2020 4-star WR Michael Redding

In all aspects of life you should intimately know your enemies... if you think that's all they have ur incorrect

They're dropping some bags (I know you know) and to he loves playing the race card.

They always recruit well but they are cleaning up instate with the second tier of kids. Coming off a horrible season and with the incompetency, Taggert has shown its obvious whats up.

I'm not someone who watches tape so I don't pretend to be an expert. But 247's Top 100 in Florida rankings is hard to look at as a Canes Fan. Top kids committed elsewhere and the second level mainly FSU and UF.

Not being negative. I trust Manny on his evaluations. Once he proves it on the field he'll have a better chance getting kids.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why? Making observations that it's frustrating that this guy was an average recruiter at UM and now all of a sudden is some pied piper at FSU?

4 star Sam Bruce
4 star Ahmmon Richards
4 star Dionte Mullins
3 star Dayall Harris
4 star Jeff Thomas
4 star Mike Harley
3 star Evidence Njoku
5 star Mark Pope
4 star Brian Hightower
4 star Dee Wiggins
4 star Marquez Ezzard

And had commitments from Fleming, Robinson, etc

What the **** are you smoking?

Why? Making observations that it's frustrating that this guy was an average recruiter at UM and now all of a sudden is some pied piper at FSU?
Ok. #1 he was one of our better recruiters. Maybe you dont feel that way and that's fine. But his results proved it. Year 1 yall can say he struggled and cant really argue it I guess cause we locked in on 2 kids for the class due to keeping the numbers small. He obviously missed landing them but that was due to no fault of his own. 18 we got basically all the kids we wanted and last year we had the two kids we wanted in payton and hasselwood. Not his fault we didnt end up with hasselwood as no kid with a brain would sign on to that situation. Anyone who was even near that room or the team (other than Pope or a dee) would tell you the person you're giving all the credit to was a FAR bigger problem than dugans. Dugans problem was he had a snake in his room and he didnt see it till it bit him. The man is gone. No need to worry about him long as we do what were supposed to. But to this second OUR OWN KIDS love the man and know he wasnt the problem. Things arentbalways as simple as they apparently seem.

Advertisement
Ok. #1 he was one of our better recruiters. Maybe you dont feel that way and that's fine. But his results proved it. Year 1 yall can say he struggled and cant really argue it I guess cause we locked in on 2 kids for the class due to keeping the numbers small. He obviously missed landing them but that was due to no fault of his own. 18 we got basically all the kids we wanted and last year we had the two kids we wanted in payton and hasselwood. Not his fault we didnt end up with hasselwood as no kid with a brain would sign on to that situation. Anyone who was even near that room or the team (other than Pope or a dee) would tell you the person you're giving all the credit to was a FAR bigger problem than dugans. Dugans problem was he had a snake in his room and he didnt see it till it bit him. The man is gone. No need to worry about him long as we do what were supposed to. But to this second OUR OWN KIDS love the man and know he wasnt the problem. Things arentbalways as simple as they apparently seem.
Some actual facts right here. If you didn’t f with Dugans, you were in the clear minority.

Cooney was the bigger problem ? I thought he actually was the one who convinced JT4 to come back ?

4 star Sam Bruce
4 star Ahmmon Richards
4 star Dionte Mullins
3 star Dayall Harris
4 star Jeff Thomas
4 star Mike Harley
3 star Evidence Njoku
5 star Mark Pope
4 star Brian Hightower
4 star Dee Wiggins
4 star Marquez Ezzard

Yep, he's a beast recruiter and probably a good coach too. He can't be blamed for Richt's offense. I don't think Manny should have ever let he or Hartley go.

My one concern with Manny is it seems that he doesn't value getting great recruiters as much as I'd prefer.

Advertisement
Yep, he's a beast recruiter and probably a good coach too. He can't be blamed for Richt's offense. I don't think Manny should have ever let he or Hartley go.

My one concern with Manny is it seems that he doesn't value getting great recruiters as much as I'd prefer.
He was a really good recruiter but at the end of the day the room was a mess last year and the receivers didn’t look good at all in terms of play. Saw no progression in that aspect and all of them struggled with drops.

He was a good recruiter but at the end of the day the room was a mess last year and the receivers didn’t look good at all in terms of play. Saw no progression in that aspect and all of them struggled with drops.

This is very true. If you want to say he missed some evals, fine. If you want to say the kids didn't develop as well as you'd like, fine. If you'd like to say you didn't like how he rotated his receivers, who he played, how he handled the room, all viable. Whether or not it's true, you can have an opinion on that.

What you cannot have an opinion on is whether or not he recruited well. That's a fact. He brought talent in, period.

Advertisement
I’m no history major but hasn’t FSU always outrecruited us? Their class is going to fall apart once their season does.

Basically always, yes. And I tell one of my FSU buddies this all the time. A lot of us here follow recruiting closely, for myriad reasons. And that's fine. But every once in a while you need to take a step back and realize what we're doing here. These kids are ALL unfinished products. NONE of them are certainties. So yes, FSU has consistently outrecruited Miami, if you want to look at class rankings in February. Miami has more head to head wins, more first round picks, more Hall of Famers, more Pro Bowlers, and more National Championships. I'm kind of more interested in those than I am in which number Rivals and 247 and ESPN puts next to a school's name in February.

There's just so much more to building a football team than your recruiting rank. Try to remember that before you jump off your roof if a kid signs with another school. You've got to recruit good athletes, but that is literally the first, tiny step in a long process before they become kids who change your program.

4 star Sam Bruce
4 star Ahmmon Richards
4 star Dionte Mullins
3 star Dayall Harris
4 star Jeff Thomas
4 star Mike Harley
3 star Evidence Njoku
5 star Mark Pope
4 star Brian Hightower
4 star Dee Wiggins
4 star Marquez Ezzard

also at least had us in the convo for Haselwood, Juedy, and Smith(currently at bama) right?

Advertisement
Back