2020 Class Prediction

I believe there's a chance we add a JUCO kicker or, if not part of this signing class, then a grad transfer kicker. We can't rely on the walkon. He's better than Baxa but that's a very low bar right now.

Advertisement
I’d take that class without issue. The DB recruiting sucks but after a 4 loss season(at least I hope we don’t lose anymore), that’s a solid class.

I believe there's a chance we add a JUCO kicker or, if not part of this signing class, then a grad transfer kicker. We can't rely on the walkon. He's better than Baxa but that's a very low bar right now.

Agreed. Can’t rely on Baxa and his shot confidence or a kicker who can’t kick a FG longer than 30 yards. Going to need to do something about that spot this offseason.

Agreed. Can’t rely on Baxa and his shot confidence or a kicker who can’t kick a FG longer than 30 yards. Going to need to do something about that spot this offseason.

We have a very good one coming in '21 (Borregales), so a JUCO or, better yet, grad transfer makes perfect sense to bridge the gap.

2 things on the Juco corners I’ve been gathering. I don’t know if the staff wants one anymore. For starters it seems like they prefer to just get high school kids and develop them based on who they are pushing for. They didn’t attend any of the JUCOs games and instead went to see high school kids. Also, Ivins mentioned on a pod a couple of weeks ago that there seems to be a sentiment that JUCO corners have been scared off because they wanna come in and play right away and we have 3 young corners who are all getting better and who will all return.
Both Bennett & Williams are setting up OV's, so we'll see if they're in or out on them coming down the stretch.

Advertisement
We need more corners. In today’s spread game we barely have enough for a 2-deep.
Next year we have Bandy, Baldes, Ivey, Williams, Couch, Clarke without adding anyone else. Obviously you’d like to add 1-2 more but that’S 5 ready corner backs and one that you can get caught up to at least not **** up in a year.

Next year we have Bandy, Baldes, Ivey, Williams, Couch, Clarke without adding anyone else. Obviously you’d like to add 1-2 more but that’S 5 ready corner backs and one that you can get caught up to at least not **** up in a year.

Ehhh not enough, nor quite where we need to be talent wise. Decent 5 for sure...Could be better

Both Bennett & Williams are setting up OV's, so we'll see if they're in or out on them coming down the stretch.

How they can look at what they are trotting out, and pass on a Williams or even a Bennett is beyond me

And no 3 footballs hitting DJ Ivey in the facemask for INTS doesn't change that... (and he is playing a little better I'll give him that, just doesn't look like starter material if are secondary is where it needs to be, and DEFINITELY not a 3 year starter that he doesn't need to compete wtf)

Advertisement
That’s a solid class, although I’m leaning towards Knighton and Francios not being in the class. We still are taking some questionable kids who I don’t think are even close to Miami caliber but for the most part this class should be good enough for the ACC.

I’ll be ecstatic if we end up with both Harrell’s I think both will be legit studs.

QB-Van Dyke
RB-Chaney
TE-Mammarelli
WR-Redding, Worsham,Emilien
OT-Washington, Rivers
G- Baynes, Morris
DT-Moise, Roberts
DE-Chantz, Romello, Quinnen, Jaylen.
LB-Flagg, Mathis, Austin-Cave, Greene
striker-Washington

cb-Clarke, Bennett
S-Balom, Harrell, Restrepo

Post-year: Dallas, JT leave early. Transfers: Martell, Dykstra, T. Martin

Advertisement
QB-Van Dyke
RB-Chaney
TE-Mammarelli
WR-Redding, Worsham,Emilien
OT-Washington, Rivers
G- Baynes, Morris
DT-Moise, Roberts
DE-Chantz, Romello, Quinnen, Jaylen.
LB-Flagg, Mathis, Austin-Cave, Greene
striker-Washington

cb-Clarke, Bennett
S-Balom, Harrell, Restrepo

Post-year: Dallas, JT leave early. Transfers: Martell, Dykstra, T. Martin

Yup. This echoes my thinking. Obviously there is a chance Odell is retained and we end up losing out on Greene, and I think the staff is leaning WR more so than S for Restrepo, but otherwise this looks spot on to me.

Greene may be saying Odell Haggins, but he's still what....40 mins from FSU? The kid is going to be an uphill battle no matter what, and the right hire may get sew up instantly.

QB: Tyler Van Dyke
RB: Chaney and then Parrish or Knighton
WR: Michael Redding, Worsham, Restrepo, and Marcus Clarke
TE: Mammerelli
OT: Jalen Rivers, Chris Washington
OG: Morries and Baynes
DE: Chantz Williams, Quentin Williams, Romnello Height, Jaylen Harrell
DT: Moise, Elijah Roberts, maybe one more
LB: Flagg, Cave, Greene, Mathis
DB: Keshawn Washington, Balom, Jalen Harrell, Francios and one more

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’d say keep a look out for Marlon Martinez who is committed to LSU. They just parted ways with a 4star dt from Lousiana who was committed to them and they sit at 25 commits with at least 4 more big time guys wanting in right now(a couple of 5 stars) . Jalen lee (the dt) just left the class and I would Think more are on the way. Now will they drop Martinez given that’s Dumervils teammate? I dont know and that remains to be seen but we will see what happens .

Advertisement
Back