2020-21 Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Advertisement
Didn't we sign a Mount St Mary's transfer a couple of years ago? I can't remember his name but he was one of the transfers who got booted off the team before ever playing a game for us.

That is correct. You are referring to Miles Wilson. It was him, Rashaed Muhammad and Michael Gilmore who transferred in, sat out for a year and got dismissed from the team in November. It happened for 3 consecutive years and it is what caused me to sour on taking transfers.
Fast forward to today, Kam McGusty has been ok but Angel Rodriguez and Sheldon McClellan are the gold standard of Miami transfers, IMO.
Honestly, I would like to see Miami land Patrick Atkinson Jr (Yale Grad transfer) and Will Baker (Texas transfer 3 years eligibility left) this year. Miami needs big and those two would help fill that gap.

Didn't we sign a Mount St Mary's transfer a couple of years ago? I can't remember his name but he was one of the transfers who got booted off the team before ever playing a game for us.
If I recall correctly, they didn't kick that guy off the team so much as he just went completely AWOL one day and they never heard from him again.

Advertisement
All you ever get from UM is a 2 sentence press release that basically says "He gone."

Pretty sure it was in a Matt Porter or Barry article months after the fact.

Thank you. You are correct.
The official statement is dismissed from team for breaking team rules.

I don't question the decision but my inquiring minds does want to know some specifics.

Advertisement
Canesport reporting Oscar Tshiebwe (former 5-star who played at WVU) is currently in Miami and is considering transferring in. Would be a big-time get IMO, he had some NBA draft buzz

I don't trust the source but I would take him in a second.

Advertisement
I don't trust the source but I would take him in a second.

I am going to be honest. It would be a great pickup but part of me wants to know why Bib Huggins sent him home for the year.
This guy was a starter for WVU the past two years and Huggins is a hard nosed coach that requires each player to play hard.

Advertisement
I am going to be honest. It would be a great pickup but part of me wants to know why Bib Huggins sent him home for the year.
This guy was a starter for WVU the past two years and Huggins is a hard nosed coach that requires each player to play hard.

Provided he is not a cancer and is healthy, don't care.

Seems he spent his offseason training with his own group (not on campus) and he came back in out of shape, which Huggins was not happy about

Agree on both fronts. His per-minute and efficiency numbers were pretty great last year

Hypothetically, I believe he is eligible immediately. Plus you have a very good replacement for Brooks next year. I know it says PF but at 6'9 and 260, I would be fine with him in the middle.

Canesport's news today is even a bit old... Oscar Tshiebwe was reported by the WV college rag 2 days ago to "be in Miami working with a trainer regarding possible transfer to the U". Seems like it's happening. Well, sort of.

Advertisement
Back