him, others said he beat up on Carpenter, so is that pro-Cook or anti-Carpenter?

Net/net, even if we land Barrow, we need ANOTHER quality DT to be confident we'll be better than last year's group. I know people will point to the true freshmen, or having Bain or Mesidor move inside on certain snaps. But that's relying on hope.
C+C & barrow i like more than taylor/JHH/Deen. neither is what we should expect here going forward, but with a dynamic offense and a real good pass rush i think we can have a really good season with those 3. cook made a real nice TFL during the spring game if memory serves

without barrow i agree things look a little dicey, especially if the injury bug hits again inside, cause then ur relying on moten/campbell/horton/freshmen in our top 4. could work but it's a huge gamble.

my litmus test for whether DT is a catastrophe or not is whether guidry is forced to kick mesidor/bain inside on early run downs. if that happens we've got problems we'll likely lose a game or two we shouldn't and pitchforks should come out. am not there yet, and i suspect we'll be alright if we lock down barrow.

It’s already cleared.

Don’t really know. I might be making too many assumptions thinking it’s going to bind them to LSU. No idea what the repercussions would be here. I guess there’s a slim chance he could just pay it back if our NIL was that much more significant. Or more likely they just pocket it and laugh at LSU.

Sorry I wasn't more obvious, but I was definitely being sarcastic.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I understand "traditional" NIL deals, even if they are disguised pay-for-play. But a payoff to a dad, who is not a party to the agreement (particularly for a tranfer portal player who is of legal age to sign his own contracts)...seems like it would be very tough for LSU to claw back on that one.

Just my 2 cents...

It’s already cleared.

Don’t really know. I might be making too many assumptions thinking it’s going to bind them to LSU. No idea what the repercussions would be here. I guess there’s a slim chance he could just pay it back if our NIL was that much more significant. Or more likely they just pocket it and laugh at LSU.
Or paid for visit like others do?

Advertisement
It’s already cleared.

This right here, laugh their a** off at LSU.

Thought I read some of the LSUs own 247 mods openly acknowledging that they don’t have many whales in their NIL program and they needed to temper their expectations to just maybe two whales a class
I think they are engaging in a campaign of deception.

C+C & barrow i like more than taylor/JHH/Deen. neither is what we should expect here going forward, but with a dynamic offense and a real good pass rush i think we can have a really good season with those 3. cook made a real nice TFL during the spring game if memory serves

without barrow i agree things look a little dicey, especially if the injury bug hits again inside, cause then ur relying on moten/campbell/horton/freshmen in our top 4. could work but it's a huge gamble.

my litmus test for whether DT is a catastrophe or not is whether guidry is forced to kick mesidor/bain inside on early run downs. if that happens we've got problems we'll likely lose a game or two we shouldn't and pitchforks should come out. am not there yet, and i suspect we'll be alright if we lock down barrow.

Just bear in mind that we were mediocre at best last season at DT. So being roughly the same even after adding Barrow is not good enough.

Advertisement
Just bear in mind that we were mediocre at best last season at DT. So being roughly the same even after adding Barrow is not good enough.
when our top 3 dts were healthy last year guidry managed a pretty stout run defense. our run defense went to **** when LT was out and Deen was nicked up. so if we get a top3 dt rotation that's even on par with what we had last year am not worried with guidry at the helm and a much improved and talented team.

Sorry I wasn't more obvious, but I was definitely being sarcastic.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I understand "traditional" NIL deals, even if they are disguised pay-for-play. But a payoff to a dad, who is not a party to the agreement (particularly for a tranfer portal player who is of legal age to sign his own contracts)...seems like it would be very tough for LSU to claw back on that one.

Just my 2 cents...
I guess they could send a guy (whose name ends in a vowel) to the house with a baseball bat. That's another way to claw back - at least when dealing in cash.

It’s perfect

If we win it’s because of money if we lose it’s even better for them

If I make it down for the FSU game I’m not ashamed to admit I would actually take the low road and fight that guy
I don’t even care if we win due to money.

That’s what college football is now. They’re a public institution with hundreds of thousands more alumni. There’s really no excuse for them to be complaining about NIL.

Get your money up, poors.

IMG_2432.jpeg

Advertisement
I don’t even care if we win due to money.

That’s what college football is now. They’re a public institution with hundreds of thousands more alumni.

Get your money up, poors.
None of us care. And none of us should care what FSU fans think

I can’t imagine they worried about what we said while they were rolling undefeated last year and we were ****ting ourselves again

I’d only fight the guy because I don’t like his face

Leonard Taylor was pretty much a bust here considering what he was supposed to turn into, and without him on the inside, we gave up 208 yards on the ground against Rutgers. That’s nearly 100 yards more than our season average (which was actually pretty solid). We also lost JHH and Deen from that unit, so now we’re replacing our top 3 DTs from a unit that wasn’t necessarily considered a strength.
Why is it so hard for people to do their homework when making a statement. The Rutgers RB was one of the best in the entire country. He ran all over (The starting D) of OSU and Mich St. for a whopping 6.1 yards a carry. I understand what you're saying in your post but don't just toss that game in there without the facts.

Why is it so hard for people to do their homework when making a statement. The Rutgers RB was one of the best in the entire country. He ran all over (The starting D) of OSU and Mich St. for a whopping 6.1 yards a carry. I understand what you're saying in your post but don't just toss that game in there without the facts.
…those are facts. They ran for 208 yards on us, which was nearly 100 more yards than we allowed per game coming into it. I didn’t say the Rutgers RB was bad.

Advertisement
Good. Lock him up, don’t take no for an answer. Then see what we can do with the rest of the available DTs

Apparently LSU is now throwing bags around for Damonic Williams too.
lol. Don’t take no for an answer??!! How do you propose they do that?

Contrary to what the fans want to believe money isn’t always the answer.

lol. Don’t take no for an answer??!! How do you propose they do that?

Contrary to what the fans want to believe money isn’t always the answer.
Lol.

Everyone has a price. You see any DT acquisitions yet? Don’t let money be the reason he doesn’t come here.

He doesn’t like the school or Miami? That’s another issue. But money and playing time, you’re not going to find a better combo here. It would be extremely disappointing to not land him, especially since you couldn’t get Harmon to visit (USC paid up).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back