2020 de decommits

Gladly eat the crow on that one, but it remains to be seen where his recruitment goes. You said out of state, so we shall see. I went off the basis of what his own mother said here, something must have changed.

Appreciate the response. I'm no insider but manage to stumble across a few crumbs here and there. Hopefully, we can start winning again and change the momentum.

Advertisement
Gladly eat the crow on that one, but it remains to be seen where his recruitment goes. You said out of state, so we shall see. I went off the basis of what his own mother said here, something must have changed.

yeah, she realized the program is second rate.

Careful what you say about Elijah. His mom posts here...

Literally...I’m not joking.

Thank you for looking out but I'm good. I intentionally didn't read the comments when he 1st made the announcement because the mama bear in me will come out and Elijah and his dad beg me to keep my cool in these forums so I stayed away. So I'm late with my response because I haven't been on here. Now...not that Elijah owes ANYONE an explanation about HIS life decision, I did give one under Stefan's post about Elijah decommitting. These adults on here need to understand that they are talking about children. You all may be fans, but these are kids who may or may not change their minds. The decision they have to make is a big decision and when you have 100+ people in your ear, it can become a stressful one. Be upset all you want but being disrespectful because a 16 year old changes their mind is ridiculous. I still have to tell my son to get off Fortnite and clean his room while people are upset that he wants to really think about his decision where to play college ball. Let these kids live.

Thank you for looking out but I'm good. I intentionally didn't read the comments when he 1st made the announcement because the mama bear in me will come out and Elijah and his dad beg me to keep my cool in these forums so I stayed away. So I'm late with my response because I haven't been on here. Now...not that Elijah owes ANYONE an explanation about HIS life decision, I did give one under Stefan's post about Elijah decommitting. These adults on here need to understand that they are talking about children. You all may be fans, but these are kids who may or may not change their minds. The decision they have to make is a big decision and when you have 100+ people in your ear, it can become a stressful one. Be upset all you want but being disrespectful because a 16 year old changes their mind is ridiculous. I still have to tell my son to get off Fortnite and clean his room while people are upset that he wants to really think about his decision where to play college ball. Let these kids live.
We appreciate your input momma Roberts. Thankfully I don’t think anyone was disrespectful. We understand the state of our program right now. You don’t owe anyone an explanation. Your son has a long ways to go before he signs and he SHOULD take his time with this important decisions. Hopefully he keeps us in mind till the end. Thanks! Have a blessed night.

Advertisement
Maybe they need to re assess what the word "commitment" means. I wish Elijah and their family the best of luck moving forward. Hopefully they take the appropriate amount of time to reach a Final commitment with the next decision.
Honestly, if Miami changed their mind about Elijah, his "committment" would not have mattered anymore. Just like a college can change their mind about a kid, allow the kid 2 take a step back and reassess his decision. However, Thank you. You're right and we will.

We appreciate your input momma Roberts. Thankfully I don’t think anyone was disrespectful. We understand the state of our program right now. You don’t owe anyone an explanation. Your son has a long ways to go before he signs and he SHOULD take his time with this important decisions. Hopefully he keeps us in mind till the end. Thanks! Have a blessed night.
There was a comment mentioning these kids need love/attention cause daddy wasn't around or something like that. I thank God that's not Elijah's story but to say that not knowing these kids lives is not cool. Nevertheless, thanks for your comment. I appreciate that.

There was a comment mentioning these kids need love/attention cause daddy wasn't around or something like that. I thank God that's not Elijah's story but to say that not knowing these kids lives is not cool. Nevertheless, thanks for your comment. I appreciate that.
There’s always going to be that guy no matter what. You’ll keep witnessing that throughout your son’s process.

Advertisement
Just did a little research on this Roberts kid.

If he wants to leave then don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Ya understand?

Advertisement
Back