2020-21 Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Advertisement
Maybe it's not more so about going pro

Then it is getting away from Larranaga and this coaching staff

One guy leaving you can blame on the player, but when there's a mass exodus.....

I do think something else is going on within the program. I don't think it is a Greg Marshall and Wichita State situation but something is driving the kids away.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Interesting.
If Joseph is really coming and Beverly along with Wong are returning then where will another guard get minutes.
Did Joseph sign his letter of intent?

L said he expected all 3 freshman to enroll over the summer. Maybe they don't like Beverly at the point?

UPDATE: Jim didn't mention Joseph, only the other 2. Whoever tweeted that earlier was wrong. So that's still up in the air.

Last edited:
Interesting.
If Joseph is really coming and Beverly along with Wong are returning then where will another guard get minutes.
Did Joseph sign his letter of intent?
You'd move both Wong and Beverly off the ball and let West and Joseph run the show. ex. Start West, Wong, and Beverly and bring Bensley, Nisine, and Jakai off the bench.

I'm still surprised they haven't reached out to Stevie Mitchell & Jonas Aidoo.

Chris going pro feels a **** of a lot better than him transferring. Good luck to him.

After having actually watched the press conference, this tweet missed some important context.

Jim said that Kam wants to prove that he can play in the NBA, and that he's waiting on the evaluation process to decide whether to come back. According to Jim, if the feedback isn't great "there's a very good chance Kam will be back in a Miami uniform next year." We've all watched Kam play the last 2 years, while he occasionally has his moments, he's not an NBA player.

Connecting the dots then, it sounds to me like he'll probably be back, which means Olaniyi's decision starts to make more sense. I think I said when Olaniyi committed here that he was basically Kam's replacement. Obviously, that would no longer be needed.

L said he expected all 3 freshman to enroll over the summer. Maybe they don't like Beverly at the point?

UPDATE: Jim didn't mention Joseph, only the other 2. Whoever tweeted that earlier was wrong. So that's still up in the air.
I'm not sure if L is allowed to mention Joseph by name if he hasn't signed.

Advertisement
After having actually watched the press conference, this tweet missed some important context.

Jim said that Kam wants to prove that he can play in the NBA, and that he's waiting on the evaluation process to decide whether to come back. According to Jim, if the feedback isn't great "there's a very good chance Kam will be back in a Miami uniform next year." We've all watched Kam play the last 2 years, while he occasionally has his moments, he's not an NBA player.

Connecting the dots then, it sounds to me like he'll probably be back, which means Olaniyi's decision starts to make more sense. I think I said when Olaniyi committed here that he was basically Kam's replacement. Obviously, that would no longer be needed.
Sorry, but Kam coming back does not excite me a whole lot. He is who he is. An inefficient score first guard who doesn't do a lot of other things that well. His defense is meh, he doesn't contribute with a lot of rebounds or assists, and he turns it over a lot.

There's too many players in the portal to even keep track of

I've watched Johnson in several TV games this season. He does well what you expect of a 6'11, 250 player, i.e., block shots and rebound.

On the negative, a horrendous FT shooter and a player who misses way too many chippies close in. Almost like he tenses up when he gets fed in the low post. If he could gain the touch required on put-backs and 2 footers, he might have a shot at averaging a double-double. He gave RU 8 ppg and 8.5 rpg in 2020-21.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I've watched Johnson in several TV games this season. He does well what you expect of a 6'11, 250 player, i.e., block shots and rebound.

On the negative, a horrendous FT shooter and a player who misses way too many chippies close in. Almost like he tenses up when he gets fed in the low post. If he could gain the touch required on put-backs and 2 footers, he might have a shot at averaging a double-double. He gave RU 8 ppg and 8.5 rpg in 2020-21.
Still sounds better than any of the bigs we've had since maybe Tonye Jekeri (and he wasn't a world beater, either). I'd take him in a hearbeat

Yea IDK man. Do these kids ever hear they're not NBA ready? Did Dewan hear that, who's now coming off the bench in the G league averaging like 5/4?

Advertisement
Back