2020-21 Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Looking at that list, there's virtually no big men left on the board. Are we really going to enter this season with this abysmal frontcourt? Good grief.

It's looks that way. I have said it since March that if Coach L is coaching Miami in 2021-22 then it would be his last.
It is sure looking like this is going to be it.
Even the thought of going 500 is a stretch.

Advertisement
So we lost 4 players in their top 100:
#19 Timberlake
#31 Lykes
#59 Cross
#95 Olayni
Plus Brooks, who didn't make the cut

And replaced them with:
#86 Miller
#96 Moore
Wooga Poplar
Jakai Robinson

TBD:
Wong
McGusty
Bensley Joseph

Somewhere, someone will tell you that Coach L will make it work and they will be competitive.
I am not that person.

We were successful with transfers before the transfer portal was a big thing. Now that the transfer market is highly competitive, you see the results.

Advertisement
In today's presser L said “We need a big guy. If you look at size, we only have Rodney Miller, Deng Gak, and Sam Waardenburg."
Looking at adding through HS or Portal.

So we lost 4 players in their top 100:
#19 Timberlake
#31 Lykes
#59 Cross
#95 Olayni
Plus Brooks, who didn't make the cut

And replaced them with:
#86 Miller
#96 Moore
Wooga Poplar
Jakai Robinson

TBD:
Wong
McGusty
Bensley Joseph
Staff thinks they have a good shot at getting either Wong or McGusty back in the fold, maybe both. Both guys would like to come back if they don't get a positive report from the NBA, but they also want to see improvements to the roster. Neither one of them wants to go thru another season like 20-21.

Staff thinks they have a good shot at getting either Wong or McGusty back in the fold, maybe both. Both guys would like to come back if they don't get a positive report from the NBA, but they also want to see improvements to the roster. Neither one of them wants to go thru another season like 20-21.

Rightfully so. McGusty isn't an NBA player, and Wong isn't ready. Jim said both were still on campus working out with the team.

Advertisement
Here's a link to the interview

Jim's dissertation at the end was interesting, and I don't think he was faking it either. For all his faults, he seems to actually care about the players.

Given that Chris' mom was texting him her appreciation, it doesn't seem likely that they told Chris to pound sand as some have speculated.

Advertisement

Doesn't really fit what we're trying to do, so I'm not that worried about losing out on this guy, but why the **** would he go there? Makes no sense to me.

Advertisement
Wasn't sure where else to put this, so its going here.

Top 100 big board from someone at the Atlantic - Kam and Isiah didn't make the list. Of a top ONE HUNDRED big board. They're coming back.
The only way I can see either of them leaving is if:
- they decide to transfer to another program
- they decide to go to the G League or play overseas

Advertisement
Back