2020-21 Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Seems he spent his offseason training with his own group (not on campus) and he came back in out of shape, which Huggins was not happy about

Thank you. Huggins has his requirements and I respect him a lot. It sounds like Huggins didn't like his effort and let him go to send a message to the rest of the team.
If you are wondering, yes I would like to see Oscar in orange and green.

Advertisement

Oscars final press conference at WVU. Allegedly, he was dismissed from the program because of his attitude and concerns about his conditioning.
Bob Huggins is a hard nosed, no nonsense, my way or highway type of coach.
I don't think either is right or wrong in this situation. I think this situation could have been handled better by both parties.
With that being said, if he wants to transfer to Miami, we should be happy to have him.

Advertisement
Why, they have 3 scholarships left?
Obviously a moot point now, but they would have been competing for playing time, and I doubt either one would have wanted that. Staff would be well aware of that problem, and the recruiting pitch was likely you'll get a f ck ton of playing time because we literally don't have anybody else.

Advertisement
Canesport's news today is even a bit old... Oscar Tshiebwe was reported by the WV college rag 2 days ago to "be in Miami working with a trainer regarding possible transfer to the U". Seems like it's happening. Well, sort of.
This would be great in my opinion. We need talent and his highligh5s make a brooks like even more of a stiff.... hate to rag on brooks but he’s mostly useless out there.

Obviously a moot point now, but they would have been competing for playing time, and I doubt either one would have wanted that. Staff would be well aware of that problem, and the recruiting pitch was likely you'll get a f ck ton of playing time because we literally don't have anybody else.

Iron sharpens iron. Competition in practice makes everyone on the team better.
I truly hope that is not the philosophy and approach of the coaching staff.
I really don't think that is how they approached the situation.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The 6-foot-9, 260-pound center has heard from Clemson, Florida State, Indiana, Kentucky, Memphis, Miami, NC State, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Utah, and Western Kentucky, the source tells 247Sports.

Also according to the source, things that Tshiebwe will be strongly considering as he goes through this process include the coaching staff, the player development, the style of play, conference as well as the roster and a scholarship being available.

Advertisement
Back